Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

*Key Dates subject to change

Monday August 3
AFLW Sign & Trade Period commences (12pm)

Wednesday August 12
Trade period closes (2pm) AFLW List Lodgement # 1 (4pm)

Monday August 17
Re-signing and Restricted Free Agent period closes (2pm) AFLW List Lodgement # 2 (4pm)

Friday August 21
Delisted Free Agent period closes (2pm) AFLW List Lodgement # 3 (4pm)
AFLW Draft order confirmed

FIRST ROUND

1 Richmond
2 West Coast Eagles
3 Western Bulldogs
4 Adelaide Crows
5 Geelong Cats
6 St Kilda
7 Gold Coast SUNS
8 Brisbane Lions
9 GWS GIANTS
10 Collingwood
11 Melbourne
12 Carlton
13 North Melbourne
14 Fremantle
15 Richmond
16 West Coast Eagles

SECOND ROUND
17 Richmond
18 West Coast Eagles
19 Western Bulldogs
20 Adelaide Crows
21 Geelong Cats
22 St Kilda
23 Gold Coast SUNS
24 Brisbane Lions
25 GWS GIANTS
26 Collingwood
27 Melbourne
28 Carlton
29 North Melbourne
30 Fremantle

THIRD ROUND
31 Richmond
32 West Coast Eagles
33 Western Bulldogs
34 Adelaide Crows
35 Geelong Cats
36 St Kilda
37 Gold Coast SUNS
38 Brisbane Lions
39 GWS GIANTS
40 Collingwood
41 Melbourne
42 Carlton
43 North Melbourne
44 Fremantle

GalaxyBlue

All Australian
Apr 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
So Richmond and West Coast need to use their concession picks 15 and 16 respectively as part of a trade to bring in established talent - they can't take them to the draft. Will be interesting to see who they might target.

drunkill

Club Legend
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
O'Dea to us?

Former Melbourne women’s captain Elise O’Dea could be on her way to Carlton as the Demons look to reinvigorate their AFLW list.

Dual All-Australian O’Dea, 28, is contracted for the 2021 season but weighing up requesting a trade to the Blues ahead of the AFLW sign and trade period which begins on August 3.

Edit: JJoanne Doonan has been delisted as well. No doubt an issue given she probably can't back to Aus before the next season anyway, a shame.

The Blues have told Irishwoman Joanne Doonan that she will not be offered a contract for next year. Her manager Jason Hill said Carlton had originally indicated they were likely to retain Doonan but had changed their tune in recent days.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
So Richmond and West Coast need to use their concession picks 15 and 16 respectively as part of a trade to bring in established talent - they can't take them to the draft. Will be interesting to see who they might target.
It seems like we might trade Sarah Hosking to Richmond for pick 15 and on trade that to Melbourne for O'Dea. It's a shame to see Sarah leaving as she is such a heart and soul player and I loved her ferocity out there, I think her contribution to the side extended beyond just her on field actions. But I would think that O'Dea is a more polished player and possesses leadership qualities too so it's probably an overall win.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Van Dyk is honestly not a huge loss either, and reflects that we need genuine KPDs and genuine outside runners. Guerin meets the criteria for an outside runner, but needs to refine her kicking and game sense.

If we wind up with O'Dea, Guerin and change for Van Dyk and Hosking, I'm on board with that.

Nuffies on Facebook attacking the club over the Sarah Hosking trade. We don't know if she was pushed or jumped. Hope we hold on to Jess though. She was awesome down back. Better than Sarah last season IMO.

Will have to find a battering ram to replace Loynes soon.

GalaxyBlue

All Australian
Apr 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Just reading her latest Instagram post, and sounds like it was a hard decision for her. Has a lot of love for the club and everyone involved. You’re right, we don’t know the circumstances so we shouldn’t judge.

But if we get O’Dea as is sounding likely, that should more than make up for this loss (as other posters have mentioned).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All class indeed.

While I think Jimmae is right and it won't hurt too much from a pure football talent perspective, Sarah seemed like a bit of a "glue that binds" type, so I hope her departure doesn't hurt from a unity or team ethos perspective.

Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah, it seems like she has been given an offer she couldn’t refuse by Richmond. A combination of a senior on field role and prominent off field role as well as decent coin which is fair enough. The women aren’t tossing up offers of $650,000 vs $750,000 which at the end of the day don’t make that much of a difference to quality of life when compared to an offer of $15,000 vs $45,000, which is a game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Pick 36 is Victorian pick 21, so a bit of an upgrade with that third round swap.
Bit of a nothing trade for us.

Hopefully we were just trying to do the right thing by van Dyke. I actually thought she was good in patches.

I hope the talent pool runs deep enough for this trade to be worthwhile for us.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

drunkill

Club Legend
May 16, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Bit of a nothing trade for us.

Hopefully we were just trying to do the right thing by van Dyke. I actually thought she was good in patches.

I hope the talent pool runs deep enough for this trade to be worthwhile for us.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
She was injured for a bit and we've got Laloifi and Wilson who take her spot anyway, she's good but wasn't going to be best 21 for us over those two and harrington.

Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
She was injured for a bit and we've got Laloifi and Wilson who take her spot anyway, she's good but wasn't going to be best 21 for us over those two and harrington.
Brooke Vernon too, and Jones is promising if she can condition her body for the standard.

We need running defenders and outside runners more than anything right now.

Back