List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

Armitage? No contract from st kilda
Might be worth a rookie spot with no intention of playing him in the seniors and every intention of keeping him in the NEAFL to mentor our younger players, unless injuries are really bad or his form is exceptionally good and you can't deny him (similar to what we did with Andrew Raines in his final year of footy). Born and raised in Mackay so I'd get him involved in that side of the academy so we can benefit long-term from having him.

That's just me, though. It probably won't happen.

Might be worth a rookie spot with no intention of playing him in the seniors and every intention of keeping him in the NEAFL to mentor our younger players, unless injuries are really bad or his form is exceptionally good and you can't deny him (similar to what we did with Andrew Raines in his final year of footy). Born and raised in Mackay so I'd get him involved in that side of the academy so we can benefit long-term from having him.

That's just me, though. It probably won't happen.

Super cooked - makes GHS look good

Daisy Thomas would be like getting campbell brown back.
The only thing he would teach our players would be how to get s*** face drunk a few day out from a game and how to get addicted to gambling

So Tom Nichols plays his Last game in Suns colours this weekend,Ah Chee is gone...Who do people think are our DELISTINGS/TRADES?

So Tom Nichols plays his Last game in Suns colours this weekend,Ah Chee is gone...Who do people think are our DELISTINGS/TRADES?
Is Ah Chee gone? I hope he stays and we can get his body right. One of the few potential A graders on our list IMO.
If he does go I hope we get something decent for him and not give him away for a packet of chips.

Is Ah Chee gone? I hope he stays and we can get his body right. One of the few potential A graders on our list IMO.
If he does go I hope we get something decent for him and not give him away for a packet of chips.
With our trading history we will give him away half a packet

Ah Chee hasn’t resigned yet same goes for Nicholls. I could see both potentially staying and going. The only one gone thus far is Rischitelli and he is a rookie listed player.

Crossley and Nutting are likely gone from the senior list. Still a few more spots to be made if we are active this trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are your thoughts on targeting Port's veterans who are still best 22 (Boak, Gray, Ebert)? Apparently the club is having money issues and asking their veterans to roll over salary to next year, could be a good opportunity to shake at least one of them loose.

What are your thoughts on targeting Port's veterans who are still best 22 (Boak, Gray, Ebert)? Apparently the club is having money issues and asking their veterans to roll over salary to next year, could be a good opportunity to shake at least one of them loose.
Boak would be a good get, we have plenty of young forward types so Gray might not be as good a pick (unless he played out of the middle all game) and Ebert is just getting past his use by date. All great players though.

Having lived through with passion the Giants, Seagulls, Chargers And Titans in Rugby League I’m firmly in the Iva camp.
Superannuation top up players (and Coaches while we are at it GAGF Rocket) doesn’t work up here and frankly doesn’t put bums on seats.

Gold Coasters want winning teams, we don’t care about star power. We are probably at a point now where we look at old blokes blowing in with cynicism.

Hey Bods... interesting post.

To get Suns winning now ..what would you propose.. more kids with the mind to winning in a year or two ..like Brisbane? More seasoned players mid 20's ?

I agree on the super comment ..if you have a look back in the 80's when the Bears were established this was the comment back then about the players they manged to attract. Hodge has worked well at Brisbane ..but Hodge is a very rare player..not many like him... and if Bris were less successful atm they would be coping heat for playing him.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Barrett claiming a huge outcry if we get a PP, can someone not blocked from his Twitter set him straight that any of the 10 clubs that have had a PP should shut the fu** up
These Victorian clubs are absolute vultures who don't care about the national game one bit. They want every team outside of Victoria to die a quick death and go back to their beloved VFL days. Fortunately, the AFL Commission doesn't share those views and do care about the state of the national game. Therefore, I'm expecting us to receive a start of first round PP.

I'd guess our results this year would be pretty similar to the Demons in 2009, which was the last time a team received a start of first round PP.

These Victorian clubs are absolute vultures who don't care about the national game one bit. They want every team outside of Victoria to die a quick death and go back to their beloved VFL days. Fortunately, the AFL Commission doesn't share those views and do care about the state of the national game. Therefore, I'm expecting us to receive a start of first round PP.

I'd guess our results this year would be pretty similar to the Demons in 2009, which was the last time a team received a start of first round PP.
Agree.There has been plenty of examples of double standards from Vic clubs to interstate clubs. What annoys me most Demon fans are against priority pick for the Suns but are happy when they receive pick 3 for James Frawley absoulet joke at the time and the lions were in a worst situation down the track and the afl could of showed the same generosity with Tom Rockliff but no. Another example Bombers have a list that are good enough for finals but due to there drug policy at the time there best players sit on the bench for a year. But yet again awarded the oppertunity to select best talent available to strengthen their squad. Laughable at the time. Guess who missed out on pick one,interstate team. Vic mafia have selective memories. The completion needs a strong National identity. Barrett talks about teams being disadvantaged. Agreed there has been for years and still is.

Ah Chee hasn’t resigned yet same goes for Nicholls. I could see both potentially staying and going. The only one gone thus far is Rischitelli and he is a rookie listed player.

Crossley and Nutting are likely gone from the senior list. Still a few more spots to be made if we are active this trade period.

I reckon Ah Chee will head back to WA to be closer to the bro & family.

Probs the only thing to stop that would be bringing Brendon here as cheap midfield depth.

Can’t see the Weagles offering him another contract, especially needing cash for the Kelly offer.

Maybe we will re-sign Nicholls as a rookie on low coin if he doesn’t find a new home.
Or Zac Smith if he is prepared to do the same.

Both just depth either way, but we do need a mature ready to go ruck incase Witts gets injured, especially with Crossley indefinitely out.

Martin seems gone. Should bring in decent currency if the Blues or Doggies entice him. Not so much the Bombers.

I reckon Ah Chee will head back to WA to be closer to the bro & family.

Probs the only thing to stop that would be bringing Brendon here as cheap midfield depth.

Can’t see the Weagles offering him another contract, especially needing cash for the Kelly offer.

Maybe we will re-sign Nicholls as a rookie on low coin if he doesn’t find a new home.
Or Zac Smith if he is prepared to do the same.

Both just depth either way, but we do need a mature ready to go ruck incase Witts gets injured, especially with Crossley indefinitely out.

Martin seems gone. Should bring in decent currency if the Blues or Doggies entice him. Not so much the Bombers.

I don’t care who is the better player I want to keep Nicholls over Smith just on general principle.

If Smith wants to come back to my city he can run around with Southport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back