Teams 2019 My RDT Team: H&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats the assumption that why wouldn't a player start on the edge of the square and at least then take a step or 2 over the line.
Reality is we dont know for sure.

Sydney supporters, is Lloyd likely to take as many kick ins or was there a reason he took more than may be expected (eg another player missing who may assume the role or who may be more suited under the new rules)
Llyod took our kick ins regularly in 2016 as well.

I never said that 28% of 157 = 113. Toxic made that up.
I'm suggesting he could end up with an extra 113 kicks purely due to the new rule. That = 339 points.
Toxic didn't make anything up ffs.

My god, i asked a question on how a number was arrived at and you have taken offence at it.

Seriously

He kicked in 157 times. Of those he played on 28% of the time. Therefore given the same scenario he will be awarded with an additional 72% of those kick ins. 72% of 157 is 113. He already got the stats for the 28% of times he played on.
I thought most people would realise where I was coming from but obviously not.
YES. I do believe he will play on every time.

Love a good assumption

Toxic didn't make anything up ffs.

My god, i asked a question on how a number was arrived at and you have taken offence at it.

Seriously
I haven't taken offence at all toxic.
You made a post saying that I said "28% of 157 = 113". I was simply pointing out that I did not say that at any time.
Let me quote again exactly what I said.
Llyod took the kick in more than any other player - 157 and only played on 28% of the time. If he were to do the same again next year it would equate to an extra 113 kicks, or 339 points. That's over 15 points per game - assuming he will go beyond the 10 meter square before he kicks it which is almost certain.
I don't understand why you're suggesting that I have taken offence.

Current setup...

B: Laird Lloyd Blakely ZWilliams Hanley Clarke (Quaynor Burgess)
M: Macrae JKelly Zerrett Beams Neale Smith Bennell Bewley (Constable Stocker Owies)
R: Grundy Gawn (Fort)
F: Dangerfield Wingard Greene Setterfield McAdam Parker (Cavarra Mosquito)

How does everyone read the Collingwood midfield ?
Surely there isn't enough ball available for Treloar, Adams, Beams, Sidebottom, Pendles, Phillips to all go large. I think the stacked nature of the midfield makes them all risky
You certainly do have a point although during the time when it was Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Beams and Swan, they all scored 100s. Maybe there are too many of them now.

Beams, Sidebottom, Adams and Treloar I think will be fine. Pendles might play a more floaty role between half back and half forward.

Phillips and Sier I think are the most affected.

Beams, Sidebottom, Adams and Treloar I think will be fine. Pendles might play a more floaty role between half back and half forward.

Phillips and Sier I think are the most affected.
I hadn’t really looked st Adams a lot but after listening to traders podcast I’m just about sold.

Been big on him in past years, having him 3 times including starting twice but hadn’t looked deeper at his 95ave yet.

But knowing his ability, his end to last year incl finals and his price he has shot up into calculations. Potential huge reward

I hadn’t really looked st Adams a lot but after listening to traders podcast I’m just about sold.

Been big on him in past years, having him 3 times including starting twice but hadn’t looked deeper at his 95ave yet.

But knowing his ability, his end to last year incl finals and his price he has shot up into calculations. Potential huge reward
How much of that is pre-season hype that is unwarranted. With the way he has played and scored the last 2 years it's hard to get excited. Why are you suddenly so keen ??

How much of that is pre-season hype that is unwarranted. With the way he has played and scored the last 2 years it's hard to get excited. Why are you suddenly so keen ??
The main argument is that he moved exclusively to the midfield in the back end of the season and went at 115 doing so during finals .

The fact he wasn't originally in the starting centre square makes it hard to trust he will start there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the last 2 years?

last year coming off interrupted PS started poorly playing off half back before having a big end to year in mids.
before that he averaged 114 across a full season, so thats excitable.
2016 was disappointing (i started with him) but injury affected and still over 100 ave
2015 showed huge ceiling once moving into a mid role after establishing himself and moving away from fwd line.

His ceiling is huge.
His place in the midfield some worry as Bucks has tried him at half back a couple of times now and it ruins him

the last 2 years?

last year coming off interrupted PS started poorly playing off half back before having a big end to year in mids.
before that he averaged 114 across a full season, so thats excitable.
2016 was disappointing (i started with him) but injury affected and still over 100 ave
2015 showed huge ceiling once moving into a mid role after establishing himself and moving away from fwd line.

His ceiling is huge.
His place in the midfield some worry as Bucks has tried him at half back a couple of times now and it ruins him
The arrival of Beams raises the same question marks we had last year when SoG arrived at Geelong. I'm looking elsewhere atm although it's quite possible one of them may become an upgrade later.

The arrival of Beams raises the same question marks we had last year when SoG arrived at Geelong. I'm looking elsewhere atm although it's quite possible one of them may become an upgrade later.
I definitely see that and was really why I have just overlooked him altogether until now.

He certainly would be a make or break type pick. If he took that 95 to 108 your getting a big jump on the comp. If he is pushed out and goes 85-100 its a liability.

I definitely see that and was really why I have just overlooked him altogether until now.

He certainly would be a make or break type pick. If he took that 95 to 108 your getting a big jump on the comp. If he is pushed out and goes 85-100 its a liability.
Soo much of last year came down to nailing those value premiums
Cripps, Coniglio and Macrae ended up being great underpriced picks (even Neale probably ended up being good value)
Parker, Steven and Bont didn't quite have that improvement on value.

I still think the value premiums are a viable strategy again this year, just gotta avoid the Parker types that don't improve
Martin, Sloane, Brouch, Merrett, Adams, JPK and Zorko all fit within that category (and others i'm sure).

I could see myself starting with one clear premium (Cripps/Mrouch) and then going at multiple of the above value types. Last year I started with Mitchell and Merrett, the latter of which ended up being a bad decision from a value perspective.

Soo much of last year came down to nailing those value premiums
Cripps, Coniglio and Macrae ended up being great underpriced picks (even Neale probably ended up being good value)
Parker, Steven and Bont didn't quite have that improvement on value.

I still think the value premiums are a viable strategy again this year, just gotta avoid the Parker types that don't improve
Martin, Sloane, Brouch, Merrett, Adams, JPK and Zorko all fit within that category (and others i'm sure).

I could see myself starting with one clear premium (Cripps/Mrouch) and then going at multiple of the above value types. Last year I started with Mitchell and Merrett, the latter of which ended up being a bad decision from a value perspective.
im thinking the same and think its the AFL fantasy way.
Midpricers ultimately ned to be traded so unless they can outscore their price equivalent to/better than a rookie then they are a fail.
The underpriced premium keeper is where you can save $$ and trades and get that "complete team" much sooner.

im thinking the same and think its the AFL fantasy way.
Midpricers ultimately ned to be traded so unless they can outscore their price equivalent to/better than a rookie then they are a fail.
The underpriced premium keeper is where you can save $$ and trades and get that "complete team" much sooner.
The only risk is selecting an underpriced premium keeper (like Parker or Steven last year) that doesn't perform well enough to be a keeper and requires an upgrade.
My initial thought is that Martin (if Lynch is fit) and Merrett are immediate safe locks, with two other potential slots for others. I think I will try and run 5 deep + a Hannebery type in the midfield this year.

The only risk is selecting an underpriced premium keeper (like Parker or Steven last year) that doesn't perform well enough to be a keeper and requires an upgrade.
My initial thought is that Martin (if Lynch is fit) and Merrett are immediate safe locks, with two other potential slots for others. I think I will try and run 5 deep + a Hannebery type in the midfield this year.
For sure but that the case with every pick (even a non underpriced keeper who drops, mid pricer who doesnt score well enough or specifically well enough early as I've often been burnt by when they end up ok but start too slow to be a success)

Im leaving Martin alone, would rather adams around that price. Theres plenty of potential options and not only in mids.
The kick in rule obviously well covered here but that opens up a whole extra bunch of underpriced premium candidates as well as some up forward.
I doubt ill go that deep in mids unless there aren't enough decent mid rookies but will be looking for the Devon Smith, Yeo, etc types who are the underpriced must haves in those other positions too

As much as I enjoy playing around with the team picker atm, I realise things will change dramatically after the JLT. I was listening to a podcast from the coaches panel recently and it was interesting to hear that one of their gurus completely erases his team after JLT and starts from scratch.
I reckon that would be hard to do as you have probably already made your mind up on most of the team.

As much as I enjoy playing around with the team picker atm, I realise things will change dramatically after the JLT. I was listening to a podcast from the coaches panel recently and it was interesting to hear that one of their gurus completely erases his team after JLT and starts from scratch.
I reckon that would be hard to do as you have probably already made your mind up on most of the team.
erase the team or not your straight away picking with the same knowledge, gut feel and based on the same research as the one you've already done so cant see the point.

I like to remove a player or 2 im doubtful on (esp one who may be there because they are the group think popular pick) and do a restructure and see how it looks and sometimes the different players that throws up gets you keen on someone you weren't before and makes you look a little deeper into the pros/cons of them vs another, even if reverting back to the same structure

Also its often the pre JLT selections that are based on history and research rather than reactionary to micky mouse form that can undo months or well thought out playing around.

Look elsewhere,

Love Taylor but our midfield is insanely stacked

The Coaches Panel is running a poll on facebook about whether or not RDT should have a full rolling lockout every week such as SC.
This was my response.

"RDT will never be able to compete with Fantasy or SC due to the incredible marketing exposure those two competitions enjoy via the AFL itself and the Herald Sun. As a result for it to survive at all, it must remain different from the others. RDT stands for Real Dream Team and the emphasis should be on the word REAL. It is the original and the BEST. Those who love RDT love it because it is what it is – it is different. If it wants to start copying the other formats, it will simply die.
If RDT wishes to grow, it must find a media outlet to promote and market it. A perfect option for it would be someone like radio station SEN in Melbourne. It is a total sports station which is AFL eccentric for 8 months of the year. It did this prior to DT becoming fantasy.
Fantasy has changed it’s rules so much over the past few years it has become so easy that a 6 year old can play it. Super Coach is great for those who don’t play sport and don’t actually have a life. Sitting by their phone all weekend looking to see if there are any late omissions or what score their emergency got in order to determine whether he comes in or not.
As a result I haven’t played fantasy for a number of years and I no longer play SC. For those who do – fine, but for God’s sake leave RDT alone. I currently run a number of cash leagues in RDT together being in a few social leagues however if a full rolling lockout comes into place I will give it away next year and I simply hate that thought".

The Coaches Panel is running a poll on facebook about whether or not RDT should have a full rolling lockout every week such as SC.
This was my response.

"RDT will never be able to compete with Fantasy or SC due to the incredible marketing exposure those two competitions enjoy via the AFL itself and the Herald Sun. As a result for it to survive at all, it must remain different from the others. RDT stands for Real Dream Team and the emphasis should be on the word REAL. It is the original and the BEST. Those who love RDT love it because it is what it is – it is different. If it wants to start copying the other formats, it will simply die.
If RDT wishes to grow, it must find a media outlet to promote and market it. A perfect option for it would be someone like radio station SEN in Melbourne. It is a total sports station which is AFL eccentric for 8 months of the year. It did this prior to DT becoming fantasy.
Fantasy has changed it’s rules so much over the past few years it has become so easy that a 6 year old can play it. Super Coach is great for those who don’t play sport and don’t actually have a life. Sitting by their phone all weekend looking to see if there are any late omissions or what score their emergency got in order to determine whether he comes in or not.
As a result I haven’t played fantasy for a number of years and I no longer play SC. For those who do – fine, but for God’s sake leave RDT alone. I currently run a number of cash leagues in RDT together being in a few social leagues however if a full rolling lockout comes into place I will give it away next year and I simply hate that thought".
Quality response. I said I would play SuperCoach this year. You just reminded me why I don't play it. s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back