List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

You think Melbourne will not be interested? Or he will last until pick 9 ND? Martin is probably pretty piss off with Carlton. Our offer was very fair. What Carlton offered is a joke. No guarantee at all he will end up with Carlton.
If I was Jack I would be dirty on Carlton. Didn't rate him enough to get the deal done. Not like The Suns offer was unreasonable. Very poor by the Blues. They deserve all the sh@t coming there way.

You think Melbourne will not be interested? Or he will last until pick 9 ND? Martin is probably pretty piss off with Carlton. Our offer was very fair. What Carlton offered is a joke. No guarantee at all he will end up with Carlton.
First of all, no disrespect intended jirik, always enjoyed your posts. Just playing devil's advocate here, for what is a rare move. One thing I remember (from some player a long time ago, it's a bit hazy) is that the player can go to the PSD and put down wierd and wonderful conditions on his contract that are designed only to be met by his club of choice.
I would imagine in Jackie's case it would be something like 600k a year with a case of Cabernet Sauvignon delivered weekly and a block on all gym sessions involving arm curls over 5 kgs.

Our future second and third values him at pick 15/16. Even fairer.
There were 17 kids in the Under 17 future stars game before the granny who are already tied to clubs.
If Carlton finish middle of the road next year that means a 2nd round pick (25-28) could well end up close to 35-40.
Rather he goes for free.

Presumably Martin was the bridesmaid to Papley
9 was a non negotiable in that deal that was probably playing out to the last minute and after it fell through Carlton couldn't be arsed making the Martin deal work
Well done Cameron
Props to you
Bridesmaid 2 years in a row...not sure he'll ever get married.

First of all, no disrespect intended jirik, always enjoyed your posts. Just playing devil's advocate here, for what is a rare move. One thing I remember (from some player a long time ago, it's a bit hazy) is that the player can go to the PSD and put down wierd and wonderful conditions on his contract that are designed only to be met by his club of choice.
I would imagine in Jackie's case it would be something like 600k a year with a case of Cabernet Sauvignon delivered weekly and a block on all gym sessions involving arm curls over 5 kgs.
No offence at all. Different opinions are more than welcomed.

I seriously don't mind getting nothing for Martin. People are so much attached to picks. Just look at our previous trades how many picks we "wasted". Or what players we drafted with some of them. I prefer to stand up for what I believe was a fair value and show that we are no pushovers. It felt great :)

We got very strong hand this year and next year drafts with or without Martin's pick. Thanks AFL.

Wouldn't be surprised if offered Jack 1 year to see him through till free agency and then he will be motivated to play well to put himself on the radar of some top quality clubs.

Whether he takes that or not is another question.

Agree, and make it incentive based so he doesn't sit on his a*se for the year..

No offence at all. Different opinions are fine. I seriously don't mind getting nothing for Martin. People are so much attached to picks. Just look at our previous trades how many picks we "wasted". Or what players we drafted with some of them. I prefer to stand up for what I believe was a fair value and show that we are no pushovers.
Yeah, but if he gets to Carlton anyway, for free, what have we really proven?
We would have just been out manoevred.
Anyway, let's hope that doesn't happen. Cameron seems to be the considered type. I'm sure he has a contingency plan.

Agree, and make it incentive based so he doesn't sit on his a*se for the year..
I think players would have a say too if they want him back. I am not sure I would like him back if I am player. He watched his teammates busting their ass while he was jogging around quite a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's nice to see the Suns give the Victorian teams a big F you for once instead of bending over. We invest a lot in these guys, and this is a business. It's your job to generate a return on that investment. The Suns will never get to the finals by letting every player leave for nothing the second they start talking about wanting to play for their hometown club. Go get you a desk job in Melbourne if you want to live there so bad, otherwise, shut the hell up and do your job for the fans, the people paying your salary.

I think players would have a say too if they want him back. I am not sure I would like him back if I am player. He watched his teammates busting their ass while he was jogging around quite a lot.
Yep quite possible but I have no inside info that says they would or would not......an interesting few days ahead methinks.

They think they're getting him for free..
I just cannot see that happening
At the very least we redraft him in the PSD
And if he allows himself to go to the PSD he'll end up with a much worse contract than the one he could sign with us this week
If he goes to the draft Carlton would have to spend pick 9 to have any chance at all of getting him and we know they didn't take him PLUS pick 15 for 9
So-unlikely IMO
So I don't see how they think they'll get him for "free"?
They may be able to do some backroom deals to allow him to slide in the draft, but that's not "for free"

And if he allows himself to go to the PSD he'll end up with a much worse contract than the one he could sign with us this week
If he goes to the draft Carlton would have to spend pick 9 to have any chance at all of getting him and we know they didn't take him PLUS pick 15 for 9
So-unlikely IMO
They may be able to do some backroom deals to allow him to slide in the draft, but that's not "for free"
There is something to say for whether we are permitted to draft him if he has essentially requested a trade 2 years in a row

I don't know the answer to that.. we'll have to see what happens.

There is something to say for whether we are permitted to draft him if he has essentially requested a trade 2 years in a row

I don't know the answer to that.. we'll have to see what happens.
We're trying to win games of footy not a popularity contest
If he doesn't want to sign a contract he'll know he can be redrafted by us on a much worse contract
He is then a restricted free agent next year which brings compo into play if he still wants to leave at the end of next year

So-unlikely IMO
Fremantle might throw there hat into the ring. Jack for free, maybe however if I was a Carlton supporter I wouldn't take anything for granted after tonight's entertainment. Jack comes from WA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back