World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup Semi Final 1-FRANCE V BELGIUM

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else find it weird when you jump on a team in the World Cup and you find yourself supporting players from PL rivals against players from your own team?

Wanting de Bruyne to dribble past Kante and Toby/Kompany/JV to hold off Giroud just didn’t feel right. I also didnt think I could ever get angry at Kante but when he blocked Hazard’s run I was filthy.
I was going for Belgium but I still hate Vertonghen.

To answer my question from earlier this morning there were 14 players (starting) from EPL clubs

France
Lloris (Spurs)
Kante (Chelsea)
Pogba (MU)
Giroud (Chelsea)

Belgium
Lukaku (MU)
Hazard (Chelsea)
Fellani (MU)
KDB (MC)
Dembele (Spurs)
Vertoghen (Spurs)
Kompany (MC)
Alderweield (Spurs)
Chadli (WBA)
Courtois (Chelsea)

Off the bench: Batshuayi (Chelsea)
Witsel is the only Belgian who doesnt ply his trade in ENgland

I'd prefer to see Griezmann play Giroud's role in the final and Fekir play in Griezmanns current role. Giroud only really offers a target man and not much else.
Griezmann doesn't do all that well leading the line though. He's usually far more comfortable coming a bit deeper to receive the ball, pass it forward and then run to receive again.

Anyone else find it weird when you jump on a team in the World Cup and you find yourself supporting players from PL rivals against players from your own team?

Wanting de Bruyne to dribble past Kante and Toby/Kompany/JV to hold off Giroud just didn’t feel right. I also didnt think I could ever get angry at Kante but when he blocked Hazard’s run I was filthy.

I am finding it tough , I want England to lose but hope the Spurs players play well.

Griezmann doesn't do all that well leading the line though. He's usually far more comfortable coming a bit deeper to receive the ball, pass it forward and then run to receive again.

That's how France played after Giroud came off and I thought they looked much more fluent.

Giroud plays a thankless role. He's the first line of defense, running between the lines and making space for the real dangermen. The bloke can't hit a shot because he's so buggered by the time he gets on the end of one.

He is also one of France's very few aerial threats and I don't think there is simply anyone else who can fulfil that role in the French squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back