2018 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

24,102 on the Lion's site but the club is pushing for 28,000. When i first saw the push for 28k members I assumed it would be for the 2019 season. Feels a bit unrealistic given the the season is already 1/3 of the way through.

24,102 on the Lion's site but the club is pushing for 28,000. When i first saw the push for 28k members I assumed it would be for the 2019 season. Feels a bit unrealistic given the the season is already 1/3 of the way through.
Good on them for trying but I thought the same, unrealistic and considering the push came after the Richmond game.

I have said this before, but it is worth reiterating here, the Brisbane Lions are an organisation that operates in the very competitive Sports Entertainment Industry. People go to games to be entertained and hopefully come away happy. This is the ‘product’ that clubs and competitions are selling. Now most spectators of sports understand that you can’t win every week, but they should be able to go to games with a reasonable expectation of success. The problem for Brisbane is that as the least competitive / successful team in the AFL over nearly a decade, their product is tarnished and desperately needs a ‘cut and polish.’ Rather than walking away from games happy and entertained, the majority of games the club has been involved in, particularly during the last 5 years have been shocking one sided losses where the defeat was often beyond doubt before the first half had concluded. Under these circumstances supporters have been short changed. As a Victorian Family Member (Premium), I have been to two games this year, the St.Kilda and Richmond games and neither was the least bit entertaining or enjoyable. This Saturday I will be attending the Footscray game and I am fully expecting to be leaving disappointed again. Under these circumstances, how could the Club seriously expect me to renew next year? At present being a member of the Brisbane Lions is a bit like buying a book of ten tickets to Gold Class Cinema and having the projector break down halfway through nine or ten out of ten films. The fact that occasionally we nearly have a ‘happy ending’ is not good enough. We need to win games in order to encourage possible customers for our product to spend their hard earned.

Last edited:
I have said this before, but it is worth reiterating here, the Brisbane Lions are an organisation that operates in the very competitive Sports Entertainment Industry. People go to games to be entertained and hopefully come away happy. This is the ‘product’ that clubs and competitions are selling. Now most spectators of sports understand that you can’t win every week, but they should be able to go to games with a reasonable expectation of success. The problem for Brisbane is that as the least competitive / successful team in the AFL over nearly a decade, their product is tarnished and desperately needs a ‘cut and polish.’ Rather than walking away from games happy and entertained, the majority of games the club has been involved in, particularly during the last 5 years have been shocking one sided losses where the defeat was often beyond doubt before the first half had concluded. Under these circumstances supporters have been short changed. As a Victorian Family Member (Premium), I have been to two games this year, the St.Kilda and Richmond games and neither was the least bit entertaining or enjoyable. This Saturday I will be attending the Footscray game and I am fully expecting to be leaving disappointed again. Under these circumstances, how could the Club seriously expect me to renew next year? At present being a member of the Brisbane Lions is a bit like buying a book of ten tickets to Gold Class Cinema and having the projector break down halfway through nine or ten out of ten films. The fact that occasionally we nearly have a ‘happy ending is not good enough. We need to win games in order to encourage possible customers for our product to spend their hard earned.

What do you want? The tooth fairy? As a dedicated football follower, and Lions fanatic, you have more idea of the reality than most.

I reckon that the Lions - from management down to the bootstudder, and especially the players, would like a few more wins too.

What do you want? The tooth fairy? As a dedicated football follower, and Lions fanatic, you have more idea of the reality than most.

I reckon that the Lions - from management down to the bootstudder, and especially the players, would like a few more wins too.
We all do because wins = greater liklihood of people getting on board and becoming members. Continuing losses have the opposite impact.

Last edited:
Actually our membership is up this year despite our win/loss record because of the promise that our recruiting and off field development have created. I agree that we need wins for that to continue but as much as anything what our supporters want is to head to a game thinking we are a chance of winning which is something we are getting now that we lost in recent years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just the heads up everyone who is a member but like me and my son, have 3 game memberships and have already gone to all our games.
They have a promotion we win you win. If you are a member you should of received the email.
Two for one promo.
Was going to most likely 2 of the last 3 games , but you can add another 2 memberships to the total.
3 games it is.
Lets fill the Gabba again.

Hows ordering guest passes through the internet work? I've only ever called up and done it. Just put them through the cart and transaction done, etc. Will I get another email soon with the actual tickets?

Hows ordering guest passes through the internet work? I've only ever called up and done it. Just put them through the cart and transaction done, etc. Will I get another email soon with the actual tickets?

I did the free guest pass online and no ticket was emailed to me. I had to call the club anyway to get it emailed to me as I waited a week for it to come in the mail to no available. Just ring the club (I am going to do it in the future and how I used to do it) and say you had difficulty doing it online and ask for the ticket/s.

Anyone here got any experience using the Hyundai Lions ambassador when buying a new car?

Worth it or is it just a dressed up way of giving you a discount that you could negotiate with any dealer?
Friends did and found it a painless experience. Depends on how much you back yourself to get that discount better than the offered cash back I guess.

Anyone here got any experience using the Hyundai Lions ambassador when buying a new car?

Worth it or is it just a dressed up way of giving you a discount that you could negotiate with any dealer?

What kind of Hyundai are you buying? Currently thinking about purchasing a Tucson.

Mmmm.
KnobbyEnchantedAndalusianhorse-size_restricted.gif