News 2018 Fixture announced

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL is corrupt there is no doubt about that. Motlop/Ablett farce is proof of that.

But in regards to us, we have the largest debt in the league, biting the hand that feeds us will do us no good. It's unfortunate, but that's the consequence of being so unsuccessful for so long.

I dream of the day we win a flag and everyone realises we're not such a small club afterall. We just need a bit of momentum, and we'll get that boardroom clout to challenge city hall, but for now, copping it on the chin is exactly the right way to play
exactly ... so long as we still need the AFL to "help out" we will never have the clout to make demands seriously .. at least under Finnis we are getting things that are somewhat benifical to us but to expect the same as the likes of Collingwood thats just not going to happen

Whats this - no picture of Roo on the front cover - ahh s*&^ now I remembry

b481592b-c929-4c13-853f-01fb96d0bdc4.png

Not sure if this will work

https://view.joomag.com/st-kilda-football-club-2018-season-guide-2018-fixture-mag-3/

Edit - nope that doesn't work - someone with more tech skills than me will have to do it. Its a booklet (turn the page thing) so I can't figure out how to pdf it.
itsi foinally found out how to download it on th eleft hand side of the page there is an i for information and you can download it now.
now i am having trouble in printing it.

i think you are missing the point a successful collingwood make oooodles of money the AFL are not bending over because they are scared of Collingwood they give them what they want because what they want genrally makes the AFL more money... for us to even attempt to have the clout Collingwood has we gotta fill stadiums and sell 55K memberships.. then the AFL will see us as a money making club.. as it is now the AFL see us as a money needing club
No you have missed my point. I stated (as others have) that the execs are motivated by money.

https://www.zerohanger.com/champion-data-rank-sides-2018-fixture-toughness-16692/

Champion Data rank your side’s 2018 fixture toughness

Hardest 2018 fixture draws

1. Fremantle
  2. Richmond
  3. West Coast
  4. Hawthorn
  5. St Kilda
  6. GWS
  7. Melbourne
  8. Adelaide
  9. Western Bulldogs
  10. Essendon
  11. Carlton
  12. Brisbane
  13. Geelong
  14. Sydney
  15. Port Adelaide
  16. Gold Coast
  17. North Melbourne
  18. Collingwood

Wow, that a surprise, we get stuck in around everyone else and have a s**t draw. The idiots ringing in yesterday about how Gilligan manipulated the draft to get us good friday might want to tell the campaigner to give us one easy year out of every four at least. Finns was as good as put in by the AFL, we need a campaigner that causes trouble for the AFL. Get some high profile unreasonable * wit in as president. Warnie or some idiot that will act like a megaphone of prickly unreasonableness until we get what we want. Being an uncle tom club never gets you anywhere.

Wow, that a surprise, we get stuck in around everyone else and have a s**t draw. The idiots ringing in yesterday about how Gilligan manipulated the draft to get us good friday might want to tell the campaigner to give us one easy year out of every four at least. Finns was as good as put in by the AFL, we need a campaigner that causes trouble for the AFL. Get some high profile unreasonable **** wit in as president. Warnie or some idiot that will act like a megaphone of prickly unreasonableness until we get what we want. Being an uncle tom club never gets you anywhere.
Genuine lols but I agree.

Maybe they should get myself & triggering bro in? We wouldn’t just lay down & say yes daddy that’s for sure.

Sydney and Geelong WTF!!!

How the hell did Geelong snaffle 2 home MCG games? 7 total at the MCG, and only 1 at Etihad.

Hard not to notice the AFL regularly looks after them, wtf is with that?

How does it work that we have a harder fixture that 8 of the teams that finished above us? No surprises to see Collingwood with the easy draw, AFL want and need for them to make finals next year so they've done their part.

How the hell did Geelong snaffle 2 home MCG games? 7 total at the MCG, and only 1 at Etihad.

Hard not to notice the AFL regularly looks after them, wtf is with that?

You want pick 19 to go after Gaz?
Sure thing, no worries at all.
( no biggie that you’ve traded your first round draft picks for the past few years ... no one will
remember)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

( no biggie that you’ve traded your first round draft picks for the past few years ... no one will
remember)

Let us change the restrictions around trading consecutive first round picks too so you can complete your trades, no worries

I just wish we'd make more noise, we were shafted for years by our stadium deal and fixture and said nothing then renegotiated for tiny gains. They bought the stadium and said it would help but nothing much seems to have changed. We need some a-hole like Kochie or Fat Eddie that embarrasses them into submission. The AFL executives and a bunch of piss pot privileged ******s who do **** all but drink heavily and pat each other on the back for disguising their corrupt antics.

I the last month they have given Geelong a high pick to cover their arses because they have traded away all their first round picks for the four year period. Then let Broad off with a sham penalty while paying lip service to respect and responsibility. Now they release a fixture designed to give Collingwood, Carlton and Essendon a ridiculous advantage and almost guarantee finals for two of them. They gave Carlton more Friday night games that we got when we were top of the ladder and they are the most unwatchable team in the league. They are s**t and we just take it on the chin.

Has our new stadium deal been announced? I must have missed the details if so.

https://www.zerohanger.com/champion-data-rank-sides-2018-fixture-toughness-16692/

Champion Data rank your side’s 2018 fixture toughness

Hardest 2018 fixture draws

1. Fremantle
  2. Richmond
  3. West Coast
  4. Hawthorn
  5. St Kilda
  6. GWS
  7. Melbourne
  8. Adelaide
  9. Western Bulldogs
  10. Essendon
  11. Carlton
  12. Brisbane
  13. Geelong
  14. Sydney
  15. Port Adelaide
  16. Gold Coast
  17. North Melbourne
  18. Collingwood

But then, what if the draw was ranked in commercial terms: from best to worst?
And St Kilda again ranked 5th.
I know what I’d want. I would always swap an away game to Port for a home game against Collingwood.

Wow, that a surprise, we get stuck in around everyone else and have a s**t draw. The idiots ringing in yesterday about how Gilligan manipulated the draft to get us good friday might want to tell the campaigner to give us one easy year out of every four at least. Finns was as good as put in by the AFL, we need a campaigner that causes trouble for the AFL. Get some high profile unreasonable **** wit in as president. Warnie or some idiot that will act like a megaphone of prickly unreasonableness until we get what we want. Being an uncle tom club never gets you anywhere.
I’m not so concerned as you.
I see the commercial benefits of this draw as being more beneficial in the long term.
And as for it being a hard draw?
I’m mindful of a lesson from the 1997 Sandringham Premiership year.
Andy Collins was the coach, and spent the majority of the year seemingly playing people out of position. When pressed why after the GF, his answer was: to toughen up the players, get them used to adversity and more importantly, the pressure they would experience in a grand final.
(Source: Sandringham committee member 1997)

The takeaway of course: when the going gets tough, the tough get going.
(J P Kennedy (father of JFK) - or Billy Ocean depending on your Wikipedia feed).

Has our new stadium deal been announced? I must have missed the details if so.

No but someone told me the clubs are not going to see a huge boost in revenue and Essendon are getting a better deal than everyone else because.....anchor tenant or some s**t.

I’m not so concerned as you.
I see the commercial benefits of this draw as being more beneficial in the long term.
And as for it being a hard draw?
I’m mindful of a lesson from the 1997 Sandringham Premiership year.
Andy Collins was the coach, and spent the majority of the year seemingly playing people out of position. When pressed why after the GF, his answer was: to toughen up the players, get them used to adversity and more importantly, the pressure they would experience in a grand final.
(Source: Sandringham committee member 1997)

The takeaway of course: when the going gets tough, the tough get going.
(J P Kennedy (father of JFK) - or Billy Ocean depending on your Wikipedia feed).

If we make finals this year we would make more commercial gains than if we miss out on finals playing a harder draw. It might cash us up this year but we will be back to sunday night slots as soon as we don't make finals again and we will lose any advantage the sweet financial draw gave us.

If we make finals this year we would make more commercial gains than if we miss out on finals playing a harder draw. It might cash us up this year but we will be back to sunday night slots as soon as we don't make finals again and we will lose any advantage the sweet financial draw gave us.
Perhaps.
Just one other reason why it’s critical for us to be playing finals before 2020.

Would be disappointed if the club had this attitude and glad it doesn't seem to. We've been given a chance to make commercial gains and be seen more by the football worlds. It isn't the hardest fixture ever. Got to take the chance we've got and do something with it.

Two things

1. The Football Dept and Marketing Dept have very different ideas on what constitutes a good draw, especially if power clubs are seeing success and Interstate Clubs arent. For instance this year the Marketing Dept would rather a home game v Richmond...the Football Dept would rather it v GC or Bris.

2. THe 6-6-6 band use for fixturing is actually quite fair, EXCEPT of course its horribly compromised. If the AFL ever decided that its OK to have a footy-free weekend in any state (or that two Clubs from the same state can play at home in the same weekend) , or that its not compulsory for "cross-town rivalries" to happen twice every year...or even God forbid that certain games HAVE to be played on certain dates..the whole thing might actually work. As it is, its barely even a guide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back