Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I really think adds was a troll.
Finnbar how is your geography. Cockelbiddy to haig to rawlinna along connie sue turnoff to plumridge lake reserve along raston road to raston lake tiger trap and mallee head breakaways to laverton along great central to brandon caves to giles to sandy bight track to gary junction track to alice springs.

I have no issue with people choosing to renew or not next season, providing they make their decision based on what they genuinely want for themselves and/or their family. What I would hope is that people aren't feeling pressured into one course of action or another by other posters trying to either make them feel guilty for not renewing or telling them they are part of the problem if they do.
There is a lot of negativity on here (not necessarily unwarranted) and there is a tendency to feed off each other a lot of the time.

I've got an AFL membership, so I'll renew but change teams from Port to a different club. I don't really care who. Probably a Victorian team as I'm in Melbourne

I cancelled my international membership. Been a member since 1997. Nothing to do with Ken. I will become a member again when the club is truly a members club where the members control the appointment of the board like most other AFL clubs and like we used to be for 125 years. Until then it is not really a membership at all really, more a donation or an expensive pen.

Programmed cell death? I'm (was) a cell biologist and I don't get the link...

I know :)

Apoptosis:

The death of cells which occurs as a normal and controlled part of an organism's growth or development.

vs

Necrosis:

The death of most or all of the cells in an organ or tissue due to disease, injury, or failure of the blood supply.

Swap out cell for member, and you’ll understand the point. Most people in this thread think the club is suffering from necrosis due to the fact that Koch, Keith and Ken are actively injuring our chances. They are a cancer.

When the reality is...some people need not to renew in order for the club to grow, to become what it needs to be. The message that continual failure is unacceptable needs to be heard. Destruction is a form of creation.

Their sacrifice will not be forgotten.

I guess sometimes scabs are proud of it

Maybe the club could put all the seats from non-renewers on-hold for them and not let them be re-assigned. That would stop the scabs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t blame people for not renewing. When the club doesn’t listen and members are only able to make token board appointments, the only lever left is financial.

My memberships are currently on hold.

yep great idea make it worse
If you want to buy a membership, go for it.

But don’t think you are better than those who don’t renew, or that you are helping keep the club afloat, or whatever. You are about as much of a superhero as 🤡 at 11-4. You are voting for more of the same.

We’ll stay in millions of dollars debt and under AFL control till we fix the stadium deal and start making money. Quicker we bring things to a head the better.

I know :)

Apoptosis:

The death of cells which occurs as a normal and controlled part of an organism's growth or development.

vs

Necrosis:

The death of most or all of the cells in an organ or tissue due to disease, injury, or failure of the blood supply.

Swap out cell for member, and you’ll understand the point. Most people in this thread think the club is suffering from necrosis due to the fact that Koch, Keith and Ken are actively injuring our chances. They are a cancer.

When the reality is...some people need not to renew in order for the club to grow, to become what it needs to be. The message that continual failure is unacceptable needs to be heard. Destruction is a form of creation.

Their sacrifice will not be forgotten.
Ok, I'll pay that.

I have no issue with people choosing to renew or not next season, providing they make their decision based on what they genuinely want for themselves and/or their family. What I would hope is that people aren't feeling pressured into one course of action or another by other posters trying to either make them feel guilty for not renewing or telling them they are part of the problem if they do.
There is a lot of negativity on here (not necessarily unwarranted) and there is a tendency to feed off each other a lot of the time.
The BF Echo Chamber

edc996ea06a589d7e7f8d53da766dad2.gif

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

....... I will become a member again when the club is truly a members club where the members control the appointment of the board like most other AFL clubs and like we used to be for 125 years. Until then it is not really a membership at all really, more a donation or an expensive pen.

But don’t think you are better than those who don’t renew, or that you are helping keep the club afloat, or whatever. You are about as much of a superhero as 🤡 at 11-4. You are voting for more of the same.

We’ll stay in millions of dollars debt and under AFL control till we fix the stadium deal and start making money. Quicker we bring things to a head the better.
We've become an AFL franchise, and are where the AFL and SANFL are happy for us to be.
I can no longer give my money to be used by a Board that doesn't follow the Creed & is happy to accept mediocrity.

Imagine a price hike on memberships for 2020. It's totally going to happen. No doubt for those "electricity costs".

If niether of the SA sides sack their coach, we will be staring down the barrell of our worst membership return since AAMI.

So under your theory we should all abandon the club and let it sink? and i do think i am better then those jumping ship, i am prepared to stick it out and stay a true supporter, people that jump are part of the problem by not giving the club financial security. I believe the club is busting its butt to make money hence China etc and i dont know the final details or constraints on the stadium deal but i am sure we did what was best for us at the time.

Not renewing your seats coz "Ports not winning all the time" is pathetic and you 10-15% that are fickle bandwagoners are crap supporters of our club.

The club needs you on board now more than ever, this is not the time to dessert the club of much needed monies. We will have no club if people like you dont get behind the club

Back