2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a really strange conversation with an Uber driver last night who claimed to be Ken Hinkley's cousin. He was adamant that a big name Brisbane Lion's forward will be traded to South Australia in return for another player who is supposedly a gun also.

Sam Mayes for Eddie Betts... no wait..

Matthew Lloyd suggesting 4-5 clubs (one being the Lions) should again make a move for Josh Jenkins at season's end, which he acknowledged that we offered him 5 year deal a couple of years.:drunk:

Matthew Lloyd suggesting 4-5 clubs (one being the Lions) should again make a move for Josh Jenkins at season's end, which he acknowledged that we offered him 5 year deal a couple of years.:drunk:

Lol. Lloydy, still bitter from 2001 :p

The Crows wouldn't want to lose him but Hugh Greenwood would be a terrific get as a handy midfielder/flanker role player. One of the better role players in the AFL imo with his contested ball winning, tackling and goal kicking ability. Will be 28 next year but with a later start to his career I could see him playing at a reasonable level for another 4ish years. He's a great athlete.

Nope, would take a lot of the salary cap. We have seen what it does to Sydney, they are too reliant on him. I don't think we need a key forward anymore, more year will improve Hippy and McStay naturally
Would you not take buddy full stop or would you take him at 800k per year? Buddy won't want to finish his career playing in a team which loses most weeks. Financially the club only needs to sell a further 1100 family memberships to pay for it. Would do that easy with Bud and would really give the Lions momentum in the Brisbane market. We will have room in salary cap post Hodgey next year.
I'm not saying this is likely just spit balling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you not take buddy full stop or would you take him at 800k per year? Buddy won't want to finish his career playing in a team which loses most weeks. Financially the club only needs to sell a further 1100 family memberships to pay for it. Would do that easy with Bud and would really give the Lions momentum in the Brisbane market. We will have room in salary cap post Hodgey next year.
I'm not saying this is likely just spit balling.
No from me, he'd hinder the development of our forward line IMO. Not enough bright lights in Brisvegas for him anyway.

No from me, he'd hinder the development of our forward line IMO. Not enough bright lights in Brisvegas for him anyway.

That’s pretty silly. If you can get Buddy at a team friendly contract you’d get Buddy. Not only is he amazing but he puts bums in seats.

That’s pretty silly. If you can get Buddy at a team friendly contract you’d get Buddy. Not only is he amazing but he puts bums in seats.

I was half tongue in cheek because it's not happening although Buddy is 33 before the start of next season, even the greats can fall off the cliff quickly at that age.

The Swans can have him and his big fat contract.

No to buddy at 800k a year.
If it was out hodge and in buddy for 350 a year for 2 years then i would lean towards yes.

* bums on seats.
* might teach the young forwad line a bit of his ilk.
* bums on seats.

Stay away Lions we don't need another forward who never leads up at the ball. Would be a terrible result structure wise.

Stay away Lions we don't need another forward who never leads up at the ball. Would be a terrible result structure wise.

Happy to back Fagan and Noble in. If they want Jenkins and rate the role he could play in our team then I'd back them in, but just as equally I'd back them to make the right call and pass on Jenkins if he's someone who can't tick the necessary boxes for the price required.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back