Membership 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never sat there but I can't possibly imagine a worse deal. Pay a fortune for the privilege of sitting at ground level behind a point post. Ah yeah nah.
Neither have i but my very first season tickets were next to that section. I hated that viewing area.

Many years ago, someone come up with the cool idea of having a pool in that area.
It had to be a cricket person, as going for a dip in winter is strictly for Melbourne based supporters.
Not sure how many years the pool lasted, but it was for a while.
Then another smart person decided we have to have something that both cricket and AFL can use.
Born was the idea of The Verandah.
People can now have their own bar & possibly food and sit on what looks like Beer Garden Chairs of different comfort.
The numbers must be limited as the section never looks crowded even when sold out. So, that a bonus for some.
People are also likely to appear on TV more so than from a normal seat. So, that is a bonus for those that like that sort of thing.
For this service you get to pay a premium and sit in arguably close to the worst AFL viewing area at the Gabba in my opinion.
I suppose they have to charge a premium to make up for all the extra seats they could sell under a normal seating layout.

People attend sporting events for all sorts of reasons. As such this area gets used.
I just don't think The Verandah is for most AFL hard core supporters.

However, i do see one benefit of the Verandah and that is the seating numbers.
The old pool area was extended and gobbled up more seating that was used for opposition team supporters.

Neither have i but my very first season tickets were next to that section. I hated that viewing area.

Many years ago, someone come up with the cool idea of having a pool in that area.
It had to be a cricket person, as going for a dip in winter is strictly for Melbourne based supporters.
Not sure how many years the pool lasted, but it was for a while.
Then another smart person decided we have to have something that both cricket and AFL can use.
Born was the idea of The Verandah.
People can now have their own bar & possibly food and sit on what looks like Beer Garden Chairs of different comfort.
The numbers must be limited as the section never looks crowded even when sold out. So, that a bonus for some.
People are also likely to appear on TV more so than from a normal seat. So, that is a bonus for those that like that sort of thing.
For this service you get to pay a premium and sit in arguably close to the worst AFL viewing area at the Gabba in my opinion.
I suppose they have to charge a premium to make up for all the extra seats they could sell under a normal seating layout.

People attend sporting events for all sorts of reasons. As such this area gets used.
I just don't think The Verandah is for most AFL hard core supporters.

However, i do see one benefit of the Verandah and that is the seating numbers.
The old pool area was extended and gobbled up more seating that was used for opposition team supporters.
I have a GA membership so it is basically right next to where we normally sit (or directly the other end). I agree it seems more of a social event than a hardcore AFL fan area, am planning to go with a few mates who don’t follow AFL all that closely

I have a GA membership so it is basically right next to where we normally sit (or directly the other end). I agree it seems more of a social event than a hardcore AFL fan area, am planning to go with a few mates who don’t follow AFL all that closely
As i mentioned The Verandah has a purpose.
And what you are thinking about regarding your mates would be one of those.
They will still get The Gabba crowd atmosphere which is something they can compare to the sport they follow.

Just had another look there is a discount given considering they are guest tickets at $68
Normal cost is $80 and that was for another game, not Collingwood,Imean it's the same price througout the season, until the finals.
That doesn't sound right to me.
I have paid , but I'll give the team a ring tomorrow.

It's the market at work, supply and demand. Pretty sure the Blues and Magpies in our first 2 home games will be sell outs regardless.

We have a great array of good to very good teams at home this season... what a start at the Gabba, Blues > Magpies > Cats > Suns > Tigers.:heart::brisbane:

Evenin all, just a query regarding the Support From Home membership. I currently reside in Penrith for work and was planning on coming up for the Easter break to catch the GF rematch for my Uncles 60th. I’ve been put in charge of booking the tickets and was just wondering how the 20% ticket discount for interstate members at the Gabba worked. Does it adjust the final total or is there a code that you need to apply to put it into effect.

First year member and chose the year I moved away from QLD to finally make the switch so any help would be greatly appreciated!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Evenin all, just a query regarding the Support From Home membership. I currently reside in Penrith for work and was planning on coming up for the Easter break to catch the GF rematch for my Uncles 60th. I’ve been put in charge of booking the tickets and was just wondering how the 20% ticket discount for interstate members at the Gabba worked. Does it adjust the final total or is there a code that you need to apply to put it into effect.

First year member and chose the year I moved away from QLD to finally make the switch so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Just log into your Mylions membership account portal and apply for a guest ticket and the discount is applied automatically, at least that is the way it works for me... I am a full member though.

Just had another look there is a discount given considering they are guest tickets at $68
Normal cost is $80 and that was for another game, not Collingwood,Imean it's the same price througout the season, until the finals.
I have just seen this in the email you sent me to and the Guest Tickets are not available for the Collingwood game.
So you would have paid full price for the tickets and your guest tickets will still be available for other games.

The last sentence is the killer from the below:

IMG_5501.jpeg

I have just seen this in the email you sent me to and the Guest Tickets are not available for the Collingwood game.
So you would have paid full price for the tickets and your guest tickets will still be available for other games.

The last sentence is the killer from the below:

View attachment 1904948
Ok , sorry yeah I was talking about the normal discount we get when purchasing extra tickets for people.
You can still get a discounted price if you buy guest tickets, understandable no freebees to big matches.
But like I said the ticket prices are very inflated due to the demand.

Steep

It is asking for a code if you are a member, so what is that?
I can’t see how to even buy tickets at the moment even although I am a member.
If it's like previous seasons, we can't actually access our ticket until 72 hours before the match. I think tickets on sale this week are only for 3-game members etc.

How do you find out what your barcode is? I'm *ing furious with this club, they're a rite pack of campaigners for not supplying it on a card. 15 minutes just wasted screwing around on ticketmaster & the Lions app.

How do you find out what your barcode is? I'm *ing furious with this club, they're a rite pack of campaigners for not supplying it on a card. 15 minutes just wasted screwing around on ticketmaster & the Lions app.

Deep breaths my friend.

I'm actually a bit surprised we don't have more already. I wonder where we were this time last year...
Just had a look at what’s left in regards to season memberships. Not much really, back 7 rows in about half a dozen sections of the top tier, and one of those sections, it’s just a single seat in the middle of a row.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back