Resource 2019 Draft Watch (we have picks 6 24 25 39 46)

Who will we take with our first pick (#6) in the 2019 draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a need, too similar to Lachlan Sholl

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Actually Bianco won't play too much half back when he gets to the AFL I wouldn't think, he's the kind of outside mid/winger you want with the ball in hand to deliver to the leading forwards, close to best kick if not the best in this draft class, best described as low darts. Pretty hard to get a gig in the Oakleigh Chargers line-up this year with Matt Rowell, Noah Anderson, Will Phillips [ top 5 2020], Finlay Macrae [top 10 2020] etc running around. Much higher rated than Lachlan Sholl to be fair.

My biggest worry with Trent Bianco would be retention if we drafted him.

Only talking 6
If I had to guess where Day goes if picks stay where they are it will be to the Suns at 15 or Geelong at 17 [Will has a strong Stephen Wells feeling to me] Port could be a sneaky chance at 12 and almost a certainty at 18 I reckon. I just can't see him lasting to our pick 23 as I think the hype will grow the closer we get to the draft unfortunately.

Maaaaaaate

He might have played half back in his limited exposure to high grade football but if you have him pigeon holed as just another half back you haven't watched enough of him. With his athleticism, agility and unbelievably good skill set about the only position he wouldn't be capable of playing is ruck and he'd probably make a fair fist of that once he bulks up with his ability to elevate. There are half backs and then there is Will Day.
Maybe we should grab him with our first pick as a consolation Anderson/Kemp super utility?

Maybe we should grab him with our first pick as a consolation Anderson/Kemp super utility?
Won't use Pick 4 on a player that's not close to the finished product I wouldn't think, Day likely takes 2 years before we see anything like the best of him at the top level IMO. Only players that club's usually take that high that need time and development are outstanding Tall prospects.....Fischer McAsey in this draft could go higher than expected I feel.

I think its slightly unfair suggesting Luko will be a bust, but people were brainwashed into thinking he would be a star.

and comparing taheny to pickett is ridiculous kristof.

A bloody good half back is crucial, at the moment we are searching for one. Reminds me of Enright and Mackie.
He's NOT just a half back prospect. Call him Mr. Versatility....;)

He's grown a bit since this photo was taken obviously.

WILL DAY
Sacred Heart College

Sacred Heart’s Will Day handballs to team mate Max Harry last season. Picture: AAP/Dean Martin
Sacred Heart’s Will Day handballs to team mate Max Harry last season. Picture: AAP/Dean Martin
The versatile and athletic Will Day should be an important cog for Sacred Heart because of his ability to play multiple positions.
He displayed his physical prowess at pre-season testing of the SA academy hub in March, finishing in the top 10 in vertical leap, the 20m sprint and the yoyo test.
“Will is coming off a very good year last year,” Sacred Heart coach Jon Symonds says.
“He plays half-back, key back and will spend time on the ball.”
The West Adelaide product stands at 187cm and 70kg.

I think its slightly unfair suggesting Luko will be a bust, but people were brainwashed into thinking he would be a star.

and comparing taheny to pickett is ridiculous kristof.
Yeah, Taheny has achieved something playing senior football.

I think Day is a definite to GCS.

Already barracks for them, has family there who has stayed long-term. Plus - they need everything, so versatility is a positive.

Wouldn't have thought so.

If someone has invited him then they're serious about taking him. Other clubs see him as a 30+ worthy player.

I think this would be the case where a team like Richmond with the last pick in the first round (likely 22) has Pickett in their top 22 players.

With this pick they'll probably take the 17th player on their draft board but if the draft fell exactly how they rated players they'd take him at 22.

Last edited:
I get speaking before thinking, but on a forum you have time to think before you hit send..... or at least I thought so.

Either that or he's being deliberately obtuse.
Some posters need a do you really need to post reply button & others just need the facility to have their post sent to the recycle bin..

Not sure if it has been posted anywhere but I heard from a good source that Luko will be signing a 2 year extension with Gold Coast.
I doubt Luko's top of our 2020 shopping list at this point in time and won't be until Grundy re-signs with the Pies.......if he re-signs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it has been posted anywhere but I heard from a good source that Luko will be signing a 2 year extension with Gold Coast.
In all honesty why wouldn’t he resign if the alleged $$ are true for these young lads
Unless they are very unhappy that is some serious money on offer

In all honesty why wouldn’t he resign if the alleged $$ are true for these young lads
Unless they are very unhappy that is some serious money on offer
I have a feel he held back a little in his first yr, then got shifted all over the ground Cos reasons like holding back.:)

How was that trade shambolic, we traded pick 24 for pick 30 in 2018 plus recieved Pick 23 this year.
Players we may have missed - Hill, Rowbottom, West, Sparrow, O'Neil, Will Kelly. then we picked Will Hamill, and still have pick 24 this year to use.
Cos it was a reach around for GWS. Picks are speculative. They got what they wanted. We got a number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back