Membership 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Being a Melbourne based member, this annoys me a bit (expect it might for some of our other interstate members). Bit of acknowledgement to those outside of Brisbane woulda been kinda nice.

11838E8E-A1C8-4580-B7CD-A00094913B59.jpeg

Last edited:
Just saw a note from the Chairman, felt odd seeing some thank yous Dan Rich/Marcus Adams/Nakia Cockatoo. Nothing for Rhys who I understand is polarising, but had a better influence/impact on this club than Nakia
I think it's because Nakia retired whereas Rhys did not. None of the players delisted/traded/etc were mentioned. I don't think it was a slight on Matho per se.

Then again, it's all just semantics right? I mean, Luke Hodge retired at the end of his time at Hawthorn.

Being a Melbourne based member, this annoys me a bit (expect it might for some of our other interstate members). Bit of acknowledgement to those outside of Brisbane woulda been kinda nice.

View attachment 1872814
The reality is that the vast majority of our members are Queensland based. And the Gabba is our home so that statement is fair. But it does annoy me too when the club's comms subtly excluding of the old Fitzroy contingent.

How do we access our $20 vouchers for the Lions shop? Is it in our membership pack?
If you can't locate your Club email as briztoon mentioned.

Go to "Member Zone"
Then "Lions Shop Member Voucher"
Your number is shown to use online.

If you are in a Lions shop, go one step further and tap "View Instore Voucher" for a barcode to scan or just give them the number.

To obtain the Members 10% discount you have to have a separate Lions Shop Account. See below.

1702803438471.png

Last year it was an option to have it donated to a kid (not that my bronze digital gets much, just a pin and a sticker).

Unexpected when it arrived, same as this year.

---

Just saw a note from the Chairman, felt odd seeing some thank yous Dan Rich/Marcus Adams/Nakia Cockatoo. Nothing for Rhys who I understand is polarising, but had a better influence/impact on this club than Nakia
Pretty disrespectful I thought; Rhys gave more to the club than Marcus and Nakia combined. I also find he goes way to far re the women’s program to as if it does more for the club than what really does. His coments on the Roar Deal about Fitzroy’s meaning were pretty poor I thought, can see why the AFL aren’t too intent on getting minimum six game s in VIC when you have people like him in charge.

Membership pack just arrived, how about forget the Bronze Member pin that I'll never use & only serves as a bitter reminder of the couple of years I didn't sign up as a struggling student years ago, and instead include a MEMBERSHIP CARD WITH BARCODE THAT I'LL NEED TO REFER TO ALMOST EVERY WEEK FOR THE NEXT 8 GOD DAMN MONTHS!!!

Membership pack just arrived, how about forget the Bronze Member pin that I'll never use & only serves as a bitter reminder of the couple of years I didn't sign up as a struggling student years ago, and instead include a MEMBERSHIP CARD WITH BARCODE THAT I'LL NEED TO REFER TO ALMOST EVERY WEEK FOR THE NEXT 8 GOD DAMN MONTHS!!!
It's honestly still a gripe of mine they no longer do the membership card. I know I have an iPhone and it's just more waste but I enjoyed having a physical memento, far more than I rate my badge or bumper sticker.

I also want a physical lanyard and if they allowed you to choose between a pack and a lanyard I’d choose the latter. Although I appreciate the logistics of lanyards is probably a little more difficult and costly.

The lanyard and card were fine to use during the season and keep as a memory if you decided to do that.
I have kept cards Silver 2010 to 2012 Gold 2013 to 2020. No cards issued after that date unless you wanted to purchase one.
Only kept the one ribbon (2020) and the plastic card holder lanyard.
At some stage i will look at them and say why did i keep this stuff.

I actually wear a 2008 hat when walking and attending the games.
That hat does not have any membership category mentioned.

I am not worried about the cancellation of the lanyard which i think happened because of covid.
Ticked the green option years ago. Saves the club money in purchasing the goods, labour to pack them, and postage.
I actually miss the fridge magnet more so than the lanyard. But that does not keep me up at night.

The kids pack is a different issue and should be retained no matter the costs.

Am I dreaming or did membership packs used to come with a polo, scarf and hat back when we were terrible?
I remember a scarf and a hat that Brisbane fans collected before the first couple of games from tables outside certain entrances.
Can't recall a polo but my memory is fading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I dreaming or did membership packs used to come with a polo, scarf and hat back when we were terrible?

You get a voucher now instead of the physical cap or scarf

The lanyard and card were fine to use during the season and keep as a memory if you decided to do that.
I have kept cards Silver 2010 to 2012 Gold 2013 to 2020. No cards issued after that date unless you wanted to purchase one.
Only kept the one ribbon (2020) and the plastic card holder lanyard.
At some stage i will look at them and say why did i keep this stuff.

I actually wear a 2008 hat when walking and attending the games.
That hat does not have any membership category mentioned.

I am not worried about the cancellation of the lanyard which i think happened because of covid.
Ticked the green option years ago. Saves the club money in purchasing the goods, labour to pack them, and postage.
I actually miss the fridge magnet more so than the lanyard. But that does not keep me up at night.

The kids pack is a different issue and should be retained no matter the costs.

Wait you can still buy lanyards?

Wait you can still buy lanyards?
Cards for $15 as far as i know. Not sure if you get anything else though.
Link below but i have not gone any further by clicking on "Checkout".
Maybe you can also use your club voucher to get the card but i am not sure.

I deleted the original link use the one below

Go to bottom of page and click on "Souvenir Card"

Below image in case the link does not work
1704970962768.png

Last edited:
Cards for $15 as far as i know. Not sure if you get anything else though.
Link below but i have not gone any further by clicking on "Checkout".
Maybe you can also use your club voucher to get the card but i am not sure.

Below image in case the link does not work
View attachment 1885046
Had no idea it was an option, $15 is pretty steep though, hotels only charge $5 for when you loose your plastic keycard & they have RFID/magnetic stripe technology inside that can open doors.

I also want a physical lanyard and if they allowed you to choose between a pack and a lanyard I’d choose the latter. Although I appreciate the logistics of lanyards is probably a little more difficult and costly.
I like lanyards and member cards. Keep Bruce warm...

IMG_7800[1].JPG

10yo got his Hawks membership on Friday; physical card, lanyard (both included in the membership), $25 voucher and a Hawks mini Sherrin.

View attachment 1886334
My understanding is most of the Vic clubs still have membership cards and lanyards available for supporters. They don't offer entry to the game, just collectables.

That's all I want from the Lions.

My understanding is most of the Vic clubs still have membership cards and lanyards available for supporters. They don't offer entry to the game, just collectables.

10yo’s has his barcode on the back to scan and get into games.

You can get one from the Lions via Ticketmaster for $15 as i have mentioned previously.
I wanted to see if i could use my very soon to expire birthday voucher or another voucher to get one.
Just wanted to see what was on the card.
The image shown just shows "2024 Souvenir Membership Card' no image of any details on the back of card either.

Long story short i went too far thinking "voucher code" would appear which it does not.
The purchase is linked to your yearly or monthly card details, so it just got processed. Not to worry i can afford $15.
So now waiting for a card to arrive in the post by standard mail.

The only details they require you to check during the process is - An update details page. Name, address, email, payment card.
No mention of your section & seat number details or if you are bronze, silver etc etc.
The club/ticketmaster would know this information.
Whether it gets noted on the card is the question.

I shall let people know what the card actually looks like when it arrives.

10yo’s has his barcode on the back to scan and get into games.
Makes sense though. I know he's attending with you, and you have your ticket on your phone but it'd be nice for parents to have to worry about carrying/having one less thing open as you enter.

I also would like to not have this issue... as an adult!

Section 5, it would be cool if they let you choose your player still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back