List Mgmt. 2020 List Management II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be sad to see SOS go , I thought he was pretty handy last year , love the way he plays , has the smarts

Don’t see it with mcreadie as well , we won’t regret it because no one will pick him up

Williams ain’t elite but agree with Someone else , he will probably be the best offseason get

Moore still on the list how ?

Is the reported 900k too much? I loved him for GWS in the middle during last yr's finals, but was hoping we would get him cheaper than that.

I don't think he's on 900k, I think 750-800k is more realistic, but even if he is on 900k that's the price you have to pay to get FA's.

Mostly agree. I'm just thinking that it's Ed or Graham - not Ed and Graham in best 22. Graham is young - I think he has the capacity to lift his possession numbers.

Cycling Martin and Williams through stoppages makes us a lot more interesting. The 'mix' already looks a lot better with Williams addition.
As I said in my original post Graham has mainly been used in defensive roles but I believe he has huge upside offensively as he has a good tank, he’s a good kick, reasonable speed and can play multiple roles including the wing, just because Richmond have a lot of offensive players and therefore use Graham more defensively doesn’t mean that he can’t be more of an offensive piece in another side, which I think he can develop into a more offensive version of Ed or as I stated a hybrid of Ed and Murph.

Getting williams to nominate so quickly puts some perspective on Simmo's departure. Could perhaps have gone around again but with doc, willo, newman, marchbank and polson all vying for a spot, williams to potentially play there at times, it might have been an abrupt end for kade.
We may be accomodating saad too if the rumours are to be believed.
Right time to go for Simmo I reckon.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

IMO we havent chased williams to become another HBF. He will be in our midfield

Don't think trading away Josh Kennedy hurted the Hawks or their culture at all really. I like Jack too bit we can't be sentimental about list management issues.
Nothing to do with sentiment on my part, Jack has great attributes that we need and that we will, in the end, regret losing.

Great graphic. I love that, they have had the most 1v1s and have the highest win rate. I presume this shows only the best defenders in the comp, because I refuse to believe that Plowman is the worst 1v1 general defender.

To lose only 8% of your 1v1s and to take many intercept marks and be generally a good kick coming out of defence is remarkable. Baffled that Jones isn't spoken about more.

Great graphic. I love that, they have had the most 1v1s and have the highest win rate. I presume this shows only the best defenders in the comp, because I refuse to believe that Plowman is the worst 1v1 general defender.

To lose only 8% of your 1v1s and to take many intercept marks and be generally a good kick coming out of defence is remarkable. Baffled that Jones isn't spoken about more.

Not enough love for Plowman.

I agree. I will say, though, that raising one's possession count by 2-3 is a believable thing over the space of a year or two; raising it by 5-7 is wishful thinking. Over his career, Graham has averaged 15.1 disposals a game. It's not enough for a full time mid.
But he’s never really played as a full time mid at Richmond and he’s still only 22 Geth, been used defensively when played as a mid and spent a lot of time forward and some on a wing, has attributes we need especially with an aging Murph and Ed to replace, I think he could be used in a more offensive role by us while still retaining his defensive attributes, plus he has the trench warrior mentality which we desperately need. I just think he is the exact young under utilised resource that we should be looking for to improve our list and could develop into a very good player in our side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Means nothing really cause we get scored on easier than any other side so where is it going wrong

Midfield don't run both ways so the opposition midfield can just overlap run and get easy forward 50 entries. It's why Weiters and Jones have waaaaaaay more 1v1's compared to the rest of that list, they just get it bombed on top of their their heads game after game.

Midfield don't run both ways so the opposition midfield can just overlap run and get easy forward 50 entries. It's why Weiters and Jones have waaaaaaay more 1v1's compared to the rest of that list, they just get it bombed on top of their their heads game after game.
Yep exactly and we get smashed at ground level and that's why its always the opposition small forwards and midfielders that kick all the goals against us

But he’s never really played as a full time mid at Richmond and he’s still only 22 Geth, been used defensively when played as a mid and spent a lot of time forward and some on a wing, has attributes we need especially with an aging Murph and Ed to replace, I think he could be used in a more offensive role by us while still retaining his defensive attributes, plus he has the trench warrior mentality which we desperately need. I just think he is the exact young under utilised resource that we should be looking for to improve our list and could develop into a very good player in our side.
... and so do I. I just don't want him in isolation. He'd be a magnificent complement to someone like Murphy; someone who can certainly get the ball outside and inside, but isn't able to tackle like he can.

And I do not think he'd provide more than - say - Viney or Merrett would, even if he'd be cheaper in the latter's case.

The other thing with Sam Mcclure is that he has a bit of shock jock in him. So when he says proactive things.. Like Jsos wants to go.. Then I think he is stirring the pit.

I could also be in denial haha
He does generally get good mail about Carlton, unfortunately - I hope that he's off in this instance though.

This, as we all know the midfield is too slow. I think we also open ourselves up for turnovers. We play in an attacking manner to try and manufacture scores and then get smashed on the way back.

That graph is an absolute indictment on ... something at the club :huh:

I don't know what it is .. midfield defensive run? All around pressure? Zone system?

No way our two key defenders should be having to go nearly TWICE the average 1-on-1 contests as other defensive key players!

OR .... does this mean we're better defensively due to forcing our opponents to kick to a contest? :think:

I have no idea.

And ... Plowman ... the haters ... wait for it... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This, as we all know the midfield is too slow. I think we also open ourselves up for turnovers. We play in an attacking manner to try and manufacture scores and then get smashed on the way back.
It's more of a speed/endurance issue. We run out of gas, and thus our spread after winning the ball back sucks and we don't nail our kicks so readily.

Williams helps immensely with that, but more work to be done.

It's more of a speed/endurance issue. We run out of gas, and thus our spread after winning the ball back sucks and we don't nail our kicks so readily.

Hopefully Walsh plays full time mid next year, he would also help a bunch with this issue.

I think it's also positioning and how we set up around the contest. The opposition often seems to receive the ball from the contest in more space, then they have more time to dispose of it to their advantage.

And it's not just due to our mids, I think the half forwards have to take some of the blame too. A few HBFs have cut us up.

That graph is an absolute indictment on ... something at the club :huh:

I don't know what it is .. midfield defensive run? All around pressure? Zone system?

No way our two key defenders should be having to go nearly TWICE the average 1on1 contests as other defensive key players!

And ... Plowman ... the haters ... wait for it... :rolleyes:

This is the main take away point I get from this graph as well. Weiters and Jones had very good years but why are our key backs facing so many 1 on 1s. I always find myself wondering why we take so few intercept marks in D50 when watching our games or having a second defender cut across to help out. There were times when Doch was loose man in defence but his impact really dropped off this year. We only tried McGovern as loose man in the last game and that went horribly wrong while Ah Chee had a career best night playing the same role at the other end. On the plus side it's a clear area that we have real scope to improve and if we get Doch, Gov or Marchbank firing in the role it could help massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back