Certified Legendary Thread 2018 Grand Final : West Coast v Collingwood - Wooden Spooners to win Flag

Remove this Banner Ad

His third quarter was game changing though. Huge.
Exactly

Just watching the replay, I can’t believe how much he turned it on that 3rd qtr

Wish he held that mark late in the 4th though - but makes no difference now does it :D

Exactly

Just watching the replay, I can’t believe how much he turned it on that 3rd qtr

Wish he held that mark late in the 4th though - but makes no difference now does it :D

Agreed. He was thinking about kicking the goal before he marked it wasn't he. Jesus, he could have taken a chest mark.

They finally showed some passion after 5 goals down. We should have won this by 20 if we weren't sleep walking dropping marks and missing disposals.

We won so none of this matters

* off. This club has never lacked passion. We all shat ourselves when we were 5 goals down, but don’t try to rewrite the history you have put in writing after the event.

**** off. This club has never lacked passion. We all shat ourselves when we were 5 goals down, but don’t try to rewrite the history you have put in writing after the event.
We made like 3 dumb errors that all resulted in goals. Our head wasn't in the game as much as Collingwood's was from the first bounce. They were tackling harder, pressuring.. We were fumbling. It took 5 goals for the sense of urgency to build.

We woke up. Almost too late. But we came back. All that matters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DoQDw0SU4AE8q3B.jpg

How many weeks for Grundy’s headbutt on Redden with 3:25 left in second quarter? Won a dubious HTB decision but definitely gave Reddo a nice old Liverpool kiss when lying on top of him. Be interesting to see how what the MRO makes of it.

Watching the reply on 7. Some of the decisions late in the 2nd were disgusting. Plenty of HTB not paid.
The EAGLES chant as they are coming of at half time. HNGGGGGG

Some random reflections before I'm done for the day. Lecca & Cripps didn't get the couple of goals I thought they'd contribute.
Also, thought Venables was better than his 1 kick 3 handball, zero mark game (sure I saw him involved in 1 link up with a mark, can't remember)

Midfield battle including rucks well & truly won.
Go back 12 months and Ryder destroyed us twice in the regular season, come the finals he was worked over.
Kudos coaching staff & playing group, we've done it again this finals series somehow nullifying great rucks.
Hutch great on Sidey, no idea how we lucked out a down game from Pendles and the underrated Phillips too. Evens out with Yeo only contributing that massive goal, oh, did I say only?

Langdon was great for the pies.

Can't wait to watch the replay.. Might come to appreciate how good Shueys game was (know he played a ripper but still thought Sheed BOG)
I'll focus on the ruck battle too. Stoked we survived that one.

Also, thought Venables was better than his 1 kick 3 handball, zero mark game (sure I saw him involved in 1 link up with a mark, can't remember)

Yeah I was pretty shocked when I saw his stats earlier. Swear I saw him a lot more during the game. Must have been just been involved in a couple of big plays with his 4 touches, and made a contest out of a few more without registering an actual stat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back