Membership 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Presume they'd just be from season ticket holders who didn't renew?
Or they've decided to increase the number of September members, which will result in a corresponding decrease in the number of priority 2 and 3 members getting tickets (though having said that, all priority 2 and 3 members who wanted tickets got them so the club probably saw that as cash being left on the table).

Wow an extra $100 ,
Was never going this year again anyway , but if I were too I reckon priority 2 would get you tickets pretty easily.
I reckon P2 would get a ticket too, but i got seats about 12 rows from the back of deck 4 of the southern stand. My late 40’s eyes have a pretty hard time seeing the ball from that far off… so hoping a P1 get’s me access to a ticket closer to the action.
(Should we make it!)

I reckon P2 would get a ticket too, but i got seats about 12 rows from the back of deck 4 of the southern stand. My late 40’s eyes have a pretty hard time seeing the ball from that far off… so hoping a P1 get’s me access to a ticket closer to the action.
(Should we make it!)
We had P2 and were in the last row of seats in front of the scoreboard Punt Rd end
Good view at one end but seemed miles away from the other. (Kms for young people 😉)

We had P2 and were in the last row of seats in front of the scoreboard Punt Rd end
Good view at one end but seemed miles away from the other. (Kms for young people 😉)

priority one since inception of September membership x amount of years ago. my ticket was back row with Collingwood supporters right behind me as that was there standing room. I was in priority two area. Friend who was priority 3 got tickets on the wing a coupie of rows from the front. In the end I figure September membership gets you a ticket to the game but not necessarily in your priority category.

priority one since inception of September membership x amount of years ago. my ticket was back row with Collingwood supporters right behind me as that was there standing room. I was in priority two area. Friend who was priority 3 got tickets on the wing a coupie of rows from the front. In the end I figure September membership gets you a ticket to the game but not necessarily in your priority category.
Sounds like your mate got very lucky, might have gotten some tickets where a priority 1 credit card got declined or something. :O

Truly is an absurd process and when given an opportunity to reward members longevity; they simply couldn’t give a stuff.

Truly is an absurd process and when given an opportunity to reward members longevity; they simply couldn’t give a stuff.

It is a guaranteed grand final ticket. A ballot is fair to people of all incomes - it is probably as balanced we can hope for. Nothing to do with "not giving a stuff."

The club P1 / P2 / P3 doesn’t equate to the MCG Cat1 to Cat6 ticket, which is a ticket pricing mechanism. I was P2 last year, i’m pretty sure we got Cat5 (or Cat6) tickets.
I would think you friend who got the awesome tickets probably got incredibly lucky and scored some tickets that were handed back (or not taken up in the ballot).

I’m just hoping that by taking up the P1 offer from the club we’re in for a better chance of a Cat1 to Cat3 ticket.
Assuming the AFL and ticketmaster/ticketek can sort out a better algorithm… and assuming we make it to the GF (let’s not get ahead of ourselves!!).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m just hoping that by taking up the P1 offer from the club we’re in for a better chance of a Cat1 to Cat3 ticket.
Assuming the AFL and ticketmaster/ticketek can sort out a better algorithm… and assuming we make it to the GF (let’s not get ahead of ourselves!!).
The algorithm is set by the clubs - we do P1 first for the higher categories, then so on down (with the occasional lucky exception). Collingwood just had them all in a bucket which was why there were people upset about missing out, etc.

Don't you get 2 free guest passes with every September membership? Not a terrible deal really. We've been September members since joining in 2011 for that reason.

Don't you get 2 free guest passes with every September membership? Not a terrible deal really. We've been September members since joining in 2011 for that reason.

In 2016 all September members got a call from the membership team to confirm that they hadn’t mistakenly ordered it.

Two free guest passes to where?

As a regular season member, you get free guest passes to certain games (obviously not to the likely sell out games).

Two free guest passes to where?

As a regular season member, you get free guest passes to certain games (obviously not to the likely sell out games).

Draculas.

We were in the same seats but opposite end, thought the same wasn't too bad at all.
But I get what Braddsey is saying, would of been awsome to be mid tier or even closer.

Looking to visit the Verandah this year - anyone been? Also, is this an upgrade category for a general admission membership like paying for a one off reserved seat? Hoping for a discount of some sort when purchasing!

Looking to visit the Verandah this year - anyone been? Also, is this an upgrade category for a general admission membership like paying for a one off reserved seat? Hoping for a discount of some sort when purchasing!
I've never sat there but I can't possibly imagine a worse deal. Pay a fortune for the privilege of sitting at ground level behind a point post. Ah yeah nah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back