Prediction 2018 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I like Waterman. I think it’s out of him and Stephenson atm.
It's nice that you are trying to not be biased but IMO

Stephenson >> Waterman

It's not that Waters hasn't been good, more that he has not been nearly as good as Stevo or a couple of others (Witho, Murray etc).

Stephenson in front at this stage. Witherden has some work to do, he's getting decent stats (22 touches a game) but isn't impacting the games enough this year.

Loved Stephenson's goal on Friday, i could see alot of first year players having nerves infront of goal but you would already feel safe as a pies supporter when he is having a set shot.
He really does have nerves of steel. Even that run on the wing and kick into the forward line to Sidey was so good to see for a first year player. He looks like a player that’s played 50 games already. Loving his year, he’s going to be a big crowd favourite.

I was a big fan of Stephenson and wouldn't have been disappointed if we took him at pick 1, a couple of phantom drafters had him at 1 in their power rankings. I think he has the traits and potential to be a Nat Fyfe type player in 3-5 years.

In saying all that I'm very happy with Cameron Rayner, will be a bull.

Our boy has to get it this week....

Richards again played a blinder 542 Meters gained 23 possessions 80% efficiency...

Come on...

Well both Dow and Guelfi 18 Disposals...and sure they didn't have 5 bounces like he did..BUT our history of getting ripped off is long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could come down to who plays the most games of the top 3-5 and which ones are rested over the back half of the year
Cerra, Brayshaw, Witherden, Rayner, Stephenson and Higgins are names I recall as playing a high number of games and they may need a nomination but surely it will come in the back half for those that haven't received one yet
Apologies if I missed a young gun from a club but interested in those I missed
Bonner and Dow are others but Bonner maybe discounted for being a third year player i think and Dow not enough impact because of how the Blues are going
And just saw Doedee is the favourite but I am sure he is playing well but it would feel wrong if a third year player won it for me

Interesting crop this year, Stephenson the only one of the fop handful to get close imo.

Stephenson, Witherden, Doedee and Watermen the main guys in contention imo.

Players like Rayner, Dow and Fogarty could give it a push if they keep getting game time. Although Fog's will be entirely injury dependant on Walker.

Richards could have a big back half of the year if this week is any indication of 'getting up to pace' so to speak.

Just on Stephenson

Look at the stats Lipinski 7 games 8 goals 9 goal assists

Stephenson 10 games 13 goals 5 goal assists

:)

It could come down to who plays the most games of the top 3-5 and which ones are rested over the back half of the year
Cerra, Brayshaw, Witherden, Rayner, Stephenson and Higgins are names I recall as playing a high number of games and they may need a nomination but surely it will come in the back half for those that haven't received one yet
Apologies if I missed a young gun from a club but interested in those I missed
Bonner and Dow are others but Bonner maybe discounted for being a third year player i think and Dow not enough impact because of how the Blues are going
And just saw Doedee is the favourite but I am sure he is playing well but it would feel wrong if a third year player won it for me

Witherden has his 2018 nomination. Waiting for Rayner to nab one - and if has a great second half would be in contention

Would think everyone would have Witherden in their team but not sure he screams 'star'. Lots of easy uncontested possessions and some sloppy defending at times.

Stephenson not a huge ball winner but certainly very damaging - also in his first year unlike Witherden.

Stephenson so far for mine. Is impacting in a side that is winning their fair share. Looks a star.

Witherden has great numbers and to his credit has slotted seemlessly into what could be considered a rather senior role off half back. But at this point with the Lions struggling to win games and Witherden himself not making 'highlight reel' plays I dont think he is much of a chance. However if Witherden has a couple of massive games in Lions wins (please let there be a few more) that might all change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back