2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

I will never select Dustin Martin unless he is a DPP, why would you put yourself through that?

Not underpriced, just underdone, isn't playing for a contract and therefore won't score. Be warned.
He burnt me last year thats for sure. Less forward time with Lynch there though

I don't want to be an a**hole because I don't know anymore than the next guy but, that's one of the weakest midfields I've seen so far. If B Crouch fails to fire then youre left with two premiums and a big risk in Neale.

That being said I don't know you're other lines so I could be blowing smoke right now mate.
Nah mate no offence taken.

I've got Whitfield, Laird, Lloyd and Williams right now- all rock solid picks in defence imo. Likewise with Danger, Devon Smith, Heeney and Wingard. And Grundy and Witts.

Don't see any risk in Neale- super durable, consistent, will have a great role in a high scoring fantasy team. Yeo and Merrett are my tips for the top 2 scorers this year.

If Brad Crouch plays he averages 100 odd or more- he's a great scorer. I think he's worth it even if I need to trade him at some point. Will depend on his pre season and how many rookies are there, whether I pick him or not.

And the rookies should be good in midfield.

But it's good to have debate/discussion. I think a team with less money in midfield and more in other lines can work and would be interested in others' opinions.

I've got Whitfield, Laird, Lloyd and Williams right now- all rock solid picks in defence imo. Likewise with Danger, Devon Smith, Heeney and Wingard. And Grundy and Witts.

Don't see any risk in Neale- super durable, consistent, will have a great role in a high scoring fantasy team. Yeo and Merrett are my tips for the top 2 scorers this year.

If Brad Crouch plays he averages 100 odd or more- he's a great scorer. I think he's worth it even if I need to trade him at some point. Will depend on his pre season and how many rookies are there, whether I pick him or not.

But it's good to have debate/discussion. I think a team with less money in midfield and more in other lines can work and would be interested in others' opinions.
That's it mate I welcome criticism, keeps me out of my own bubble!

Strong other lines right there and all can score like midfielders. I like it. Also agree on Yeo

A couple of things

With the now loss of T.Mitchell for the year the midfield premium or keeper line just dropped so midpricers slightly under guys become even more valuable.

Are Brisbane really that much of a better fantasy side than Fremantle? They avg 66 points more per game ..... so you could say theres a 3 point upside in Neale. But i thought the same with others like Rocky, Gibbs and it hasnt eventuated

The reduced premium strength in the mids (Titch injury) and the likelihood of increased midfield rookie power (Walsh, Stocker, Hately, Atley, Hind, Bewley, Valente, T.Atkins, C.Constable) could see a different strategy. Ive gone from having B.Crouch at M6 to M5

A couple of things

With the now loss of T.Mitchell for the year the midfield premium or keeper line just dropped so midpricers slightly under guys become even more valuable.

Are Brisbane really that much of a better fantasy side than Fremantle? They avg 66 points more per game ..... so you could say theres a 3 point upside in Neale. But i thought the same with others like Rocky, Gibbs and it hasnt eventuated

The reduced premium strength in the mids (Titch injury) and the likelihood of increased midfield rookie power (Walsh, Stocker, Hately, Atley, Hind, Bewley, Valente, T.Atkins, C.Constable) could see a different strategy. Ive gone from having B.Crouch at M6 to M5

Yeah my current thinking is:

15 midpricer/guns

Split into:

DEF: 3 gun, 1 midpricer (ZWilliams)
MID: 4 gun, 1 midpricer (BCrouch)
RUC: 1 gun, 1 upper midpricer
FWD: 3 gun, 1 midpricer

Collingwood has the nice early run of 7/9 games at the MCG (plus BL away, Port under Dome), including games against WB, BL, Carlton and St Kilda.
Picking the right midfielder (or two) will be important: Adams? Beams? Treloar? Sidebottom? Pendlebury?
Beams shaping up as a real POD. Like 5% ownership on DT Live. Could easily be a top 8 mid

Yeah my current thinking is:

15 midpricer/guns

Split into:

DEF: 3 gun, 1 midpricer (ZWilliams)
MID: 4 gun, 1 midpricer (BCrouch)
RUC: 1 gun, 1 upper midpricer
FWD: 3 gun, 1 midpricer
Think I'll definitely go 3 rooks on field in the forward line. Setterfield, Corbett, McAdams should be no brainers. If not Parker or Cavarra. Easiest position for it this season with no fwd midpricers screaming "pick me". Agree with your other set ups but I'll probably use the money saved on a forward midpricer to go 2x premium ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood has the nice early run of 7/9 games at the MCG (plus BL away, Port under Dome), including games against WB, BL, Carlton and St Kilda.
Picking the right midfielder (or two) will be important: Adams? Beams? Treloar? Sidebottom? Pendlebury?
Think you can take Pendlebury off that list. Age and possible HBF next season. Sidey will get tagged. Adams went at 112 average in his last 6 games

What do each of those guys avg at the MCG would be important to gather. Inlove easy early runs i though pies had it hard for some reason.

With so many rookies in other lines. Gawn could be the best unique in the game this year
Think the Preuss thing has been over rated a little. He’ll get a few games no doubt. But Max is arguably the best ruckman in the league, the Dees aren’t going to not have him in there for 80%+ of every game. May no go 110-115, but think he’ll do 105 comfortably....

So decided I’m likely paying up for a premo R2. Not sure whether to pay up for Gawn, or get go with Goldy as I’m thinking he may get back to 100+ this season

Im not sure what I'm going to do with that position yet. But I've been thinking of the have Kruezer for the first two rounds and then downgrade him to Mumford once his suspension finishes in Round 2. He had a year off refresh, did boxing which will no doubt improve his capacity to run around the ground, and he was always an 85+ scorer and can easily do it again this year. and then it will allow you to use the money (~150K) to put onto a premium that hasn't started well or can be used to fix an issue.

Im not sure what I'm going to do with that position yet. But I've been thinking of the have Kruezer for the first two rounds and then downgrade him to Mumford once his suspension finishes in Round 2. He had a year off refresh, did boxing which will no doubt improve his capacity to run around the ground, and he was always an 85+ scorer and can easily do it again this year. and then it will allow you to use the money (~150K) to put onto a premium that hasn't started well or can be used to fix an issue.
Actually don’t mind that tactic at all. It’s so annoying tha Mumford is suspended for the first 2 rounds. Would be a lock at R2

Does anyone know when Fantasy opens? I swear it was open around Christmas/NYE last year.
It will more than likely open around Australia Day, last year it opened on the 24th January. So i reckon it will be close to that date again.

Really can’t split Brayshaw and beans at the moment.

Like beams scoring potential but new team again is an unknown in a well stocked midfield but we all know he can score big and the pies have a lot of Thursday night loopholes.

Then there’s Brayshaw who was a jet the second half of last year but the unknown of will he back it up or how he handles Moreno of a tag, plus I need more rnd 13 bye players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back