Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not renewing your seats coz "Ports not winning all the time" is pathetic and you 10-15% that are fickle bandwagoners are crap supporters of our club.

The club needs you on board now more than ever, this is not the time to dessert the club of much needed monies. We will have no club if people like you dont get behind the club
Sorry m9 they are doing it to themselves...its persistent performance issues based on selection/coaching that has done me. I'll support from the sidelines until that mug is out of my club

Of course I will - yes it was a disappointing season, but that's no reason to jump off.

There is a lot to work with at the club - some players showed their worth, others struggled. Playing so many debutants at the start of the season told me that we weren't going to be able maintain consistency all season, and that's what we got.

Next year the team will be better.
1) Only one captain next year for sure
2) No water-skiing in the off-season
3) The younger players will come back fitter and stronger
4) Some older players will work out what they want to be a part of and choose accordingly

It's not all doom and gloom.

Maybe the club could put all the seats from non-renewers on-hold for them and not let them be re-assigned. That would stop the scabs.
Know your just being sarcastic but I don’t think it’s fair to hold seats.
I’m not saying that people need to or have to renew their membership‘s but if they choose not to surely they’re the ones who must take the risk.
There not scabs for not renewing they’re trying to make a point the way they think the club will listen. I don’t agree with it but I understand it.
It’s absolutely our right as a member to ensure the club is accountable, so I got no problem with people taking a stance in the best way they know how but don’t tell me then that I’m a scab because I want to buy a seat from those who don’t renew. That person can go back to barracking for the Demons women’s team.
But hey what do I know, I’m not smarter than the PAFC board, CEO and Chairman.

Last edited:

Yep - I was

I’m not saying that people need to or have to renew their membership‘s but if they choose not to surely they’re the ones who must take the risk.
Yep they do

There not scabs for not renewing they’re trying to make a point the way they think the club will listen. I don’t agree with it but I understand it.
Agreed

It’s absolutely our right as a member to ensure the club is accountable, so I got no problem with people taking a stance in the best way they know how but don’t tell me then that I’m a scab because I want to buy a seat from those who don’t renew. That person can go back to barracking for the Demons women’s team.
By not renewing they are at least being accountable for their own actions when calling for the club to be accountable and not hiding behind a forum alias.
You are not a scab if you grab a better seat. If the seats available and you want something better why not ask, for all you know the seat was always free or the person has no intention of renewing.

But hey what do I know, I’m not smarter than the PAFC board, CEO and Chairman.
At least (unlike some) you don't claim to be :)

#scabconcerns

Not renewing your seats coz "Ports not winning all the time" is pathetic and you 10-15% that are fickle bandwagoners are crap supporters of our club.

The club needs you on board now more than ever, this is not the time to dessert the club of much needed monies. We will have no club if people like you dont get behind the club

You have either not read or ignored every single word written about why people aren't renewing. A lot of these people are people that held memberships and attended every game during 2011 and 2012.

Imagine a price hike on memberships for 2020. It's totally going to happen. No doubt for those "electricity costs".

If niether of the SA sides sack their coach, we will be staring down the barrell of our worst membership return since AAMI.
Libs probably ditch the footy express too, there's another added cost

You have either not read or ignored every single word written about why people aren't renewing. A lot of these people are people that held memberships and attended every game during 2011 and 2012.

YEAH BUT SUPPORT THE TEAM BECAUSE REASONS (reasons not provided)

I feel like our moronic supporters don't understand what a bandwagoner is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course I will - yes it was a disappointing season, but that's no reason to jump off.

There is a lot to work with at the club - some players showed their worth, others struggled. Playing so many debutants at the start of the season told me that we weren't going to be able maintain consistency all season, and that's what we got.

Next year the team will be better.
1) Only one captain next year for sure
2) No water-skiing in the off-season
3) The younger players will come back fitter and stronger
4) Some older players will work out what they want to be a part of and choose accordingly

It's not all doom and gloom.

You"re The Best ******* Fan Ever

even so, get on board, lets not get back to 2011 and 2012 eh ? And FWIW things are far better todaty than where they were back then

I rang the club and cancelled my Premiership fund contribution. Why waste money on a cause that won't happen under Hinkley. Also took off my auto-renewal. The person on the line was polite and genuinely interested in my reasons. One reason and one reason only. Ken is coaching us next year.

I'm sure the club is keeping stats on the reasons supporters are withdrawing their financial support. They need to have a good understanding of how much damage their decision not to sack Ken will cost.

Last edited:
I rang the club and cancelled my Premiership fund contribution. Why waste money on a cause that won't happen under Hinckley. Also took off my auto-renewal. The person on the line was polite and genuinely interested in my reasons. One reason and one reason only. Ken is coaching us next year.

I'm sure the club is keeping stats on the reasons supporters are withdrawing their financial support. They need to have a good understanding of how much damage their decision not to sack Ken will cost.
thats it mate, take your money out the club - thats sure to make things better you genius

mate things arent as bad as the dark days - sure we arent dominating the AFL but we are slowly working back from 2009 - it was always gunna be a long haul back mate
It's gonna be a really long haul back if the board isn't held accountable, and the only way the members can hold the club accountable under the current system is to not show up.

I'm keeping my membership but I'm unsure how many games I'll drag myself to in 2020.

If we had the ability to spill the board, I'd be 100% behind that, but we don't.

I'll place this in here as it'll more than likely have a large effect on season ticket prices for both clubs for next season you'd think.

thats it mate, take your money out the club - thats sure to make things better you genius
It’s his money. Who are you to tell him what to do with it?

Back