Autopsy 2018 NAB AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I would’ve felt better doing that deal for Stocker rather than of RCD.
Really?

RCD reminds me of Cripps/Oliver the way he gets his hands up in the contest to distribute

I would’ve felt better doing that deal for Stocker rather than of RCD.

Until next year when we didn't have a high pick? Probably right though, RCD was a higher bust factor.

Really?

RCD reminds me of Cripps/Oliver the way he gets his hands up in the contest to distribute

He's big so everyone assumes Cripps and Bont but his output is low. He's looking more Acres to me with potential but higher bust factor than others. If he comes good he's a great size though.

Libba’s reaction to Adelaide’s offer was like a big footy argument where a opposition supporter threw a trade suggestion on our board!
If he had of said jog on noddy, I would have mistook it as a video version of our T&D thread

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's big so everyone assumes Cripps and Bont but his output is low. He's looking more Acres to me with potential but higher bust factor than others. If he comes good he's a great size though.

Looks like an absolute ripper to me. Huge upside and will learn to use his size.

I can rest a bit easier now knowing that we had a crack at him.

Pretty clear it was Caldwell that we rated highly , unfortunately so did the Giants.
I watched the Giants video and it seems very fabricated just like their organisation. It's a shame because I would've loved to see what they said to our offers for Jye.

I've since heard about some horrific injuries that the kid has had from a pretty young age so part of me wonders if he will have a long career but I did love him going into draft night.

Apparently the Crows had 6 offers on the go at once. Had them all written up on a whiteboard (including ours) and pulled the trigger on the Blues deal.

I wonder if we are secretly happy they didn't take our deal given Bytel slid.

Apparently the Crows had 6 offers on the go at once. Had them all written up on a whiteboard (including ours) and pulled the trigger on the Blues deal.

I wonder if we are secretly happy they didn't take our deal given Bytel slid.
Time will tell and it will be a retrospective moment.

If Bytel gets over his injuries then we'll be ecstatic. If not, then not the end of the world given it was a pick in the 40's..

But one thing is for certain.. Adelaide are jumping with joy. Guaranteed top 3 pick next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just re-watched the draft night video. I thought we were pretty clear on what we wanted to do.

Best bit for me was Graham Allan saying "we need a future first"...

Gubby’s comment is tantalising isn’t it. Whom do you need it for Gubby? Two firsts next year for Kelly?

Just re-watched the draft night video. I thought we were pretty clear on what we wanted to do.

Best bit for me was Graham Allan saying "we need a future first"...

Pretty sure that's just because the AFL wouldn't have signed off on us trading away our entire 2019 draft hand. My understanding is that since we are already without a second or third round pick we had to get a first rounder back in any deal involving trading ours.

Wilkie looks solid AF. Reminds me of when we drafted Sam Fisher and I knew he'd just get s**t done.

Also watching these speedy draftees highlights, it stands out that the plodders on our list better learn how to shephard for these guys and get out the ruddy way.

I should be a scout. Wilkie getting s**t done!

Anyone know what the knock on Sydney stack was? I looked at his draft profiles and everything added up yet he only got picked up in the supplementary draft. Same one we got rowe and marsh.
Only thing I’ve seen him do is smash viney so of course now i want him. he’s had 3 games now off no preseason and his stats look ok

Anyone know what the knock on Sydney stack was? I looked at his draft profiles and everything added up yet he only got picked up in the supplementary draft. Same one we got rowe and marsh.
Only thing I’ve seen him do is smash viney so of course now i want him. he’s had 3 games now off no preseason and his stats look ok

There was footage of him and people rating him but some said he was having a few social issues and wouldn't conform. I think getting a kick up the arse might have straightened him out potentially. One of our WA posters said he was trouble and stay away. When I saw his highlights I was sold though.

Had issues with professionalism. Came into the squad in poor shape. Bad skinnies basically. That type of stuff.

Had issues with professionalism. Came into the squad in poor shape. Bad skinnies basically. That type of stuff.

He's had some turn around then. Tigers were saying he trains until he's sick and keeps going. They must have a good program.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back