AFL 2020 - AFL Round 16 (no aftertiming allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

mac23

Debutant
Aug 11, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thoughts on Anderson 20+ $2.90 PB?
Racked up 23 last game and GC going in unchanged. Similar thinking to Acres. Lions stingier with the pill than Roos but could be value.

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Its like Ben Simmons shooting 3s. I just cant for the life of me understand how a professional can practice for months, let alone years and not improve.

No hyperbole id beat alot of these players for goal kicking (just a shame id fail the skin folds tests, barely score a 4.5 beep test, lack athleticism, endurance, speed, strength and marking ability. If not for these small issues id have made it LOL)
You watch Casboult and I was watching Langdon and Gawn stuttering in from 15m in the 4th qtr last week. I mean it's just farcical when you can't kick through a footy. Or kicking round the corner from 15m out or dribbling the ball along the ground on the run? It's either madness or incompetence.

Or alternatively i'm very salty when teams I back miss a few goals.

GROTTO

Hall of Famer
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I banked on a dead set quiet boring low scoring dud of a Syd-Carlton game.

Instead Its raining goals - Hallelujah. Glory be. FFS.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bets for Tomorrow

Zorko AGS $2.12 NEDS - hasn't kicked a goal since round 10, is knocking on the door though kicking 0.1, 0.2, 0.1 & 0.1 in his last four games
McStay AGS $1.85 TAB - hasn't kicked a goal last two games, gets scoring opportunities as a target nearly every match so I'll back him tomorrow
Coleman AGS $2.30 TAB - Didn't kick one on debut, does stay in the side, I'll back him to kick one this time
McInerney AGS $3 TAB - Smith is in the side, I'll back McInerney when resting forward
Ainsworth AGS $2.25 NEDS - Odds to good to ignore considering he got opportunities last game kicking 1.2
Day AGS $1.92 NEDS - Has struggled to kick goals in consecutive games this year (only done it once), no Andrews, Day and King will have it easier
King 2+ $2.90 TAB - Andrews out, like his chances to kick 2+, plenty of opportunities last game kicking 2.4
Rankine 2+ $3.75 TAB - Hasn't kicked 2+ since round 10, last two games has kicked 1.1, hoping for a similar amount of scoring opportunities
Sexton 2+ $4 TAB - Confidence growing, kicked 4 straight last game in first game back, can see him kicking 2+ consecutively for first time this year
King AGS, Sexton AGS & Rankine AGS $3.30 SB - King will benefit with Andrews out, Sexton and Rankine are Gold Coast's two most dangerous smalls up forward

BloodRet

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Sep 25, 2013
Laughing at all the minnows
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Norwich City, Detroit Pistons
Bets for Tomorrow

Zorko AGS $2.12 NEDS - hasn't kicked a goal since round 10, is knocking on the door though kicking 0.1, 0.2, 0.1 & 0.1 in his last four games
McStay AGS $1.85 TAB - hasn't kicked a goal last two games, gets scoring opportunities as a target nearly every match so I'll back him tomorrow
Coleman AGS $2.30 TAB - Didn't kick one on debut, does stay in the side, I'll back him to kick one this time
McInerney AGS $3 TAB - Smith is in the side, I'll back McInerney when resting forward
Ainsworth AGS $2.25 NEDS - Odds to good to ignore considering he got opportunities last game kicking 1.2
Day AGS $1.92 NEDS - Has struggled to kick goals in consecutive games this year (only done it once), no Andrews, Day and King will have it easier
King 2+ $2.90 TAB - Andrews out, like his chances to kick 2+, plenty of opportunities last game kicking 2.4
Rankine 2+ $3.75 TAB - Hasn't kicked 2+ since round 10, last two games has kicked 1.1, hoping for a similar amount of scoring opportunities
Sexton 2+ $4 TAB - Confidence growing, kicked 4 straight last game in first game back, can see him kicking 2+ consecutively for first time this year
King AGS, Sexton AGS & Rankine AGS $3.30 SB - King will benefit with Andrews out, Sexton and Rankine are Gold Coast's two most dangerous smalls up forward
I think the lay of the day tomorrow is the Big O. With Smith in the side as you pointed out, I immediately went to check on his odds on sportsbet for multiples but the ratbags haven't listed him which is annoying. $3 any time is unreal and almost worth a large-ish punt.

Robo87

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the lay of the day tomorrow is the Big O. With Smith in the side as you pointed out, I immediately went to check on his odds on sportsbet for multiples but the ratbags haven't listed him which is annoying. $3 any time is unreal and almost worth a large-ish punt.
if Beteasy still existed we would have found him listed!!! :mad:
so much for "all your betting options are moving to sportsbet"

also, $25 max -cameron and rankine both to kick a goal @2 PB

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BloodRet

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Sep 25, 2013
Laughing at all the minnows
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Norwich City, Detroit Pistons
$80 on Mcinerney AGS @2.60 lads (TAB account frozen)

King 2
Mcstay
Rankine
@7.25 SB

King 2@2.50
Rankine 2@3.30
Sexton 2@3.75

Don't usually do singles like that. You'd expect at least one of them to kick 2 but we'll see how it plays out. Also SGM into 33.75.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Neale is $3 AGS at Neds.

I don't have a Neds account, though. Just thought I'd mention it. Seems decent.
Do like the value here, thanks! I've had a look, he's kicked at least one goal in eight out of his first eleven matches and hasn't kicked a goal in his last three matches so yeah think he's capable of hitting the scoreboard again soon. Worth a punt.

mouncey2franklin

Premiership Player
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No cricket thread that I can see so I'll post it here.

Malan top Eng runscorer into Wade top Aus runscorer @ 16 (lads).

Wade hit 50 in the warmup match, Malan is in terrific form.

NYRB

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Perth Glory, Wildcats
Gold Coast are 3 wins , 11 losses at the GABBA

Games between the 2 are traditionally high scoring. The only thing holding me back from placing a bigger bet on overs, is the conditions are overcast. GABBA less dewier than Metricon.

iluvparis

Hall of Famer
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
You watch Casboult and I was watching Langdon and Gawn stuttering in from 15m in the 4th qtr last week. I mean it's just farcical when you can't kick through a footy. Or kicking round the corner from 15m out or dribbling the ball along the ground on the run? It's either madness or incompetence.

Or alternatively i'm very salty when teams I back miss a few goals.
It is completely unacceptable - it would be like going to your boss and saying

'yeah that report that was due today - I'd done all the hard work and it was basically finished but instead of hitting Ctrl-S I accidentally hit ctrl-alt-delete and now its all gone'

GROTTO

Hall of Famer
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The New Zealand TAB has Mitch Robinson 15+ disposals and Ben Ainsworth 15+ Disposals for $3.00. I've taken a nibble of that.
Just curious do you get better odds with NZ TAB in general?

In South Australia, we got slightly better odds with teams playing SA teams, which probably reflects the market movement locally.

NYRB

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Just curious do you get better odds with NZ TAB in general?

In South Australia, we got slightly better odds with teams playing SA teams, which probably reflects the market movement locally.
Nah it’s generally $hit . Look at the goalscorer markets for tonight from NZ TAB. I reckon what they do , is have a sneak at Sportsbet prices and then adjust it down a bit .
0ECE5942-7747-4A2C-90E6-D24542EF4A6B.jpeg

NYRB

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Swans to win by 40+ points or more paying $2.37, up by 39 points as I speak

Seen worser $2.37 shots before.

Carlton not come to play today.

This is one of the worst predictions for live betting in AFL this season. I totally jinxed it when Sydney were 39 points up last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Bottom