Prediction 2018 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Wikipedia is your friend snake. The rule is under 21 on January 1 to be eligible.

I just seem to remember him being drafted ages ago (it was 2015).

Another farcical aspect of the "award".

If anyone is getting a nom from that game it’s Fogarty considering the media hype of him last night, for overall impact Doedee is the from runner so far for this round

Fogarty clearly has talent, but I think some aspect of his popularity is based on nostalgia.

He correlates strongly with a time when the game was played by footballers competing with their natural skill set (i.e. pre-2005).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone is getting a nom from that game it’s Fogarty considering the media hype of him last night, for overall impact Doedee is the from runner so far for this round

Agreed they were hyping him up too much last night. I’m as impressed as anybody with Fogarty but aside from his 2 goals he was pretty underwhelming last night. He gave away a few frees and a 50m penalty which led to a goal.

Doedee on the other hand played a really composed game. We’ll see how this round pans out but it’ll be hard to top that.

Simpkin is a year younger than Bonner, but doesn't qualify because he has played 3 too many games.
Thems the rules. Clayton Oliver won't turn 21 for another 4 months, but was ineligible last year because he played 14 games in his debut season. Would have been the most dominant ever winner of the award

Thems the rules. Clayton Oliver won't turn 21 for another 4 months, but was ineligible last year because he played 14 games in his debut season. Would have been the most dominant ever winner of the award

He certainly would have won it. Absurd situation.

Agreed they were hyping him up too much last night. I’m as impressed as anybody with Fogarty but aside from his 2 goals he was pretty underwhelming last night. He gave away a few frees and a 50m penalty which led to a goal.

Doedee on the other hand played a really composed game. We’ll see how this round pans out but it’ll be hard to top that.
Agree.. Everyone loves to see just a good natural player who doesn't take no sh1t from any opposition. Apart from a few highlights .. Didnt really do that much .. But it's hard to when your re a forward.

Wasn’t exactly a find. Was rated the number 1 KPF in his draft year as an under age and top age prospect. Just slipped in the draft, along with Tim English.

Well true but I'm glad we traded like we did. We wanted two players before the draft that looked like falling in the 20s. So we traded put one higher pick for the two lower ones. Which got us spp and Marshall.
What most on our board felt was crazy worked out beautifully. Risky but worked

Wasn’t exactly a find. Was rated the number 1 KPF in his draft year as an under age and top age prospect. Just slipped in the draft, along with Tim English.
Exactly slipped in the draft and Port took him, not late but was overlooked by most clubs once. Looks impressive for a KPP that's what 19?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back