2020 AFL fixture released

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s neutral. Simples.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes but the experience and the "Sense of home ground" by playing on it so much would give them quite the edge come finals time. Don't you think that would even out the playing ground with the Interstaters and the Vics who hardly play on it. It can't be all the MCG tenants way.

Yes but the experience and the "Sense of home ground" by playing on it so much would give them quite the edge come finals time. Don't you think that would even out the playing ground with the Interstaters and the Vics who hardly play on it. It can't be all the MCG tenants way.

That's good, because it isn't.

You can go away now. Maybe try and learn something before you come back.

That was a joke but it is difficult to convey that in a forum so imagine i said that with a smile on my face:D Your scenario, does it allow for 2 at home and 1 away? It would be about as fair as you could make it if we only played Freo once and the others as Vic teams, then it would be comparative to what the Vics get. Doing the homework on WC travel/Richmond travel as a 74 hour WC to 24 for Richmond the 2 at home and 1 away makes up for that. I would hate to do a comparative with Collingwood who travel even less than Richmond.
So West Coast would get 15 home state games, 2 of them neutral and 13 of them against clubs from another state, probably about 9 from Victoria.
Victorian teams get 14 home state games, 12 neutral and 2 of them against clubs from another state.
I can see why you think that's almost, but not quite fair, because a club from Victoria could conceivable still make the finals. Wouldn't happen very often of course, maybe once or twice a decade. But still might. So in your mind, still a little biased towards Victorian teams and more changes would have to be made.
Then once we've ensured that no Victorian clubs could ever make the finals again, we'd need to bring in changes that ensure that only West Coast could win the premiership.

Should we start lobbying the AFL? Or do you now see what I mean about your f'd up insatiable sense of entitlement.

You always reply in the negative Grin instead of trying to solve a problem. Even if WA teams got 14 at home (same as Richmond) but say, 4 double up games at home instead of travel every second week and finals still played in Melbourne, or the Granny anyway, it would go a long way to offset the 77 hours in the air compared to Richmond 24 hours. A fair compromise?
So you play Freo 4 times every year? That’s gonna get boring.

Should we start lobbying the AFL? Or do you now see what I mean about your f'd up insatiable sense of entitlement.
So you play Freo 4 times every year? That’s gonna get boring.
God Richmond supporters are dumber than dog sh#t! What part of 2 at home and one away (same as Vic teams) including the freo game don't you understand. Try to be nice and have a debate and get so called entitled. Leads me to the conclusion that it is the Richmond faithful who are entitled. 9 straight at home last fixture and that is fine, suggest it for another team and we are entitled. Hard to soar like an Eagle when we are surrounded by Richmond Turkeys. Done here.

Don't think anyone is advocating a re-start (seriously, anyway, probably just for banter reasons), just that a premiership won in 1916 is vastly different than one won in 2016 - let's not pretend they are all equal.

They all count as one in the record books in any event.
A premiership won in the early 90s is also vastly different to a premiership won now.

God Richmond supporters are dumber than dog sh#t! What part of 2 at home and one away (same as Vic teams) including the freo game don't you understand. Try to be nice and have a debate and get so called entitled. Leads me to the conclusion that it is the Richmond faithful who are entitled. 9 straight at home last fixture and that is fine, suggest it for another team and we are entitled. Hard to soar like an Eagle when we are surrounded by Richmond Turkeys. Done here.
Yeah yeah.
Even though West Coast already gets a considerable advantage over Victorian teams in the H&A season, it's not enough and Victorian clubs should play some of their home games in WA. Otherwise its just all so unfair and the world isn't revolving around the Eagles, making sure they get every single entitlement and unsporting advantage they think they're owed.

I though by taking you step by step through your demands, it would eventually dawn on you how entitled you're being that what you're asking for is so utterly ridiculous and extreme that no Victorian club may ever make the finals again.
But your sense of victimhood and entitlement is so ingrained it's impossible for you to have any insight.

Even if you did get all the extremely unsporting advantages to which you feel entitled, as you have already mentioned, you still wouldn't think it's quite fair and that you're entitled to whinge for even more.

Leads me to the conclusion that it is the Richmond faithful who are entitled. 9 straight at home last fixture?

Richmond played 9 straight at the MCG?? When did that happen??

So how does that compare to teams who have the opportunity to magnify this "sense of home ground" by training on that home ground for 10-20 hours in any given week? Are you suggesting these teams are gifted a more favourable run into the final 8 than those who are fixtured the majority of their home games as neutral?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back