Official Club Stuff 2020 Leon Davis Medal - congrats Patrick Dangerfield

Leon Davis Medal winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not even kidding, it's absolutely time to change this to 'the Gary Rohan medal'.

Rohan was sh*t but that's not surprising. Dude never plays well in the big mments.

Dangerflog was hyped up as the big gun, who's fought so hard to reach a GF......and spudded it up spectacularly.

Looked more interested in sniping at one point during the first.

Anyone who voted Rohan should be strongly advised to switch their vote
That’s literally what I based my vote on lol. We all know Rohan is s**t, especially in big games. Dangerfield literally said this week he wanted to have his own stories to share about his grand final win, but when his team needed him the most last night, he ****ed off and went MIA.

That’s literally what I based my vote on lol. We all know Rohan is sh*t, especially in big games. Dangerfield literally said this week he wanted to have his own stories to share about his grand final win, but when his team needed him the most last night, he f’ed off and went MIA.
He did the exact same last year too in the prelim, like he thought his first half effort was enough to make a GF.

I still reckon Lynch should have at least made the poll.

He did the exact same last year too in the prelim, like he thought his first half effort was enough to make a GF.

I still reckon Lynch should have at least made the poll.
I reckon the result saved Lynch tbh, he probably would’ve polled a few votes if his team lost.

Leon Davis:

2002: 0 possessions, 3 tackles
2003: 10 possessions (1 Clanger) 1 goal
2010: 6 possessions ( 2 clangers) 1 goal
2011: 20 possessions, 11 tackles

Arguing it should be named after Rohan is like saying 1360 > 537 wHy isN’t iT cALLeD tHe LocKeTt mEDaL

Anyone who remembers Leon knows why it’s called the Leon

Leon Davis:

2002: 0 possessions, 3 tackles
2003: 10 possessions (1 Clanger) 1 goal
2010: 6 possessions ( 2 clangers) 1 goal
2011: 20 possessions, 11 tackles

Arguing it should be named after Rohan is like saying 1360 > 537 wHy isN’t iT cALLeD tHe LocKeTt mEDaL

Anyone who remembers Leon knows why it’s called the Leon

I didn't realise how bad his first 3 were. However, that 2011 ALMOST makes up for it. If only Collingwood had won he may have lifted the curse.

Changing my vote.

After some serious thought ... Gary Rohan was always going to be the worst player on the ground. His finals record is abysmal. So the reality of the situation is he actually played to his final capabilities. There was no expectation on him other than just being bad.

Now Dangerfraud is a different story. He is a match winner who played well below his expectations. Other than take out the Astronaut is 12 disposals were well below par. He was totally overwhelmed by the occasion

Can anybody tell me how Xavier Richards didn't win in 2016? Worst player to ever step foot on the field on grand final day.

Can anybody tell me how Xavier Richards didn't win in 2016? Worst player to ever step foot on the field on grand final day.
Probably because unlike Tippett/Rohan no-one knew who he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've watched the 2016 GF lots of times and can assure you that Kurt Tippett was the worst player on the day.

I've watched the 2016 GF lots of times and can assure you that Kurt Tippett was the worst player on the day.
There were a few shithouse sydney players that day.

Kennedys back must have been rooted trying to carry those spuds in the first half.

Problem with the description “worst on” as the award for the Leon is its ambiguity.

if the spirit is “least effective” then it’s Rohan in a landslide.

but if it’s “most counterproductive” then you’d have to go Danger.
The least effective was Lynch according to Champion Data.

Dangerfield for level of expectation vs output, level of entitlement and showing more aggression towards Vlastuin than he did the ball.
But Rohan will win based on overall Grand Final performances.

Last edited:
Dangerfield for level of expectation
Lynch, Reiwoldt or Hawkins based on that criteria.

Lynch - million dollar man
Jack - most silver plattered forward in the comp
Hawkins - Coleman medalist

I know Dangerfield is the people’s choice because of his profile but he at least had some say in the game.

I didn't realise how bad his first 3 were. However, that 2011 ALMOST makes up for it. If only Collingwood had won he may have lifted the curse.

In 2011 he was playing the chipscab HBF role. His direct opponent Varcoe kicked 3 goals and was in Geelong's best. Even Leon's best game on paper was poor in reality.

Because that useless oaf Tippett was dreadful.

Problem with the description “worst on” as the award for the Leon is its ambiguity.

if the spirit is “least effective” then it’s Rohan in a landslide.

but if it’s “most counterproductive” then you’d have to go Danger.

2018 (Sidebottom) and 2019 (Finlayson) represent both of those different measures of WOG. Reckon it's just done on the general 'feel' based on how the game played out.

It's why people assume Rohan has won before because of the stat sheet, but at the time it was voted there was no discussion that the wrong call was made

Champion Data also rated Melbourne the best list in the comp last year.

Champion Data's rankings have less credibility than Roby's Power Rankings.

Lynch, Reiwoldt or Hawkins based on that criteria.

Lynch - million dollar man
Jack - most silver plattered forward in the comp
Hawkins - Coleman medalist

I know Dangerfield is the people’s choice because of his profile but he at least had some say in the game.

Danger's biggest say in the game was the elbow that put Vlastuin out. :$

Back