2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So aside from losing Cutler, Taylor for chips and getting Ah Chee, nothing else in the works today that we're aware of?
Maybe we could winkle Ollie Wines out of Port Power for a future 1st rounder? Or even Robbie Gray might be a surprise for us!

Seeing a lot of people mentioning the need to delist people, and Basti doesn't count because he was delisted and re-rookied. Worth noting that this is a move we've done a lot. Without checking, I think each of the last 3 years. Probably safe to assume we'll do it again this year.

We have plenty of candidates for players we might want to keep, but unlikely to attract attention. Players like CLyons, Payne, Lester, Wooller, Skinner. Obviously not all, but 1 or 2 isn't a problem.

Basically, we can just operate to a list size of 44, plus Cat B rookies. Mix between the primary and rookie lists is irrelevant.

If you accept this idea, then Basti will open up a list spot. Just slightly more difficult.

Yeah you probably right, I am just in the draft picks are over rated camp. Too me if we picked up someone at pick 44 who turned out to be as good as Cutler or Taylor who would think we have done well. It’s more likely to go the other way. Not just talking about us but all clubs.
Got Answerth at pick 55 last year … just saying.

Along with cap, it's list space. We currently have 41 on our senior list. We need to cut at least 4 to make the required 3 picks in the draft. Oscar also needs to be upgraded from the rookie list.

Bastinac was on the rookie list already so him leaving doesn't free a senior list spot.
Delisting Bastinac + Hinge can free up a list spots because we can re-rookie long term projects like a Sam Skinner or a Connor Ballenden.

Essentially there's 44 on the list now and 3 cat B rookies. Heaps of space.

Seeing a lot of people mentioning the need to delist people, and Basti doesn't count because he was delisted and re-rookied. Worth noting that this is a move we've done a lot. Without checking, I think each of the last 3 years. Probably safe to assume we'll do it again this year.

We have plenty of candidates for players we might want to keep, but unlikely to attract attention. Players like CLyons, Payne, Lester, Wooller, Skinner. Obviously not all, but 1 or 2 isn't a problem.

Basically, we can just operate to a list size of 44, plus Cat B rookies. Mix between the primary and rookie lists is irrelevant.

If you accept this idea, then Basti will open up a list spot. Just slightly more difficult.

Beat me

In addition to what others have said, it's also about managing the salary cap, not just for next season but subsequently. Trading is as much about contract and cap issues than the simple face value transaction of players for picks.

Plus Noah Answerth says hi.
I also wonder what sort of contracts Taylor and Cutler were on as holdovers from the bad old days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodbye Squiz. Thanks for the highlights in a period with very few.

Thanks Squiz, for the great service for our team. And propping us up for a time in need.
Sorry to see you go.
But, glad I didn’t purchase the number 28 on my Guernsey as I was planning to a couple of years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back