NFL 2019 - Pre-Season / Training Camp - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

the bigger picture, the end-game....18 game reg season
roger himself is one person with a limited lifespan, and plenty of controversy surrounding him....is a short-term thing, a smaller picture
how will they do a 18 game season? conference/division realignment again.

as TGBB said, instead of playing two conference games against two teams who finished same position as them, they'll just play all four teams from that conference.

currently a team plays
6 games against it's own division
4 games against an entire division in its own conference
1 game against say 1st place in another division in its conference (because it finished 1st in its own)
1 game against say 1st place in another division in its conference (because it finished 1st in its own)
4 games against a whole other division in the OTHER conference

so it would be....
6 games own division
4 games an entire division own conference
4 games an entire division own conference
4 games an entire division OTHER conference

the new system would speed up the thing where a team plays all 32 NFL teams over a 10 year span, would probably be all 32 teams over an 8 year span now.

Wouldn’t they just play two more conference games?
is it 18 game or 18 weeks? because 18 games i understand they could play 1 non conference div, 2 conference divisions and your own div twice.

Because if its 18 games and extended playoffs that players will want a huge concession. like 2 in season byes

so a 20 week season, 5 weeks of post season, 3 weeks preseason and the OTA/Minicamp weeks. Thats a much longer season, and rookies will have rookie camp and play preseason. coming from the college system it might be almost double the workload.

Not a good day for the spawn of NFL players past with the children of Vinny Testaverdes, Joe Horn and Ricky Proehl all cut.

And the Redskins well and truly ruined the careers of Terrell Pryor and Sua Cravens - with both failing to make a 53 man roster.

Not a good day for the spawn of NFL players past with the children of Vinny Testaverdes, Joe Horn and Ricky Proehl all cut.

And the Redskins well and truly ruined the careers of Terrell Pryor and Sua Cravens - with both failing to make a 53 man roster.
I wouldn't blame the Redskins for Pryor. He was always a nothing in the NFL.

Cravens never wanted to be in Washington, didnt he try and get traded before?
Yeah he retired prematurely and later returned to the Redskins on IR as he was being treated for concussion symptoms and was later traded to Denver.

Cravens never wanted to be in Washington, didnt he try and get traded before?
I think he had the same problem Josh Jones had in GB - being a LB in a safety's body and refusing to acknowledge the fact.

IIRC a large part of why Cravens wanted out of Washington was that they wanted him to primarily play nickle/dime LB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he had the same problem Josh Jones had in GB - being a LB in a safety's body and refusing to acknowledge the fact.

IIRC a large part of why Cravens wanted out of Washington was that they wanted him to primarily play nickle/dime LB
Jones had a pretty shitty attitude with us as well. Especially after we signed Amos and drafted Savage. Demanded a trade. If he had have embraced his role he'd probably be a starter as well in that coverage LB role.

Instead he's not on any team.

Jones had some attitude issues, but that was because he wasnt getting played. and then some personal issues. He was lucky to not get cut lastyear after getting into an argument with McCarthy on the sideline and walking into the locker room mid game.

I hope someone picks him up and he can become a good player, just didnt fit in at GB.

Jones had a pretty s**tty attitude with us as well. Especially after we signed Amos and drafted Savage. Demanded a trade. If he had have embraced his role he'd probably be a starter as well in that coverage LB role.

Instead he's not on any team.
Jones was cut with a Non football injury. so i think that scared some teams away since it sounds like some mental health problems.

Raven Green has been doing great in the nickle/dime LB role

Was quoted as the same reason he didnt make the roster this time. Wanted him to not be a hybrid

Busy day yesterday, got home late, crack couple coldies, get dinner ready, sit down to watch Eagles Jets thinking maybe it'll be entertaining enough. Yeah nah, if it wasnt for Daeshon Hall (gonna be a player) I would have switched that s**t off end of the first. 4 preseason games is too many & the guys running around yesterday have had plenty of opp's over the first couple games to show their stuff.

Didn't we draft Hall a few years ago in the third round IIRC? ( Played opposite of Garrett in college if it's the same guy I'm thinking of)

He did sweet fa for us... 😕

Jets cut Jachi Polite...wow

From first round pick to third rounder to cut in less than six months.

His attitude must be even worse than reported.

Didn't we draft Hall a few years ago in the third round IIRC? ( Played opposite of Garrett in college if it's the same guy I'm thinking of)

He did sweet fa for us... 😕

Looks like spent most of that time on IR then bounced around a couple practice squads, yes it's only preseason but he's been very effective, might have just needed to get his body right, get with the right organisation.

Looks like spent most of that time on IR then bounced around a couple practice squads, yes it's only preseason but he's been very effective, might have just needed to get his body right, get with the right organisation.

We were/still are desperate for pass rushing help, I'd be upset if a defensive coach like Rivera didn't see Hall had the talent to be a player and became one somewhere else.

We were/still are desperate for pass rushing help, I'd be upset if a defensive coach like Rivera didn't see Hall had the talent to be a player and became one somewhere else.

He's clearly outplayed Josh Sweat this preseason & I see this morning has made the 53. & if a tweet I read is right, he's put on 30 pounds so probably has been on the good gear supplements;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back