Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

yep great idea make it worse
The point being made is that with the best memberships numbers and crowds we've ever had, the club still fails to be profitable, get a favourable fixture or draw in sponsorship dollars. Exactly how many members do we need to make a substantial profit? Is it 80,000? 100,000?

If, with 60,000 members and crowds averaging in the 30,000's, we aren't making a profit, we never will.

I guess some people are just happy with mediocrity. I guess it is simpler that way for some people just to accept that this is Port Power est 1996 and not the football club that existed to win premierships. Whatever gets you by.

It's gonna be a really long haul back if the board isn't held accountable, and the only way the members can hold the club accountable under the current system is to not show up.

I'm keeping my membership but I'm unsure how many games I'll drag myself to in 2020.

If we had the ability to spill the board, I'd be 100% behind that, but we don't.
Hope you're wrong about the long haul, I seem to be in the minority but I believe we're a good chance to improve next season. One of our big issues is our starts. Fixing this alone probably wins us 2-3 games more. Obviously it's not an easy fix though. A big part of that lies with Ken.
With regard to the board, if it we could go that way I'm not sure I'd want the entire board gone. I'd like to see what Darren Cahill and Gav can do.

Hope you're wrong about the long haul, I seem to be in the minority but I believe we're a good chance to improve next season. One of our big issues is our starts. Fixing this alone probably wins us 2-3 games more. Obviously it's not an easy fix though. A big part of that lies with Ken.
With regard to the board, if it we could go that way I'm not sure I'd want the entire board gone. I'd like to see what Darren Cahill and Gav can do.
Cahill stays, the rest give them an ass whooping and send them on their way.

The point being made is that with the best memberships numbers and crowds we've ever had, the club still fails to be profitable, get a favourable fixture or draw in sponsorship dollars. Exactly how many members do we need to make a substantial profit? Is it 80,000? 100,000?

If, with 60,000 members and crowds averaging in the 30,000's, we aren't making a profit, we never will.
The problem is as soon as we put the cash in our pocket the Shitty SANFL steal it.
Here's $2,000 for Port and $8,000 to prop up a s**t competition.

I guess some people are just happy with mediocrity. I guess it is simpler that way for some people just to accept that this is Port Power est 1996 and not the football club that existed to win premierships. Whatever gets you by.

how the hell does continuing to support my club through membership is accepting mediocrity?? i am not happy about our position but i am sure as hell wont be part of the problem. if your solution it to pull your membership and when the club goes under AFL control even further or shipped of to Tassie you can be proud to say i was right! i am sure that will satisfy you.

mate things arent as bad as the dark days - sure we arent dominating the AFL but we are slowly working back from 2009 - it was always gunna be a long haul back mate

You realise we were back up and about end of 2014 with the same s**t as now "Greatest young group of youngsters ever" plus we had our core starting their primes.. we'd already worked back from 2009 - 12.

how the hell does continuing to support my club through membership is accepting mediocrity?? i am not happy about our position but i am sure as hell wont be part of the problem. if your solution it to pull your membership and when the club goes under AFL control even further or shipped of to Tassie you can be proud to say i was right! i am sure that will satisfy you.
Then continue to accept mediocrity. It is your choice. You keep happy clapping along and they keep doing what they are doing. Whatever 'Port Adelaide' this is, it may as well be a Tassie team because it is not the Port Adelaide I followed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then continue to accept mediocrity. It is your choice. You keep happy clapping along and they keep doing what they are doing. Whatever 'Port Adelaide' this is, it may as well be a Tassie team because it is not the Port Adelaide I followed

still didnt answer my question, how does paying my membership make me a happy clapper?

still didnt answer my question, how does paying my membership make me a happy clapper?
It doesn't. There wouldn't be a genuine Port supporter that could be happy with the last few seasons, where we differ is what we do about it. I'll still wine and complain when I don't like what I see, I'll just choose do that as a member but I can see some positives among the poor performances.
If supporters choose not to that's their choice. I just can't imagine not going to the footy next season, the wife and I love taking the kids, it's a staple part of our lives.

Still a 50/50 call if I downgrade to a Gen Ad or 3 gamer, or sweep in and snag one of your prime seats suddenly made available

Either way I'm not sitting where I've sat the last few years

Current financial situation is changing so regardless I'll be stopping the auto renew until I sort myself out

I'll place this in here as it'll more than likely have a large effect on season ticket prices for both clubs for next season you'd think.

It was already subsidised by the fans by an increase in the ticket price.

Do these people think we have no memory?

The problem is as soon as we put the cash in our pocket the s**tty SANFL steal it.
Here's $2,000 for Port and $8,000 to prop up a s**t competition.
Along that line of thinking, Rucci, on SEN, just addressed crowd sizes. He was responding to a text that stated Port have the 8th highest attendances in the AFL so it's "not all doom and gloom". Rucci responded by saying that may be the case, but where do they rank in home attendance profits?

He used 30,000 as an example. In Geelong, a crowd of 30,000 makes the Cats a massive profit. 30,000 at the G makes Melbourne a small profit. 30,000 at the Adelaide Oval makes Port a loss.

It was already subsidised by the fans by an increase in the ticket price.

Do these people think we have no memory?
Its always been part subsidised/paid for by the fans and part by the government

Along that line of thinking, Rucci, on SEN, just addressed crowd sizes. He was responding to a text that stated Port have the 8th highest attendances in the AFL so it's "not all doom and gloom". Rucci responded by saying that may be the case, but where do they rank in home attendance profits?

He used 30,000 as an example. In Geelong, a crowd of 30,000 makes the Cats a massive profit. 30,000 at the G makes Melbourne a small profit. 30,000 at the Adelaide Oval makes Port a loss.
Based on what? Why doesn't he ever reveal the full figures and calculations?

Seriously, that is a damming stat, no wonder we struggle.

So he's saying that we need to have 30,000 + attendance to start making a profit.

Back