Review 2020 AFL Draft Live Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

So this might look familiar but it's actually a new spreadsheet, built to hopefully make it easier to update during the draft.

Going to do the best I can, hopefully it doesn't break. 🤞🤞🤞

To embed the spreadsheet elsewhere on the forum use the following:
Code:
[MEDIA="googlespreadsheetnew"]1uekV33YWh329IBqWvR0BXVfUgS8T-OK7fkecE7xQslM[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
Let me explain.

- No one can claim in honesty that Collingwood killed the draft. The draft, especially this one, is a great unknown. Collingwood drafted a bunch of kids. They may be stars, but then again all five may get delisted in within six years

If I hear this "argument" one more time, I'm going to go postal.

It's not ******* hard to figure out why the determination a team "did well" or "did not do well" in the draft was arrived at at this point in time. You don't need to possess a time machine to draw educated conclusions about likely future outcomes.

Jesus Christ on the Cross

Last edited:
Let me explain.

- No one can claim in honesty that Collingwood killed the draft. The draft, especially this one, is a great unknown. Collingwood drafted a bunch of kids. They may be stars, but then again all five may get delisted in within six years

- The AFL draft age is too low in my opinion. We should lift it to 19 years of age to give teams a better chance of drafting actual talent rather than guessing (as happens too frequently now).

- Geelong did very well since they are already a very good team (they made the Grand Final after all) AND they traded in the best available single talent in Jeremy Cameron. Sometimes the simplest trade/draft is the best.

- Of the talents taken last night, I like the pick of Logan McDonald to Sydney. After pick 6 I have next to no clue how any of the others are, and history will prove that more than half will be out of the league within six years. Dogs keeping Dunkley and drafting JUH is great for them, especially since they have been a finals teams a couple years in a row now.

Cheers.
So you have no idea.

Thanks for clarifying

No one, and I mean no one, has any clue if any of these kids (and this talent pool in general) can actually play this game. COVID wrecked this season, and in my opinion this league already drafts kids way too young (I favour lifting the draft eligibility age by 1 year).

Amazing job by Ned Guy, really?
Maybe, but then again I could have spun some dice and potentially had just as good a draft haul.

Collingwood is undoubtedly weaker going into 2021 than they were in 2020. Their internal culture may be wrecked by happened with their cap and the events that followed.

I suspect the club that did best out of this trade/draft period is Geelong. They made a Grand Final and brought in the best available talent in Jeremy Cameron. Similar to Richmond bringing in Tom Lynch.

P.S. Sydney getting Logan McDonald is a very nice get by them.

You’ve wasted more Top 10 picks in the last 20 years than any other clubs, so I understand were your cynicism comes from.

It’s funny how Treloar has now become a bonafide superstar since going on the trade table. You’d think he wasn’t much maligned prior.
Then why were you paying him $900k?
Fair bit of Collingwood revisionism going on here. During Sidebottom's 'enforced break' this year Treloar was your highest possession winner in all four games.

Let me explain.

- The AFL draft age is too low in my opinion. We should lift it to 19 years of age to give teams a better chance of drafting actual talent rather than guessing (as happens too frequently now).

- Geelong did very well since they are already a very good team (they made the Grand Final after all) AND they traded in the best available single talent in Jeremy Cameron. Sometimes the simplest trade/draft is the best.

- Of the talents taken last night, I like the pick of Logan McDonald to Sydney. After pick 6 I have next to no clue how any of the others are, and history will prove that more than half will be out of the league within six years. Dogs keeping Dunkley and drafting JUH is great for them, especially since they have been a finals teams a couple years in a row now.

Cheers.

Geel will have 8-10 best 22 30plus, next year. I think Cameron alone can’t stop them falling off a cliff.

No one, and I mean no one, has any clue if any of these kids (and this talent pool in general) can actually play this game. COVID wrecked this season, and in my opinion this league already drafts kids way too young (I favour lifting the draft eligibility age by 1 year).

Amazing job by Ned Guy, really?
Maybe, but then again I could have spun some dice and potentially had just as good a draft haul.

Collingwood is undoubtedly weaker going into 2021 than they were in 2020. Their internal culture may be wrecked by happened with their cap and the events that followed.

I suspect the club that did best out of this trade/draft period is Geelong. They made a Grand Final and brought in the best available talent in Jeremy Cameron. Similar to Richmond bringing in Tom Lynch.

P.S. Sydney getting Logan McDonald is a very nice get by them.

you said collingwood is undoubtedly weaker when Sidebottom & Degoey played a handfull of games, Howe missed most of the year and Grundy sh1t the bed.

if you read the collingwood board you'd know many posters have been on Treloars back for a long time so him leaving isn't a shock.

the big winner from the trade/draft is the bulldogs. if they miss the finals again (actually top 4..) Beveridge can't survive.

Then why were you paying him $900k?
Fair bit of Collingwood revisionism going on here. During Sidebottom's 'enforced break' this year Treloar was your highest possession winner in all four games.
You will see soon, how little his possessions count.

I'll be putting the rookie picks into the spreadsheet at the top again, fyi.

New tab called "Rookie draft".

I haven't bothered with a tab for the pre-season draft as you all should already know that it consists of one pick and that pick is Adelaide drafting Jackson Hately (GWS).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's going to be the song that never ends I think, I doubt they'll tell us when it's been resolved.
Instead of cash, Adam will receive 300k a year in an assortment of vouchers ranging from Wollworths, Jb Hi Fi, Rebel Sport and Kmart

What is the $900k argument?

That our list manager stuffed up?

I wouldn't have thought list manager are the ones that give out the contracts, surely that is the CEO or footy operations manager's role ? (Geoff Walsh clearly has gotten the arse for his role in the Pies SC woes)

PRE-SEASON DRAFT

Round 1

Pick 1 - Adelaide - Jackson Hately (GWS)

PRE-SEASON DRAFT

Round 1

Pick 1 - Adelaide - Jackson Hately (GWS)
And the PSD is done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back