Membership 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a look at what’s left in regards to season memberships. Not much really, back 7 rows in about half a dozen sections of the top tier, and one of those sections, it’s just a single seat in the middle of a row.
highlights why we need a gabba upgrade really

club has pretty much outgrown it

I have always just done a screenshot of my Gabba membership ticket/barcode and used that for convenient entry. Looks like that is not possible anymore and I need to save to a Wallet...anyone else notice that or is it just me misreading the messaging?

So I was a bit late this season and only signed up this morning..

In my confirmation email there was a little side note stating

Please note your season seat is valid for Collingwood onwards. MemberHQ will assign your seats for Opening Round and will be added to your account prior to 4pm Friday 8th March.”

Am I correct in interpreting this as I will still get to attend opening round? Obviously just not in my selected season seats? I currently don’t have any and tickets to the game on my app.

Last edited:

Please note your season seat is valid for Collingwood onwards. MemberHQ will assign your seats for Opening Round and will be added to your account prior to 4pm Friday 8th March.”

Am I correct in interpreting this as I will still get to attend opening round? Obviously just not in my selected season seats? I currently don’t have any and tickets to the game on my app.
That is what it sounds like to me.
Do you only have 1 membership seat or a few together?

That is what it sounds like to me.
Do you only have 1 membership seat or a few together?
Just the 1! The wording is just a tiny bit strange, although I think I’m looking it to much haha. I have to travel from the Sunshine Coast so I’ll just run the gauntlet if I can’t get through to HQ

We have our normal season seats for tonight.

The way I read it is, you will be sitting in the same seat for every match from the Collingwood game, onwards.

However that seat has been sold for this game, and they will assign you a seat by 4pm today.

My guess is, they’re hopping for some late sales today, and will assign you a seat from what ever is left over.

The way I read it is, you will be sitting in the same seat for every match from the Collingwood game, onwards.

However that seat has been sold for this game, and they will assign you a seat by 4pm today.

My guess is, they’re hopping for some late sales today, and will assign you a seat from what ever is left over.

Yeah perfect, I’m more than happy with that ! Cheers, just wanted to make sure I was misinterpreting it haha.

You can get one from the Lions via Ticketmaster for $15 as i have mentioned previously.
I wanted to see if i could use my very soon to expire birthday voucher or another voucher to get one.
Just wanted to see what was on the card.
The image shown just shows "2024 Souvenir Membership Card' no image of any details on the back of card either.

Long story short i went too far thinking "voucher code" would appear which it does not.
The purchase is linked to your yearly or monthly card details, so it just got processed. Not to worry i can afford $15.
So now waiting for a card to arrive in the post by standard mail.

The only details they require you to check during the process is - An update details page. Name, address, email, payment card.
No mention of your section & seat number details or if you are bronze, silver etc etc.
The club/ticketmaster would know this information.
Whether it gets noted on the card is the question.

I shall let people know what the card actually looks like when it arrives.
Forgot about this one.
I paid for the card on the 14th January 2024.
I received my card on the 15th March 2024.
In between i sent an e-mail asking why the delay.
The club did reply the same day stating they were unsure why it was not sent, and it will go out on the next processing date.
Not great service for a card that used to be free. Maybe i am the only person that has ever requested one ;)

So, what is on the card?
It has a cutout slot so you could attach an old lanyard to the card. My latest lanyard is a Gold Member but i am now Platinum.

Front: Maroon color gold Lion. Writing- Brisbane Lions 2024 Member (Color mixture). Small Caltex and youi advertising icons.

Back: White color.
Writing-
2024 Brisbane Lions Member
My name.......
Account ID: ...............

Membership subject to T&C's refer to membership.lions.com.au
....................................................................................................

You would think for $15 they could at least put Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum
And of course, no bar card number to use.

Is anyone else having an issue with accessing their ticket for tonight's game? I can see the event in the app, but when I click on the 'ticket' it doesn't show a QR code like it normally would for GA access?

Is anyone else having an issue with accessing their ticket for tonight's game? I can see the event in the app, but when I click on the 'ticket' it doesn't show a QR code like it normally would for GA access?
It will only come up when you are scanning at the gate.
It is designed to stop people from taking screen shots and sending to other people.
To help stop scammers as well selling a ticket multiple times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is designed to stop people from taking screen shots and sending to other people.
I'm sure that hasn't been the case previously, and even in the t&c's it says the barcode will become available 72 hours before game day.

What are our membership numbers so far?
Good question Macmum.
Used to be good back a few years , pre covid .
Was on the lions website and was updated regulary.
Now I don't look , pretty sure there is no tally on the site anymore.
Wouldn't be hard you would think.
You used to get vision of people getting the 20,000 tmembership , 3, 40,000 , not quite sure why it's not a priority anymore.
It's something to feel proud that we are apart of, so why not .

That's annoying, the best thing about the digital memberships was sending a screenshot to a mate if I couldn't make it so they could go. I guess it will be impossible to share in this manner from now on

That's annoying, the best thing about the digital memberships was sending a screenshot to a mate if I couldn't make it so they could go. I guess it will be impossible to share in this manner from now on
Yes unfortunately,
It will need to be sent via their official methods in the app or website.

Got mine and it’s in my iphone wallet.

Also sent a screen shot to a mate in Brisbane who got in to the Collingwood game with it with no dramas.

I think you can do an official ticket transfer to your mates email address or phone through the members app still.

Is it possible to print out season tickets?
I hate these smart phone tickets and the last couple of home games I've lost mobile signal for pretty much the entire game.

Is it possible to print out season tickets?
I hate these smart phone tickets and the last couple of home games I've lost mobile signal for pretty much the entire game.
That’s why they suggest to put them in you digital wallet on your phone because it doesn’t need the internet.
Once it is in there, it is in there.

That’s why they suggest to put them in you digital wallet on your phone because it doesn’t need the internet.
Once it is in there, it is in there.
What the... Doh! I have no clue what the F that is or what it does.

I think I'll wait till we insert a chip into our skull and we all laze on our couch eating deep fried mars bars in a virtual existence.

What the... Doh! I have no clue what the F that is or what it does.

I think I'll wait till we insert a chip into our skull and we all laze on our couch eating deep fried mars bars in a virtual existence.
Google digital wallet and your brand of phone. Most phones come with the app already on the phone.

Very easy to use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back