2020/21 Melbourne Victory Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool and Victory clearly sharing strength and conditioning staff. Jesus Christ.

Brenton Speed talking up Gestede like every second he has spent on the pitch has been immense. This is the first time I've actually seen him look remotely like he is interested at all. Confidence is a hell of a drug though so lets hope it's the beginning of something.

Markovic looks solid as well. Will no doubt get 2 minutes next week and the club will act surprised that he doesn't continue improving as a player.

Jesus, Brox has a hell of a job marshalling this defence, he must feel like he's running around with his triplets at the moment.

RUDY RUDY RUDY RUDY!!!

Archie Thompson not even knowing the name of Bello who was coming on for Shotton, guy is a Victory legend but clearly spends too much time watching his own shadow.

This is quite the XI we've got on the field to finish this game.

Remember Kev's complete and utter refusal to bring on any of these young players before the 85th minute? This would be giving him cold sweats.

Big props to the young defenders tonight with all the injuries.
Always love a win but it takes pressure off the board though, we still need change there I believe.
Gotta love what the Fox microphones pick up too:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The obvious player support for Brebs is clearly the story coming out of the game...
Lets be honest, I don't think it was tactics that was letting us down. The fact the players can't make a 5 yard pass was a coach killer in the making.

I don't think Brebs is a long term solution but without knowing the inner workings when players are just playing rubbish it's hard to get them going.

How good is Anderson? shits all over Ryan! Sorry that he got injured but it was a blessing for us.

bit to work on like all kids but he reads the play really well, bello won me over at right back loved the cut in field with the ball opens the play up for butterfield and brimmer .. looked a tad lost when that big 13 came on for the nix but still did well

side note nix fans relax. had some random guy want to fight me for pointing out victory were one goal up at half time derp both teams are rubbish just chill haha ,

Last edited by a moderator:
bit to work on like all kids but he reads the play really well, bello won me over at right back loved the cut in field with the ball opens the play up for butterfield and brimmer .. looked a tad lost when that big 13 came on for the nix but still did well

side note nix fans relax. had some random guy want to fight me for pointing out victory were one goal up at half time derp both teams are rubbish just chill haha ,

Towards the end of the game Belo was deep in defence, cut back inside, hit a wall, so... he just centred the ball for the Nux. (It's like something that happens in FM that drives you nuts cos it doesn't happen in real life)

I'm being nit-picky, cos you're right, it was a really impressive 45 minute debut off the bench.

Not as impressive as Markovic. Wow. He's not one of those NPL/Youth players that's gotten any press whatsoever, but he looked like he belonged last night. Normally you put a kid on in a position like left back and you just want him to concentrate on his defensive duties. There was none of that though - he was bombing forward, putting in really good crosses, and I don't remember a situation where he was missing in defence. And playing 90 on debut doing that is superhuman.

I joked during the match that Brox must've felt like he was marshalling his triplets in defence last night, but they were rock solid, and it was really exciting to see.

The XI at the final whistle included Crocombe, Belo, Anderson, Markovic, Kirdar, Brimmer, Barnett and LLL. That's also pretty exciting. I look at that, and I'm actually less worried about results this season - if Brebs is prepared to put that much faith in our kids (not all of it by choice with 3 friggen injuries of course), then I want to back Brebs and see what these kids become.

Towards the end of the game Belo was deep in defence, cut back inside, hit a wall, so... he just centred the ball for the Nux. (It's like something that happens in FM that drives you nuts cos it doesn't happen in real life)

I'm being nit-picky, cos you're right, it was a really impressive 45 minute debut off the bench.

Not as impressive as Markovic. Wow. He's not one of those NPL/Youth players that's gotten any press whatsoever, but he looked like he belonged last night. Normally you put a kid on in a position like left back and you just want him to concentrate on his defensive duties. There was none of that though - he was bombing forward, putting in really good crosses, and I don't remember a situation where he was missing in defence. And playing 90 on debut doing that is superhuman.

I joked during the match that Brox must've felt like he was marshalling his triplets in defence last night, but they were rock solid, and it was really exciting to see.

it's funny how we all see a game different.i thought markovic was great attacking but poor in defence got caught watching the man, was super lucky nix were terrible up front and brox was helping out. but not sure he is use to the spot on left back? guessing not?

think we all agree we enjoy the youth loads to work with and as you say.lets hope the next games are close and fans get out to marvel if not bye bye coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back