2020 Formula One

Remove this Banner Ad

With a July 5th proposed start to the season it will be interesting to see if the Australia/WA government grants Ricciardo an exemption to travel out of the country.

According to Home Affairs :

The only point I can see any wriggle room might be on the "national interest" point.
He will apply.
Exemption will be granted.
And as punishment for leaving Australia he will be forced to drive a Renault.

The 2nd race is going to be pretty boring
Only way of saving it will be if it rains (or they implement one of Bernie's old ideas and install sprinklers around the track 😂)

Not even a reverse grid would make it interesting, because unlike all the e-racing that's been happening, there won't be carnage in an irl reverse grid race

Only way of saving it will be if it rains (or they implement one of Bernie's old ideas and install sprinklers around the track 😂)

Not even a reverse grid would make it interesting, because unlike all the e-racing that's been happening, there won't be carnage in an irl reverse grid race
I find it bizarre.they would do this, if the qually grid and race starts replicate the 1st race everyone will be turning off by 10 laps into the race.

I know we all sit around waiting for something to happen and it never does but knowing the result before it happens is a buzz kill.

So with the latest news that Williams are exploring options of selling the team, someone worked out exactly what it would cost to crowdfund Williams as a title sponsor. Turns out that it could be achievable, and as per the stickied comment, the subreddit mods are actually reaching out to Williams re: crowdfunding.

Interesting times, I would totally jump on board if it turns out that it might actually happen!

Got to admit, the idea of this is kind of intriguing. A weird kind of ownership of an F1 team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Lewis calling out F1 over the George Floyd issue?
Same with most Lewis things.
Beneath the surface he certainly makes a good point (F1 doesn't do diversity well), but his extreme wealth and privilege make it hard to take his statements as anything more than "look how woke I am guys" virtue signalling.

Beneath the surface he certainly makes a good point (F1 doesn't do diversity well), but his extreme wealth and privilege make it hard to take his statements as anything more than "look how woke I am guys" virtue signalling.

But, but, little boy from Stevenage, humble beginnings, etc etc.

All forgotten when his bestie Justin Bieber embraces him after winning Monaco.

Reverse grid races would be entertaining As a gimmick, couldn't really have it count towards a championship though.

Still don't see what else then can do to stop back to back races being a boring snooze fest, surely can't just run two identical races back to back.

I'd be thinking about doing a qually one shot in championship order, has to be in the dry though. Have them all start 10 seconds apart Merc first Williams last.

Reverse grid races would be entertaining As a gimmick, couldn't really have it count towards a championship though.

Still don't see what else then can do to stop back to back races being a boring snooze fest, surely can't just run two identical races back to back.

I'd be thinking about doing a qually one shot in championship order, has to be in the dry though. Have them all start 10 seconds apart Merc first Williams last.

Isn't the reverse grid race meant to replace qualifying? ie to determine the grid for the race?

He was also happy to play the race card over justified penalties, someone who truly understood struggles being protested probably wouldn't be using the race card on something like that. Lewis comes first as always and sadly this is probably more about him wanting the attention than anything, just like most of the privlidged celebrities.

Yes but it's a s**t way to do it, one shot qually would be a much more interesting way to do it and would change the grid order enough to make the 2nd race interesting.

Yeah.
The 2003 format for qualifying tended to mix things up. One mistake and you've got a Verstappen in 15th.

Reminds me of the time when Jos Verstappen was P1 after a wet/dry Friday qualifying in Magny Cours in a Minardi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back