Preview 2020 AFL National Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

GC 5 and 2021 1st and 2021 2nd, is probably the only deal I’d do for our pick 2.

It would have to be massive overs.

Otherwise, get f’ed.
5, 27, 37 & 2021 rd1 for 2, 70, 71

2020: 5, 11, 27, 30, 37, 39
2021: 1-6 7-12 + + +

i wonder if Adelaide are considering targeting our pick 2 and going for the McDonald/Thilthorpe combo

With what? Slabs of West End Draught?

I know all of these trades are coming up but I still want to keep pick 2. 2nd best kid in the 2020 draft is nothing to scoff at for a rebuilding side. Imagine if we trade GC for their picks; we'd be handing them probably the best midfielder to team up alongside rowell and anderson.
Would set them up for a decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

their future first round pick and a few sweeteners.

they have picks 9,22,23.

other clubs mentioned in a pick swap for pick 2 have been Gold Coast, Essendon, GWS, Collingwood

Adelaide could start their rebuild with two young kpp in McDonald and Thilthorpe

'kin risky.

That puts their future 1st as the main event. Don't think I've got another death ride in me to be honest.

At least with the GC deal pick 5 this year puts us at ease regardless of where they finish next year.

If we took on Adelaide's 2021 and they had a good season we cop a jolly rogering and blow the best draft hand we've ever had.

'kin risky.

That puts their future 1st as the main event. Don't think I've got another death ride in me to be honest.

At least with the GC deal pick 5 this year puts us at ease regardless of where they finish next year.

If we took on Adelaide's 2021 and they had a good season we cop a jolly rogering and blow the best draft hand we've ever had.

it is a bit of a risk.. but i can’t see Adelaide finishing too high next year.

it also depends on how both clubs rate this years draft compared to next years etc.

we would get a better form line on next years draftees though, compared to this years draftees (due to the covid interrupted season).

i wonder if Adelaide are considering targeting our pick 2 and going for the McDonald/Thilthorpe combo

Granted I expect the crows to be down the slimy end of the barrel next year, I'd be surprised if they want to trade out the chance to gets their hands on someone like Sinn or Horne

and if we dont pick thilthorpe at 1 you potentially miss who you want. we could pick hollands at 1. thilthorpe could slide and we trade up and pick him.

we could also pick mcdonald and hollands could slide.

you guys want mcdonald or hollands. we just dont know which one and neither do you. so umm, good luck.
No luck needed.
In cricketing terms, having pick 2 is a good toss to lose.
All the pressure is on the Crows. I agree with Rendell, Crows unlikely to pick Hollands which means that we can choose between a gun mid or a gun forward or even parlay pick 2. Any Club attempting to parlay pick 1 is walking the plank. Good luck.

I know all of these trades are coming up but I still want to keep pick 2. 2nd best kid in the 2020 draft is nothing to scoff at for a rebuilding side. Imagine if we trade GC for their picks; we'd be handing them probably the best midfielder to team up alongside rowell and anderson.
Would set them up for a decade.

In the same decade we expect to challenge. Doesnt seem the brightest idea to help load them up with the best talent in the land.

what if pick 5 ends up the best player in the draft and pick 2 ends up perennially injured but we traded pick 2 to GC already for pick 5?..

what if we give GC pick 2 who ends up a beast and they nominate us to be traded back to Melb in 3 years time after GC develops them for us?.. so now we have pick 2 and pick 5..

what if an African Elephant had a fight with a Great White Shark in knee deep water who would get pick 5 and next years 1st?..

what if god was one of us, just a stranger on a bus tryin to make his way home?.. what if he threw in Liam Anthony and a 4th rounder?..

**lots of ‘what if’s’ for us in this draft eh?..**

GC posters are confident with this pick swap with us getting 5 and a future first for 2. They'll trade their other picks for this draft for future picks next year,, unless they're feeling extra generous with us.

That trade doesn’t excite me at all

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

what if pick 5 ends up the best player in the draft and pick 2 ends up perennially injured but we traded pick 2 to GC already for pick 5?..

what if we give GC pick 2 who ends up a beast and they nominate us to be traded back to Melb in 3 years time after GC develops them for us?.. so now we have pick 2 and pick 5..

what if an African Elephant had a fight with a Great White Shark in knee deep water who would get pick 5 and next years 1st?..

what if god was one of us, just a stranger on a bus tryin to make his way home?.. what if he threw in Liam Anthony and a 4th rounder?..

**lots of ‘what if’s’ for us in this draft eh?..**

First 50 picks every year might get eaten by ocean swimming elephants after they eat all the Great Whites, so we should start trading for only picks over 50.

I see we're back to lower picks dont mean much, took us all of a month. Mid ranged picks worked out great for us over the last 20 years. Why change a winning formula!!

their future first round pick and a few sweeteners.

they have picks 9,22,23.

other clubs mentioned in a pick swap for pick 2 have been Gold Coast, Essendon, GWS, Collingwood

Adelaide could start their rebuild with two young kpp in McDonald and Thilthorpe

Adelaide have a significantly bigger rebuild than North do.

This morning on the radio they are talking as if we are trading our pick 2 off the back of a comment Scott Clayton made. The recruiters with a low pick all same the same ‘no picks are off the table but it would have to be a great deal’.
Somehow it’s been interpreted as it’s going to be traded.
I would doubt very much we do trade as we have not had a pick like this since Lachie Hansen. I’m sure we will do better this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back