Remove this Banner Ad

FB: ??? ~ Logue ~ ???
HB: ??? ~ ??? ~ ???
C: Scott ~ LDU ~ ???
HF: Zurhaar ~ ??? ~ Sheezel
FF: ??? ~ Larkey ~ ???
R: ??? ~ Wardlaw ~ ???

INT: ???

Have question marks over the rest for a variety of reasons (injury, whether they'll leave, or whether they're up to it).

* that's grim.

Having said that, the right system and gameplay and those question marks can turn pretty quickly. Lots of guys who certainly have the potential to be on that list.

We are never going to win another premiership. Not the way the AFL is now. Is that too pessimistic?

The draft alone is not enough these days with FA's, NGA's, cheap F/S, salary dumps and gift draft picks for the fortunate ones. I don't see any minow victorian club winning another premiership. Forget the dogs 2016 flag (it was a fluke).

The divide is getting greater, and greater, and greater.

Only the second coming of W.Carey can change this.

We are never going to win another premiership. Not the way the AFL is now. Is that too pessimistic?

The draft alone is not enough these days with FA's, NGA's, cheap F/S, salary dumps and gift draft picks for the fortunate ones. I don't see any minow victorian club winning another premiership. Forget the dogs 2016 flag (it was a fluke).

As a small club the odds are certainly against us. Poor fixturing of games and umpires hurts us, look at all the Sunday arvo games we get allocated.

Free agency (already in play) and mid year trading of players will make it even harder.

I guess while there is still a draft and salary cap we are in with a show and a high profile, successful coach like Clarko does give us some gravitas among the suits at HQ.

It's certainly won't be easy. Never has been for us.

Our 2 eras of great success have been on the back of savvy and ballsy administrators willing to mortgage their homes to fund a recruitment drive and Greg Miller taking advantage of a financial desperate Sydney to hand over a pittance for Longmire and Carey.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back