2nds 2019 SANFL Grand Final- Port Adelaide v Glenelg 3pm Sunday 22/9

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a proper Magpies team with all our zones if we are to get back to the Port of old. If only we could afford that as well as sending our own players off to an AFL reserves comp. Money is our issue and lack of it is holding us back in every way. I doubt we can even afford an AFLW team. Someone at the top has to go.

I didn't think the result of today's game would bother me, but I feel so deflated right now. I can't recall the last loss we had where you could honestly just say we gave it our all and were outplayed. There is so much potential in this Club which is just p***ed away by inept management.

We used to thrive on this "everyone hates us" mantra. Now we climb back into our shells and protect our community image.

Three losing GFs to three different teams in 6 years? Something's not right.

We played exactly like our afl team , the holes in our structure and system are so obvious it's stunning the amount of useless kicks and handpasses is stunningly bad .
Got another awful 5 years at least before we can have a hope of professionalism run footy club
The bombing into the 50 killed Port as well. Glenelg players just about marked everyone of those.
No lifting of the eyes, and no movement by our forwards to give an option. Stupid piddly handballs.
I could go on and on, but I think most of us saw what was happening with our lack of setup geez.

What upsets me is that our supporters pay their hard earned to go to these matches. And we get fed a sh-t sandwich! Some egos in the whole squad must be seen to. Get some nastiness into our coaching system. Won’t happen!
Cancel the membership. If they ask why, just say the club has taught you "there are things in life more important than football".

Last edited:
The bombing into the 50 killed Port as well. Glenelg players just about marked everyone of those.
No lifting of the eyes, and no movement by our forwards to give an option. Stupid piddly handballs.
I could go on and on, but I think most of us saw what was happening with our lack of setup geez.
We looked just like the firsts. That surely isn't a coincidence :'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, f@%k it, I’m on the Outer Harbour headed for Alberton.

Lots of quiet Glenelg fans on here, wtf? I’d be going batshit if I were them.

Come say hi, I’ll be the guy in the disco ball jacket, lol...

Our sanfl mids have no afl future.

An afl reserves team should win most grand finals in my opinion. Yeah the umpires and restrictions on us but we have something fundamentally wrong with our player recruitment.
Well Port will have their Player reviews very soon. Wonder who will get shown the door from this very poor Magpies effort.

When did you think you could win? (Bruce Abernethy)
We thought we could win for the first bounce. We did our homework and knew how they played and it was about executing - Cory Gregson

We would never hear something like that from a Port player or staff given the current environment. Something to aspire to.

For both the AFL Club's playing in the SANFL it is a year to year lottery mate. We could have several changes to our AFL list and this could affect the Magpies playing strength. In that respect Cam Sutcliffe is probably right we have to hope we have a competitive outfit.

We have to win Premierships when we get the chance and that is the third opportunity we have let slip.

On reflection the way I feel atm I really do not care how much Cam or any of us hope to be in a SANFL Grand Final because we no longer win the bloody things anyway. I hope we do something in the AFL and leave the Reserves to sort themselves out.

* me, as I type Channel Seven going overboard with the Bay glory giving a goal by goal description of their triumph and covering the Bays singing the Richmond club song. You would think they were AFL Premiers. * 'em I will be going for GWS next week as I do not want another Tiger win.

Yep. Dumb dumb dumb

The inner core of our football club is fundamentally wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back