Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

and as payback for hately. Guarantee it, me think.
No, if they see him as best available KPD prospect on their draft board rankings at that point and with Denver Grainger-Barass, Nikolas Cox and Zach Reid almost certainly off the table by GWS's 3rd pick he may come into their thinking at some point. "MAY"

We would use 9 to go down, not up.

The only way to go up would be if someone was really into getting our 2021 first.

I'm sure Collingwood would be interested in moving up to 9, and GWS would as well.
Would do 9 for collingwood’s 14 and 2021 1st..

Very similar to last years deal with GWS and I cant see the pies being a happy cohesive team next year.. they’ll probably finish outside the 8.. between 9 and 13th I reacon...

and they aint gonna care about next years first because it will probably get gobbled up matching for young Daicos..

No, if they see him as best available KPD prospect on their draft board rankings at that point and with Denver Grainger-Barass, Nikolas Cox and Zach Reid almost certainly off the table by GWS's 3rd pick he may come into their thinking at some point. "MAY"
You rate Cox>Reid, or Reid>Cox?

Reckon he gets his info from recruiters. Closer it gets to the draft the more accurate he is with his draft predictions

bit like last year when he had us taking Massey a day or 2 before the draft
Yeah Emma used to be like that. More about their connections and getting the order right a day or two out rather than a judge of talent.

Very similar to last years deal with GWS and I cant see the pies being a happy cohesive team next year.. they’ll probably finish outside the 8.. between 9 and 13th I reacon...

and they aint gonna care about next years first because it will probably get gobbled up matching for young Daicos..

That sounds feasible, but add maybe 16 for22 and 23.
adelaide out 9, 22,23
in 14, 16, future first

leaves us 1, 14, 16, 40, 80

we would need to give up something else.

That sounds feasible, but add maybe 16 for22 and 23.
adelaide out 9, 22,23
in 14, 16, future first

leaves us 1, 14, 16, 40, 80

also appears we r going SA flavour, hately, hinge, next will be thrillthorpe, Hollands

cal said Adelaide trying move back a few spots, but no takers. What does that imply, and add 90 min meeting, Thrillthorpe we will be taking. Or maybe hollands.

So I would say it’s now hollands or thrillthorpe, edging towards the latter, but hope Hollands

i thought it was LM but probably not now given this

also appears we r going SA flavour, hately, hinge, next will be thrillthorpe, Hollands

cal said Adelaide trying move back a few spots, but no takers. What does that imply, and add 90 min meeting, Thrillthorpe we will be taking. Or maybe hollands.

So I would say it’s now hollands or thrillthorpe, edging towards the latter, but hope Hollands

i thought it was LM but probably not now given this
Or more likely deciding between Hollands and McDonald for 1, and knowing Thilthorpe will slip to 9 nicksy spent plenty of time with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pedlar talk quietened down a bit ?
I think he's a near on certainty to get drafted probably in the back half of the draft, would be an absolute steal as a rookie if he falls that far.

A lot on how high he goes will depend on his injuries status I guess.

1: Denver Grainger-Barras
9: Heath Chapman
22: Errol Gulden (Sydney don't match)
23: Traded for future 1st and pick 58
40: Tom Highmore
58: Sam Collins
You can be such a child at times.

The year Hamish gets a top 5 pick and we cant get access to half of the top 10 or there's a genuine ? over the other half.

JUH Academy
McDonald Most KPF in top 3 have been busts.
Tilthorpe Most KPF in top 3 have been busts. Groin issues OP?
Hollands Knee Reco
Phillips Flight Risk
DGB Key Defender not pick 1
Campbell Academy
Bruhns Serious injuries and hasnt played for 2 years
Jones Academy
Davies Academy
Henry Flight Risk

Conclusion follow the 2006 draft and take the gun mids that had knee issues over the talls.
Pick 2 Gumbleton,
Pick 3 Hansen
Pick 4 Leuenberger
Pick 6 Thorpe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back