2019 Ladder Predictor

Remove this Banner Ad

"Touch of bias" translating to Carlton getting 12 wins? Mate stop with the troll account, it's just annoying

Genuinely believe we'll win the games I picked. Word to the wise though, dont just go around labelling people as trolls because you dont agree with their opinion. I think my top 9 is pretty bang on, lets hear you argue otherwise. Was surprised by my bottom 6, wouldnt have thought Id have Geelong and Hawthorn as low as I did.

Don’t mind the bias prediction but Who are the other 10 wins?

You’ve got the last 2 as wins against the saints and Geelong at Geelong which is about as tough as it gets

Reckon there'll be disunity at the Cattery on missing finals and Kelly playing his last game. My other predicted "winnable" games:

Round 1 v Richmond
Round 2 v Port
Round 4 v GCS
Round 5 v WB
Round 6 v Hawthorn
Round 10 v Saints
Round 12 v Lions
Round 13 v WB
Round 14 v Bye
Round 18 v GCS
Round 19 v Crows
Round 22 v Saints
Round 23 v Cats

So Im basically predicting a good start to the season. Its difficult to correctly guess 9 games per round as they approach, but I would think we finish somewhere between 10th and 14th.

Reckon there'll be disunity at the Cattery on missing finals and Kelly playing his last game. My other predicted "winnable" games:

Round 1 v Richmond
Round 2 v Port
Round 4 v GCS
Round 5 v WB
Round 6 v Hawthorn
Round 10 v Saints
Round 12 v Lions
Round 13 v WB
Round 14 v Bye
Round 18 v GCS
Round 19 v Crows
Round 22 v Saints
Round 23 v Cats

So Im basically predicting a good start to the season. Its difficult to correctly guess 9 games per round as they approach, but I would think we finish somewhere between 10th and 14th.

That is a huge start to the year, I just can’t see you being 5 wins and 1 loss at round 6. You’ll probably be top of the ladder if that happens.

That is a huge start to the year, I just can’t see you being 5 wins and 1 loss at round 6. You’ll probably be top of the ladder if that happens.

Im confident on the WB, Gold Coast, and Hawthorn games. Less so on the Tiges and Port. We were winning the first half of the 2018 season opener aginst the Tiges before our injuries caught up with us. Port we have a knack for upsetting them at home and with Wines out were a chance at this early stage.

Genuinely believe we'll win the games I picked. Word to the wise though, dont just go around labelling people as trolls because you dont agree with their opinion. I think my top 9 is pretty bang on, lets hear you argue otherwise. Was surprised by my bottom 6, wouldnt have thought Id have Geelong and Hawthorn as low as I did.
Not arguing with the rest, just wondering how you think Carlton wins 12 games when Docherty is out for the season, Pickett for most of it, while Jones, Kreuzer and McGovern are all having interrupted preseasons. Tipping 12 wins for Carlton is absolutely beyond delusional

Not arguing with the rest, just wondering how you think Carlton wins 12 games when Docherty is out for the season, Pickett for most of it, while Jones, Kreuzer and McGovern are all having interrupted preseasons. Tipping 12 wins for Carlton is absolutely beyond delusional
Supporter backs their team in a predictions thread?

Oh the humanity.

Any predictions made in February are very much in the realm of guess-work. Docherty out is not as huge as it was in 2018 as we have Newman who at this stage seems a serviceable replacement. Pickett is just more of the same from him, our season was never hinging on him. Jones and McGovern had minor setbacks. Kreuzer had minor surgery which should benefit his 2019 season as opposed to hinder it.

I reckon the games I listed are winnable. We probably wont win them all and there are probably a couple of games I marked as a loss that we might win.

Now, let me ask you a question. Is it just my rating of Carlton that you take issue with? Hows the rest of my ladder? Thoughts? Comments? Queries? Top 9 looking "about right"? Bottom 6 way off the mark?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is showing bias for your team, then there is absolutely taking the piss. This guy falls in the latter category

Look closely at the Blues season in 2018 and what you see is the inability to field the same team week to week. Absolutely losing guys like Docherty long term hurt, but teams adjust to long term injuries.
Lack of continuity for teams trying to rise is a killer in my view.

The Blues have a lot of young talent who will benefit from an off season. No-one actually knows what the season will bring. We di know there will be surprises, there always are.

There is showing bias for your team, then there is absolutely taking the piss. This guy falls in the latter category

Taking the piss for suggesting we'll improve to the 10-14 bracket on the ladder? Thats a reasonable expectation. It may not happen but its not beyond the realm of possibility.

Think we know who the troll is now.

Taking the piss for suggesting we'll improve to the 10-14 bracket on the ladder? Thats a reasonable expectation. It may not happen but its not beyond the realm of possibility.

Think we know who the troll is now.
Ladder position isn't the argument here, it's assuming you'll add 10 more wins this year after minimal improvement to the list and a continued injury problem.

Beating Richmond, Dogs twice, Hawks, Crows, Geelong and Lions is getting pretty unrealistic. You may sneak a game or two from that pack, but getting all of those looks legitimately impossible considering the current state of Carlton's list.

Feel free to come back to this post in September

Ladder position isn't the argument here, it's assuming you'll add 10 more wins this year after minimal improvement to the list and a continued injury problem.

Beating Richmond, Dogs twice, Hawks, Crows, Geelong and Lions is getting pretty unrealistic. You may sneak a game or two from that pack, but getting all of those looks legitimately impossible considering the current state of Carlton's list.

Feel free to come back to this post in September

Its best case scenario. Furthermore, i doubt you have any insight to the improvements Carlton has made to the list as your assessment of a continued injury problem seems based off BigFooty posts. You note some injured players but ignore how theyll be covered, the severity of their injury, or even their contribution to the side.

You're cluelessly trolling and going with the crowd without actually providing any basis for your argument.

Round 1 v Richmond
Round 2 v Port
Round 4 v GCS
Round 5 v WB
Round 6 v Hawthorn
Round 10 v Saints
Round 12 v Lions
Round 13 v WB
Round 14 v Bye
Round 18 v GCS
Round 19 v Crows
Round 22 v Saints
Round 23 v Cats

Round 14 the only chance of not losing, and even then it's touch and go

Round 1 v Richmond
Round 2 v Port
Round 4 v GCS
Round 5 v WB
Round 6 v Hawthorn
Round 10 v Saints
Round 12 v Lions
Round 13 v WB
Round 14 v Bye
Round 18 v GCS
Round 19 v Crows
Round 22 v Saints
Round 23 v Cats

Don't get too down on yourself when you are zip 9 after 9. Strong chance.

Much more feasible than Carlon winning 12 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back