Training 2019 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't believe you ever have your black belt revoked. At least not anywhere I've trained.

There are far safer ways to strengthen your wrists that don't involve your entire body weight coming down on your wrist in a compromising position. Bench, various overhead presses, grip work, wrist curls, etc. I would challenge you to find a strength and conditioning coach worth their salt that would prescribe knuckle push ups as a sensible way to strength wrists.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Though it’s better for shoulder stabilisation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Russell will have a lot to say to both Bolton and SOS after a pre-season and a year - about which players to keep and which to dump. I'm looking forward to seeing blokes in Carlton jumpers as strong and enduring as they can be - sick of the skinny runt look in Navy Blue jumpers.

I think Russell will have a lot to say to both Bolton and SOS after a pre-season and a year - about which players to keep and which to dump. I'm looking forward to seeing blokes in Carlton jumpers as strong and enduring as they can be - sick of the skinny runt look in Navy Blue jumpers.
Simpson does not endorse this post

Simpson does not endorse this post
He might get special dispensation for a year - doubt he needs much from Russell anyway as far as being a 4 quarter gut running player goes he and Ed are benchmarks.

A 12 week wrist injury will do that. Promising signs leading into the season dashed before seeing potential at AFL level.

Agreed, 2019 is it, show up and consistently perform or game over.
How was he supposed to be fit when he was injured for the bulk of the year?
A broken wrist doesn't stop you running and coming back 10kg over weight. Trust me, if he doesn't shape up this year, they'll ship him out.

A broken wrist doesn't stop you running and coming back 10kg over weight. Trust me, if he doesn't shape up this year, they'll ship him out.

Well hopefully in Russell , we now have the professionalism to be on top of what the players (injured or not) are doing every bloody day.
How does a bloke put on 10kg un noticed in season ?
We must have had the record keeper from * in charge of this department last year ...

I broke my wrist about 8 years ago, and I started my rehab about 2 weeks after surgery. Running would have been hard for sure, but low impact stuff would have been ok.

That type of break is very painful, hurts when you jar it. Running would hurt even after the plaster is removed. It is a shitty little bone in a really awkward spot.

If the B&F photos are any guideline, he's still not getting the message.

Jeez, there is lot riding on this Russell guy. Just a little cog in a big machine.
An important cog nonetheless. Just like the horseshoe nail in the proverb.

For want of a nail a horseshoe was lost,
for want of a horseshoe a horse went lame,
for want of a horse a rider never got through,
for want of a rider a message never arrived,
for want of a message an army was never sent,
for want of an army a battle was lost,
for want of a battle a war was lost,
for want of a war a kingdom fell,
and all for want of a nail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back