Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too soon to open the round 1 discussion fred? ;)

I'll dedicate it to that magnificent basterd Hai_Newman. You are a star you splendidly rotund piece of beefcake
My sexy bod is all slackness and no dedication.... but go on...:straining::p

Rate this one lads...

i'm big fan of R2 being a cheap ruck.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Alright, cobbas.
This is my first crack.

Blakely and Williams are locked in. Backline looked a bit thin with them at D1/2 so i grabbed Whitfield to sure it up, just grabbed a bunch of the more expensive rookies to fill the line out, it's alway easier to ditch these fellas for cheapies that get named round 1 instead tearing your team apart to get them in if we are light on for rookies (did the same with the mid rookies).

Cripps and Fyfe are my choice of POWERFUL 600k big boy mids. Dusty and Zerrett locked in. Crouch could change, but think he's value. Only times I've started Libba he went on to average 106 and 110, reckon i'll back him in again :cool:

Grundy > Gawn for me, refused to pick him last year because Cox was killing his scoring the year before (When I had him), but he's shown enough to prove they can both work in the same 22.
Naismith is very speculative, could switch Hoff into the rucks and get a fwd mid-pricer instead. Happy enough for now.

Danger, duh. Love Hoff's DPP, reckon he might drop back a bit point wise, but durable and should make a decent F6 at worst, don't mind paying a premium for the flexibility he offers. Heeney is just a starboy. Chad was one of my best scorers in the back half of last year, would be rude not to give him another go.

38k left in the bank.

It's good to have SC back.

12 - 12 (3).JPG

Alright, cobbas.
This is my first crack.

Blakely and Williams are locked in. Backline looked a bit thin with them at D1/2 so i grabbed Whitfield to sure it up, just grabbed a bunch of the more expensive rookies to fill the line out, it's alway easier to ditch these fellas for cheapies that get named round 1 instead tearing your team apart to get them in if we are light on for rookies (did the same with the mid rookies).

Cripps and Fyfe are my choice of POWERFUL 600k big boy mids. Dusty and Zerrett locked in. Crouch could change, but think he's value. Only times I've started Libba he went on to average 106 and 110, reckon i'll back him in again :cool:

Grundy > Gawn for me, refused to pick him last year because Cox was killing his scoring the year before (When I had him), but he's shown enough to prove they can both work in the same 22.
Naismith is very speculative, could switch Hoff into the rucks and get a fwd mid-pricer instead. Happy enough for now.

Danger, duh. Love Hoff's DPP, reckon he might drop back a bit point wise, but durable and should make a decent F6 at worst, don't mind paying a premium for the flexibility he offers. Heeney is just a starboy. Chad was one of my best scorers in the back half of last year, would be rude not to give him another go.

38k left in the bank.

View attachment 594833
Daniher over Naismith

Great team

Alright, cobbas.
This is my first crack.

38k left in the bank.

View attachment 594833
Wingard to Greene and Crouch to Jelly.

B3A96BF7-98F2-4392-9D75-D5FFB09ACDA3.gif

Otherwise a ripper team as usual Seymour. Always enjoy your team write ups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some nice sides posted already. Mids the interesting line for mine, see some blokes slightly below top whack who have good prospects of giving top tier output, and that helps accommodate Danger, Whitfield, Heeney, potentially Hoff and consorts / just generally going deeper in FWD / DEF and grabbing that extra Blakely type.

Daniher over Naismith

Great team

Daniher is one of the Fwds I was looking at, apparently he's still not 100% right yet.
If he's named round one I'd consider risking it, reckon the Bombers have a pretty decent starting draw.

Wingard to Greene and Crouch to Jelly.

View attachment 594854

Otherwise a ripper team as usual Seymour. Always enjoy your team write ups.

Dunno about starting 4 GWS boys.
Reckon Kelly is gonna be the best player in the comp sooner than later, but reckon he'll be copping all the attention every week now, wanna see how he copes with that first.

Daniher is one of the Fwds I was looking at, apparently he's still not 100% right yet.
If he's named round one I'd consider risking it, reckon the Bombers have a pretty decent starting draw.

Dunno about starting 4 GWS boys.
Reckon Kelly is gonna be the best player in the comp sooner than later, but reckon he'll be copping all the attention every week now, wanna see how he copes with that first.
Good point regarding extra attention coming Kelly’s way.

I don't have team picker but i'm pretty sure this team will just fit under the salary cap.

Laird, Williams, Roberton, Birchall, Collins, Quaynor (Grundy, Wigg)
Fyfe, Cripps, Oliver, B.Crouch, B.Smith, Bennell, Stocker, Berry (Constable, Drew, E.Smith)
Grundy, Goldy (Bines)
Danger, Heeney, Wingard, Gresham, Greene, Setterfield (Petruccelle, Mosquito)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back