2021 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't flat win the thirds last year? That would suggest they have good juniors coming through.

As Gg rides again points out, every other club can manage in the state, why can't flat. It suggests that flat don't know what a semi-professional environment is for a footy club.

How many of the recruits are staying on that put them over?, Why isn't the premiership 3rds coach no longer involved in the club? How is this the sign of a well run club
Bennett and the Football Manager would be at the Centre of the blame for me. Hilux made reference suggesting their are other Club's throwing money under the table. Maybe but they are atleast smart enough to throw it under the table not on the table to get done. They normally only audit the two Grand Finalists so it wouldn't have been hard to change some figures not face penalties and escapefurther loss of credibility and then manage things better going forward.

What an ignorant and self-righteous post. Do you know how hard it is for clubs in the bottom half of every league to match it against the top team who are invariably privileged by strong juniors?

To suggest the committee should stand down assumes that there are more volunteers waiting to take their spot. I don't know of footy club in Australia that has a waiting list for volunteers.

Yes, Flat stuffed up, but to have a post like this obviously shows you have no connection to a club and do not know how hard it is to run volunteer football clubs is a semi-professional environment.
One of flats past junior treasurer's now senior involved wasn't exactly volunteering if anyone cheeked the books.

Just saying.

Bennett and the Football Manager would be at the Centre of the blame for me. Hilux made reference suggesting their are other Club's throwing money under the table. Maybe but they are atleast smart enough to throw it under the table not on the table to get done. They normally only audit the two Grand Finalists so it wouldn't have been hard to change some figures not face penalties and escapefurther loss of credibility and then manage things better going forward.
Under the table is deliberate cheating. On the table simply suggests incompetence, particularly if they have self-reported as someone has suggested ...

Wonder if Flaz is already regretting his appointment?

Rob Bennett had nothing to do with negotiating increases in payments to existing players and that’s where the issue lays. Someone at the club approved increases to some existing players without advising all parties. Some were massive increases to blokes who had proven nothing at Bendigo footy level

Rob Bennett had nothing to do with negotiating increases in payments to existing players and that’s where the issue lays. Someone at the club approved increases to some existing players without advising all parties. Some were massive increases to blokes who had proven nothing at Bendigo footy level
Hey roota, how can Flat be over when these blokes hardly played? Contracts include injury in the workplace but it seems odd.

Hey roota, how can Flat be over when these blokes hardly played? Contracts include injury in the workplace but it seems odd.

Because they went berserk on increases to plodders that demanded them otherwise they were leaving. The salary cap issue wasn’t due to the payments to the new blokes coming in..it was the increases that only one or 2 people knew about

What an ignorant and self-righteous post. Do you know how hard it is for clubs in the bottom half of every league to match it against the top team who are invariably privileged by strong juniors?

To suggest the committee should stand down assumes that there are more volunteers waiting to take their spot. I don't know of footy club in Australia that has a waiting list for volunteers.

Yes, Flat stuffed up, but to have a post like this obviously shows you have no connection to a club and do not know how hard it is to run volunteer football clubs is a semi-professional environment.
What position did you hold on the committee in 2019?

Because they went berserk on increases to plodders that demanded them otherwise they were leaving. The salary cap issue wasn’t due to the payments to the new blokes coming in..it was the increases that only one or 2 people knew about
Hard to believe. You'd be talking about guys who we're on 200 getting 800/900 and a few of them remembering Greer and Boland missed 19 matches and they would have been factored in at the start.

Nup totally wrong, you wouldn’t want to know
Who were the existing players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well everyone knows under the table is cheating genius but it's happened before and will happen many times again. North Bendigo we're huge spenders under Bennett so I'd imagine that's the way he went about it at Flat as well.
The only thing I take from your post is that you think I am a genius, and that you also advocate cheating the salary cap.

Roota, you are spot on.
Bomber refused to negotiate existing players contracts due to not believing he was in a position to commenting on their previous performances and he was blown away with what they were on and what was agreed on.
- best and fairest winner $ doubled
- a number of players $ x 4
- a players contract verbally agreed the same as the previous year but mistakenly $100 per week added

Dragon fly I was at North when Bomber was there and he is the most loyal and decent person I know which is why your club has jumped to grab him...you not happy about that??

Roota, you are spot on.
Bomber refused to negotiate existing players contracts due to not believing he was in a position to commenting on their previous performances and he was blown away with what they were on and what was agreed on.
- best and fairest winner $ doubled
- a number of players $ x 4
- a players contract verbally agreed the same as the previous year but mistakenly $100 per week added

Dragon fly I was at North when Bomber was there and he is the most loyal and decent person I know which is why your club has jumped to grab him...you not happy about that??
He won't be managing the Budget as a Line Coach I wouldn't have thought so no concerns from my end. You seem to know alot about the Payments at Flat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back