2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They called Aish courageous in the article ha ha ha. Talk about fake news.
I wouldn’t say he is courageous but he isn’t soft. He goes when it’s his turn.

I remember him going back hard with the flight for us vs Essendon and getting crunched. Was the game where we wore the yellow Bears guernsey.

Fading in and out of games is his bigger weakness, and just limited hurt factor.

Worst

Trade Period

Ever!!

Well, the go home 5 year was pretty crap too, but in terms of boring, this has it hands down.
I would describe the worst trade periods as ones where we lose required players. The GH5 trade period is well ahead on that score with daylight second. This one is largely positive so far. If you mean the most boring ever, it isn't that either I would have thought. Try supporting North.

If you mean the most boring ever, it isn't that either I would have thought. Try supporting North.
Those are often exciting but disappointing.

I would describe the worst trade periods as ones where we lose required players. The GH5 trade period is well ahead on that score with daylight second. This one is largely positive so far. If you mean the most boring ever, it isn't that either I would have thought. Try supporting North.

Some of my old Fitzroy mates started following Norf after the merger... Everything was rosy 96 and 99 When we started 2001 some came back(have dual memberships) They are bitter mob bit like old snake...those that didn't went on to follow Storm they were also happy until 07 & 09 were stripped..they are just as unbearable..

I wouldn’t say he is courageous but he isn’t soft. He goes when it’s his turn.

I remember him going back hard with the flight for us vs Essendon and getting crunched. Was the game where we wore the yellow Bears guernsey.

Fading in and out of games is his bigger weakness, and just limited hurt factor.

Limited hurt factor plus a propensity to turn it over with 40m kicks around the body out of packs straight to opposition defenders. He’s a limited player which you just can’t be if you are also an inconsistent decision maker.

Limited hurt factor plus a propensity to turn it over with 40m kicks around the body out of packs straight to opposition defenders. He’s a limited player which you just can’t be if you are also an inconsistent decision maker.
I never quite worked out why he was so high in the draft but I think it was his pedigree . Once he started playing you just wondered where any improvement was going to come from. Not overly athletic or quick , nor really a gun accumulator or really tough ,or even a quality disposal exponent.

I think Bucks being a South Australian was in love with the family and got sucked in like we did.

But not James' fault . He plays as well as he can with the attributes he's got.

I never quite worked out why he was so high in the draft but I think it was his pedigree . Once he started playing you just wondered where any improvement was going to come from. Not overly athletic or quick , nor really a gun accumulator or really tough ,or even a quality disposal exponent.

I think Bucks being a South Australian was in love with the family and got sucked in like we did.

But not James' fault . He plays as well as he can with the attributes he's got.

I think his biggest problem was that he believed in his draft hype for far too long and just didn’t get down to business by training hard and improving. He thought he made it from day 1, and started shopping himself around like he was an established player.

I think he had the tools to make it skill wise, but he just didn’t have the pure drive to get there. 99% of draftees need to work on Lots on aspects to their game... Aish acted like he was a ready made. Going to pies was a horrible decision

They called Aish courageous in the article ha ha ha. Talk about fake news.

?

Whilst he hasn’t kicked on as they would’ve hoped when they traded for him, Aish absolutely puts his body on the line when it’s his time to go. That’s probably the one thing that stands out to me whenever I’ve watched him.

I think his biggest problem was that he believed in his draft hype for far too long and just didn’t get down to business by training hard and improving. He thought he made it from day 1, and started shopping himself around like he was an established player.

I think he had the tools to make it skill wise, but he just didn’t have the pure drive to get there. 99% of draftees need to work on Lots on aspects to their game... Aish acted like he was a ready made. Going to pies was a horrible decision
Agreed.

It's a two way street isn't it . Bucks had been in his ear for a while which inflated his opinion of himself and probably lessened his work rate when he was with us the last year. Which thwarted his development.

So by the time he got to the Pies he had an over inflated opinion of where he was at with a new coach who wanted to be proven right with his decision. He actually cost them games and it's taken Bucks a couple of years to wake up.

We all know about coaches who pick the wrong guys don't we.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His first year with us was full of promise.

There was enough there to suggest he was going to justify his Draft position.

Then he just seemed to stagnate and started looking a bit ordinary. He's become even more ordinary at the Pies.

I do think comments impugning his courage are misplaced but I agree that on exposed form, his cateer has been majorly disappointing.

I wish him no malice and I actually hope he goes well whetever he ends up.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

His first year with us was full of promise.

There was enough there to suggest he was going to justify his Draft position.

Then he just seemed to stagnate and started looking a bit ordinary. He's become even more ordinary at the Pies.

I do think comments impugning his courage are misplaced but I agree that on exposed form, his cateer has been majorly disappointing.

I wish him no malice and I actually hope he goes well whetever he ends up.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
For sure . He was just a kid when he came to us on a learning curve about life.

It's not too late to resurrect his career in footy if that's what he really wants and he's good enough.

Best we can hope for Taylor is 44 with maybe our pick 64 going back to Swans. Values Taylor around 51 (mid 3rd round)
Best we can hope for with Cutler is 33 with pick 55 going back to Bombers. Values Cutler around pick 44. (early 3rd round). I can't see us getting straight 2nd round picks for either of them.

Would give us: 16, 21, 33, 34, 44, 52 with the option of still trying to trade up. As well as freeing up 2 list spaces which we need to do for the draft and Big O. Three picks in the 2nd round might make it easier to trade up.

Best we can hope for Taylor is 44 with maybe our pick 64 going back to Swans. Values Taylor around 51 (mid 3rd round)
Best we can hope for with Cutler is 33 with pick 55 going back to Bombers. Values Cutler around pick 44. (early 3rd round). I can't see us getting straight 2nd round picks for either of them.

Would give us: 16, 21, 33, 34, 44, 52 with the option of still trying to trade up. As well as freeing up 2 list spaces which we need to do for the draft and Big O. Three picks in the 2nd round might make it easier to trade up.
Refreshingly sensible

It's not as if we're in any great bargaining position with any of them . Just a matter of what anyone will give us to take them off our hands

With Ben King signed up for the Suns, I hope we put some work into Max. With all these players coming into the Saints there may be some salary cap pressure in a couple years time. Max might want to reunite with his brother/make it easier on the family and head up north. If they both play full forward, Max might prefer to be at the Lions where he wont be competing against his brother for the same spot.

fab1193dabdbc1ac07f62ce365c7a913.jpg

This says we are looking for a 2nd round pick.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just read a rumour that Rayner is in discussions with Essendon. Anyone else heard this. Hopefully bullshit
From memory, heard that Essendon were talking to him 1st year when he was with us but he said nah, he was happy here. (Not exactly sure what his words were but that was the gist of it).

Wouldn't surprise me if they keep trying to get him every year. Every club will be trying to grab our guns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back