Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

There is only 1 F/S nomination, and it happens before the ND. This year, the nomination date was yesterday.

I don't know which article you were referring to, but either it was wrong, or (more likely) your interpretation of it was wrong.

Those discussions about having to take Ben & Jackson with our last picks were referring to the RD, not the ND.
No, the rules have changed since Ben Jarman's draft.

I don't think she's here - is she? I thought she was born here.
AFL Draft Chris Doerre Knightmare Who should the Crows pick at Number 1?
https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...t-************-knightmare-crows-pick-number-1
Says his mother is from South Australia and LM visits the state yearly. Not sure if that is with his mother to visit family or whether she lives here. Either way he has relatives here which is a bonus.

"His football is improving rapidly, and he should be regarded a tier above Thilthorpe."

Last edited:
FAITH hope you’re right re: Thilthorpe
You thinking like Fogarty he’s rated higher in SA than other states in his draft year?
Or inside word??

Just can’t see Essendon passing on him
- Hurley and Hooker getting older, Bellchambers and Daniher gone
- delisted Smack

They have bugger all tall depth
The absolute earliest I see him going is essendon at 8 which is one of the reasons I wasn't gonna take the bet, but I've hear essendon are more into Reid 202cm ,Cox 200 cm and Perkins.

Wouldn't surprise me if we overlook Thilthorpe at 9 is someone like Bruhn is available too.

The absolute earliest I see him going is essendon at 8 which is one of the reasons I wasn't gonna take the bet, but I've hear essendon are more into Reid 202cm ,Cox 200 cm and Perkins.

Wouldn't surprise me if we overlook Thilthorpe at 9 is someone like Bruhn is available too.
if we take mcdonald at 1 theres no we'd pick thilthorpe at 9.

if its hollands at 1 then we'd take thilthorpe.

Big Footy Phantom Draft up & running ..... Thunderstruck choosing for us

1606291098281.png

I'm getting sniped by those 2 fools, so I'll snipe back.

And yes that's true, but it's a very strange thing to compare
Yes I know, I can see and I can understand.

In re: Mackay its not. Its actually scary to think of the shape he was in when first drafted.

if we take mcdonald at 1 theres no we'd pick thilthorpe at 9.

if its hollands at 1 then we'd take thilthorpe.
Depends on how they see Fogarty and Himmelberg. They could very well take both LM &TT( if available ) if they dont't have much belief in Fogarty and Himmelberg. Where do Worrell and McAsey fit into all of this as well? To me Worrell looks like more of a forward and McAsey a back. Alternatively they could both play down back.

Depends on how they see Fogarty and Himmelberg. They could very well take both LM &TT( if available ) if they dont't have much belief in Fogarty and Himmelberg. Where do Worrell and McAsey fit into all of this as well? To me Worrell looks like more of a forward and McAsey a back. Alternatively they could both play down back.
fogarty has the talent. he just needs a big pre season. he would know he needs to get more touches.

himmelberg is still a big question mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think it will look a little like this? I'd be surprised if Essendon would pass on Thilthorpe.

1. McDonald (Adel)
2. Ugle-Hagan (WB - NGA)
3. Hollands (Nth)
4. Grainger-Barass (Syd)
5. Phillips (Haw)
6. Chapman (GC)
7. Campbell (Syd - NGA)
8. Perkins (Ess)
9. Cox (Ess)
10. Reid (Ess)
11. Jones (PA - NGA)
12. Thilthorpe (Adel)

Do you think it will look a little like this? I'd be surprised if Essendon would pass on Thilthorpe.

1. McDonald (Adel)
2. Ugle-Hagan (WB - NGA)
3. Hollands (Nth)
4. Grainger-Barass (Syd)
5. Phillips (Haw)
6. Chapman (GC)
7. Campbell (Syd - NGA)
8. Perkins (Ess)
9. Cox (Ess)
10. Reid (Ess)
11. Jones (PA - NGA)
12. Thilthorpe (Adel)
You think the Dons would take 2 200cm players and not take another mid or mid/forward?

1. McDonald (Adel)
2. Ugle-Hagan (WB - NGA)
3. Hollands (Nth)
4. Grainger-Barass (Syd)
5. Phillips (Haw)
6. Chapman (GC)
7. Campbell (Syd - NGA)
8. Perkins (Ess)
9. Cox (Ess)
10. Reid (Ess)
11. Jones (PA - NGA)
12. Thilthorpe (Adel)
I don't know if ess will take both Reid and Cox or just 1, or if Adelaide take hollands or McDonald.
It looks pretty good though.

*I would throw Henry into the mix for essendon too

If we took McDonald at #1 and Thilthorpe was available at #9, I'd still draft him there.

If you get both, along with McAsey, your talls (should) be set for the next 10 years. Use 22 & 23 for mids.
Use next years picks for mids. Trade in a mid. Anything. But if I had the opportunity to get both talls this year? I'm doing it.

Surely not
If he’s there we’ll take him I think

I have it if he slides
(Can switch Hollands/McDonald around either way)

Ade - 1. Hollands
NM- 2. McDonald
Syd-3. Grainger-Barass
Syd-4. Campbell bid matched
WBD-5. JUH bid matched
Haw-6. Phillips
GCS-7. Davies
ESS-8. Bruhn
ESS-9. Cox
ESS-10. Perkins
PA-11. Jones bid matched
Ade-12. Thilthorpe