2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty happy that NN is free to play from a supporters POV. I want to see the guns play finals and NN is a gun. Didn't look great at all but Zach Merret wasn't hurt at all. In saying that, MRP is inconsistent, would be a suspension if it wasn't a gun.
I thought it was more about the potential to cause injury, in which case it certainly rated fairly highly i would have thought.

Maybe some plans to offload Smith?

I would . Remember fagan’s reaction at smith’S undisciplined action right in front of him. GONE. He displayed a total lack of footy nous and the undisciplined act in front of the coach shows a non team orientation

Last edited:
I thought it was more about the potential to cause injury, in which case it certainly rated fairly highly i would have thought.
Yeah pretty much. Also hear Christian say that the "look" of the incident is viewed as a determining factor. Didn't look good. As much as l am happy with it as l get to See NN, was clearly a biased decision

Last edited:
I would . Remember fagan’s reaction at smith’S undisciplined action right in front of him. GONE. He displayed a total lack of footy nous and the undisciplined act in front of the coach shows a non team orientation
If that's the case then it was a really bad decision for us to re-sign him for another two years.

If that's the case then it was a really bad decision for us to re-sign him for another two years.
I doubt it's the case. Fagan does not seem the like to overreact to a single action. If Archie does leave it will be a longer term development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think it's ridiculous that we're chasing a mature ruck. We've been unusually good injury wise, especially to our 3 main rucks. We always play 2 - leaving one in the reserves. If 1 goes down then reserves has no Rickman, if 2 go down then we're stuffed.

As for who - I'll leave that to our list management people. The people who have brought us Hodge, Cameron, Neale, Lyons, McCarthy ans Adams over the past 2 years.

Totally agree. After thta incident, he has not played in the seniors . If i am wrong I will stand corrected. I would see what we get. For trades. Besides contracts count for nothing these days.

After last night I'm convinced we need to recruit a forward who can lead, hold a mark and kick straight. A running defender with the speed to keep up with Dusty would have been useful too.

Disagree on the defender. Most of Dusty’s goals were when he snuck forward and Marcus Adams was on the bench. Adams was towelling him up in the first half, just got the interchange timings wrong and let him get his tail up. Main one he let in was the stoppage goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree on the defender. Most of Dusty’s goals were when he snuck forward and Marcus Adams was on the bench. Adams was towelling him up in the first half, just got the interchange timings wrong and let him get his tail up. Main one he let in was the stoppage goal.
Couldn't tell if he was against Adams or not at the time, I'm referring to the crumbing goals he scored in the last quarter because he simply outpaced everyone else.

Couldn't tell if he was against Adams or not at the time, I'm referring to the crumbing goals he scored in the last quarter because he simply outpaced everyone else.

Yeah by then he had his tail up and we had our heads down. IMO we needed to play Adams on him when he was a true forward and hand back to a midfielder at forward 50 stoppages, defenders just aren’t as good in that situation as clearance players who better understand positioning etc. I don’t think Dusty’s influence was due to the cattle, our tactics on him weren’t great. Also looking into the future Noah will take that role. Just not ready yet.

We are still a class midfielder or 2 from competing with the very best teams consistently.

An attacking (not slow) HBF would be ideal too.

Class is already here just need the time for them to develop.

Need a big Forward it showed out last night a bail out grabber on those high balls. Eric pushed aside by the bigger bodies - weights weights and protein powder into him over summer we have the fwds already there just need muscle mass

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Need a big Forward it showed out last night a bail out grabber on those high balls. Eric pushed aside by the bigger bodies - weights weights and protein powder into him over summer we have the fwds already there just need muscle mass

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My understanding is what you see is what you get with Hipwood and that ain’t gonna change much regardless of weights and protein powder. He’s a lead up forward, will never be one on one - we need someone to teach him how to do that properly.

If Bruce is going to the Bulldogs, which power forwards are actually gettable? I'm still banging the drum for Charlie Dixon. We have the right medical staff to manage his ankle, and he seemed to be playing well by round 23. Port are probably willing to trade him given they have a young forward who needs game time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back