Analysis 2018 Team Selection

Remove this Banner Ad

Turner, Garner & Wood would want to pull their fingers out.
Know they've had injuries and setbacks but if your picked best 22 you need to give more than 11 possies, 1 junktime goal and 1 tackle.
Keep the ball in the fwd. line you blokes. Got enough talent. Have they got the committment ?
Gees, if we lost them three it would cost us nearly 3 goals a game!

As a HBF in a heart beat, he can deliver the pill to advantage, just let Marley et al get it into his hands at every opportunity, should also be the designated kicker innerer.
So Murphy gets 4 posessions in 1/2 a game of football and Clarke gets 21 in the same game and you'd drop Clarke for Murphy? Very, very interesting thinking.

So Murphy gets 4 posessions in 1/2 a game of football and Clarke gets 21 in the same game and you'd drop Clarke for Murphy? Very, very interesting thinking.
It isn't about ranking points, he can kick left and right footed and hit targets, I can clearly remember Clarkes sand wedge lob of a pass missing the target from less than 20 m and resulting in a turnover and opposition goal, surprise, surprise.

It isn't about ranking points, he can kick left and right footed and hit targets, I can clearly remember Clarkes sand wedge lob of a pass missing the target from less than 20 m and resulting in a turnover and opposition goal, surprise, surprise.
He could well be the greatest kick of all time, he had 3 kicks.

The sooner Goldy, Waite, Thompson and Macmillan are out of the side the better

Preuss, McKay, Durdin and Murphy/Mountford/Ahern get games into them instead

We have one more season of Goldy ..... hoping he increases his value to the club come trade time.
The next two will be weened off over the season allowing up and coming players a chance.
I'm hoping the pirates will be delivered a quick death come October.

long season coming up it appears.

Dont forget the customary "reset of the hair back into place" after each one of those possessions.........I like the lad but I hope he extracts a digit out come Rd 1 and he aint no Pat Malone there.
I hoping the onfield leadership group puts it on the next wave of kids to step up.

1st game, and probably only played about 30 minutes all up, I am prepared to cut him a bit of slack, and predict that by the time he plays 20 odd senior games, will be racking up more than 3 kicks.
Agree, hopefully he will be a good player, straight into an AFL team after playing 1/2 of a practice match and getting 4 disposals, would have thought unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going with a whole team thing.
But here are my non negotiable 10 players.

1. Zeibell
  2. Tarrant
  3. Cunnington
  4. Higgins
  5. Luke McDonald
  6. Brown
  7. Garner
  8. Williams
  9. Vickers Willis
  10. LDU
The rest can chop and change for the whole season.......thats gives us 22 weeks to nut out who is fair dinkum and who isnt.

1. Zeibell
  2. Tarrant
  3. Cunnington
  4. Higgins
  5. Luke McDonald
  6. Brown
  7. Garner
  8. Williams
  9. Vickers Willis
  10. LDU
The rest can chop and change for the whole season.......thats gives us 22 weeks to nut out who is fair dinkum and who isnt.
I like it Oz. I'd add Simpkin to that list.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I like it Oz. I'd add Simpkin to that list.

I was disapointed with Simpkin the other day, but he wasnt alone. Many posters here offering his lateral movement was hindered some , I hope this is the case. I thought his intent was somewhat lacking.......I hope I read him wrong.

Yep,

yep, just gift games to Simpkin whether he deserves to be in or not. Have different sets of rules for different people, that normally works well.
I've read you're spat with the other poster ( cannot remember, who it was ) both had fair points........but Simpkin had that taste about him in that Richmond practice game. As I said I hope I'm wrong.

A radical idea, let's pick our best 22 each week. Play the players who deserve to be there not our little favourites.
I think because we have such an inexperienced team nowadays we're going to see fluxuation in consistant footy...... there are some other players there that are unlucky, Jacobs is one who I couldnt manage to squeeze in the 10 non neg players but I have to make the tough call.
I'm prioritizing our back 6 1st..........we need to settle it quickly and as soon as we get it soughted the quicker we build the rest of the team.

Last edited:

1. Zeibell
  2. Tarrant
  3. Cunnington
  4. Higgins
  5. Luke McDonald
  6. Brown
  7. Garner
  8. Williams
  9. Vickers Willis
  10. LDU

If fit Jacobs gets added to that list.

We all want him to be a certainty, but is he?
No, but I think we're at a stage right now that we could persist with an elite talent like Jy and live with form fluctuations. Same with LDU. I'm of the same view with EVW. He likely hasn't quite the upside of these 2, but I like what he brings. Havoc really shouldn't be far off this either.

If we were in a flag winning position then I'd think differently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back