2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

First pass; rookies are mostly placeholders so holding a bit in the bank.

Big question marks for me are:
  • DEF: Witherden and Shaw - Do either have a chance of being in the Top 6 - 10 DEF come the end of 2018? Yeo and Hibberd are both options but how Lever and being Yeo affects their scoring is a concern. Shaw with Williams now out is highly tempting.
  • MID: Can Dusty maintain his scoring, and is he going to be a must-have? Can Beams play enough games to be worth the injury risk?
  • RUC: Jacobs, Kreuzer and Ryder (to me) are the only 3 rucks that are set to play solo aside from Gawn; Ryder has a woeful Bye and Kreuzer is $80k more expensive (and no Ruck has backed up being #1 for years...)
  • FWD: How is Menegola with Ablett coming in? How is Gray with Rockcliff coming in? Can Billings and/or Heeney improve? If so, are they must-start players.

Essendon mid-pricers like McGrath (DEF), Parish (FWD), Smith (FWD) are also tempting because they appear to have value and I think all three could have potential to be > 85/90 average players.

88a0e4be94.jpg

Salary Remaining: $6.4k

Backs

E. YEO (WCE), R. LAIRD (ADE), H. SHAW (GWS)
C. O'SHEA (CARL), S. MURRAY (COLL), T. DOEDEE (ADE)

L. KEEFFE (GWS), A. JOHNSON (SYD)

Midfield

D. MARTIN (RICH), T. MITCHELL (HAW), J. KELLY (GWS)
N. FYFE (FRE), S. PENDLEBURY (COLL), P. CRIPPS (CARL)
L. DAVIS-UNIACKE (NM), H. WIGG (GCS)

N. FREEMAN (STK), J. WORPEL (HAW), T. KELLY (GEEL)

Rucks

M. GAWN (MEL), N. NAITANUI (WCE)

D. CAMERON (SYD)

Forwards

I HEENEY (SYD), T. GREENE (GWS), C. PETRACCA (MEL)
B. DELEDIO (GWS), J. HIGGINS (RICH), J. GARLETT (CARL)

P. AHERN (NM), J. BRANDER (WCE)

I'm shocked that they changed up the look of the site a bit and it isn't total dogshit.
Aethesticly pleasing and easy to use, that's different.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came in here to see crypto talk...hahah you guys on crypto for blokes discord? :D

Crypto is going to impact my SC/DT year i recon...i am far too involved in it to have the time i did previously for SC/DT :(.

Anyways, woooo season is upon us :D
Recently bought some Litecoin...yeah don't want to talk about it.:oops:

upload_2018-1-24_13-18-26.png

28k left.

Defence:
I am relying on Burton and Witherden to fulfill their potential a bit, but they showed plenty last year to suggest they are safe-ish bets. I am under the impression that Goddard is finally right to go and hopefully Hurley doesn't have a s**t season.

Midfield:
Using the fan favourites, Luke McDonald is a left-field pick, but if you watched this kid on the wing during 2017, you know how good he is and he has plenty of potential left in him. Had a bit of extra money, so I forked it out on higher priced rookies in Dow and LDU. Ahern is already penciled in for the Round 1 side and the others should get games in 2018.

Rucks:
Gawn, old reliable, and Pruess, going a bit on potential here and I'm not 100% set on him, but I really like what he has to offer as a goal kicking/contested marking ruckman/woman/person, whatever the f they are called by the PC brigade.

Forwards:
Heeney, Greene, Grey and Billings, all four I feel safe with. Higgins has been talked up as the next messiah by plenty of Tiger posters, they better not burn me on this one. Veneables similarly talked up by a few West Coast posters and I liked him draft time, so he's in alongside Murphy and Battle.

Not 100% happy or set, with a lot dependent on expensive potential, but the rewards are there I believe with this type of squad.

Which part of the field is likely to have the best crop of rookies to choose from?
Depends what you are after, but I found the midfield had the best set, albeit, a tad more expensive than the other areas in terms of rookies.

Forwards is the next best area, followed by defence and rucks.

View attachment 453278

28k left.

Defence:
I am relying on Burton and Witherden to fulfill their potential a bit, but they showed plenty last year to suggest they are safe-ish bets. I am under the impression that Goddard is finally right to go and hopefully Hurley doesn't have a s**t season.

Midfield:
Using the fan favourites, Luke McDonald is a left-field pick, but if you watched this kid on the wing during 2017, you know how good he is and he has plenty of potential left in him. Had a bit of extra money, so I forked it out on higher priced rookies in Dow and LDU. Ahern is already penciled in for the Round 1 side and the others should get games in 2018.

Rucks:
Gawn, old reliable, and Pruess, going a bit on potential here and I'm not 100% set on him, but I really like what he has to offer as a goal kicking/contested marking ruckman/woman/person, whatever the f they are called by the PC brigade.

Forwards:
Heeney, Greene, Grey and Billings, all four I feel safe with. Higgins has been talked up as the next messiah by plenty of Tiger posters, they better not burn me on this one. Veneables similarly talked up by a few West Coast posters and I liked him draft time, so he's in alongside Murphy and Battle.

Not 100% happy or set, with a lot dependent on expensive potential, but the rewards are there I believe with this type of squad.

If I were you, I would use McDonald down back in place of Witherden or Burton, and use the 450k to get another Premo mid in.

First of many versions.

$16.6k left

I’m thinking of taking a risk not selecting any of Danger/Dusty/Mitchell.

View attachment 453282
View attachment 453283
Recon your missing at least 1 ultra promo in your midfield. Upgrade a Parker or Bont to a danger/dusty/tmitch/Kelly type

Edit just saw you don’t want them. Risky play. Who’s your captain choice round 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back