Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I never responded to the pledge request email, but received an invitation to enter the ballot for the Showdown tickets. But now the club is saying, despite explicitly stating to the contrary in previous emails, that they won't automatically assume a 100% pledge? FMD this club can really shoot itself in the foot sometimes.

I've been having huge issues getting emails from the club lately. I seem to get them for my daughter's membership but not my own. I got absolutely nothing about the showdown ballot and had to contact them myself. I've only received a voucher email for my daughter, but when I queried it I was told there would be a list at the Store with my name on it with my name on it as well.

They said they'd fixed my email issues but we'll see what happens when the St Kilda ballot comes up.

They did sort me out pretty quickly. I'm just glad I emailed them yesterday when I did, and I implore anyone else with any doubts whatsoever to do the same.

Guh. Same boat as you, so thanks for the heads-up. Fully paid up Platinum member, but haven't had an email from the club in years.

Just shot them an email. Something definitely ain't right with their systems.

The last ballot was interesting, to say the least. Hopefully they iron out the 'nepotism' bug with the next one.
That's because they had about 5 days to prepare for it after Marshall government said they could have 2,000 people on the Monday of the Saturday night game. It's why I wasn't worried if I missed out for that game. But if they are going to do 25,000 members for the Saints game and had several weeks to prepare for it, they better have a lot better procedure and computer system in place to select members and space out people.

One thing I have learnt the last 20 years - never assume the Port Adelaide membership database is 100% accurate.

There are always errors and glitches in the system.

I've emailed the club today. I have two tickets both under the same customer number. One for myself, and one for the boos lady.
Assuming we get 50% capacilty, I'm hoping to split my two tickets to get access to all games on one ticket rather than acess to every second game with both tickets.
Does anyone else have a similar case ?

The last ballot was interesting, to say the least. Hopefully they iron out the 'nepotism' bug with the next one.

I had a raised eyebrow at a few things with how it was done, but given the odd and timeframe, I wasn't worried. What were you referring to ...

It felt to me like, for the showdown I was more likely to get a ticket if:
* I was in a group all with tickets in different names, rather than all tickets being in my name
* I was a social media influencer

I had a raised eyebrow at a few things with how it was done, what were you referring to ...

Lots of people getting access to blocks of tickets, some up to 5 tickets.
High number of 'connected' people getting tickets, higher than you'd expect from a random ballot.
Supposedly non-transferable but I know several who got in on a ticket not attached to their membership.

I get that it's tricky and I personally have no issue with sponsors/partners getting preferential treatment, it just felt a little awkward when they called it a ballot and got results that seemed to indicate otherwise.

As REH points out, all forgivable with short notice and such a small number of tickets, but they better make it much fairer for the 25k+ crowds.

Lots of people getting access to blocks of tickets, some up to 5 tickets.
High number of 'connected' people getting tickets, higher than you'd expect from a random ballot.
Supposedly non-transferable but I know several who got in on a ticket not attached to their membership.

I get that it's tricky and I personally have no issue with sponsors/partners getting preferential treatment, it just felt a little awkward when they called it a ballot and got results that seemed to indicate otherwise.

As REH points out, all forgivable with short notice and such a small number of tickets, but they better make it much fairer for the 25k+ crowds.

Yep - I think we are on the same page then.

I've emailed the club today. I have two tickets both under the same customer number. One for myself, and one for the boos lady.
Assuming we get 50% capacilty, I'm hoping to split my two tickets to get access to all games on one ticket rather than acess to every second game with both tickets.
Does anyone else have a similar case ?

She's a Crows fan???

No. Apparantly wasn't eligible.

Okay. I'll act under the presumption that if I was in that ballot, I will be going forward in any others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I have learnt the last 20 years - never assume the Port Adelaide membership database is 100% accurate.

There are always errors and glitches in the system.

It will probably be a glitch in the PAFC's database that ultimately saves humanity from the machines the day Skynet goes live.

So, I’m a part payment method Club1870 x3 Member and paused payments but pledged my entire payments to date... approx $500 of the $800.

I called the club today as I haven’t received an email from them at all for months... apparently Adam/iinet email address’ were bouncing back to the club so they were cut off.
This has now been fixed.
I asked about my status in regards to getting tickets, apparently I am considered a 50% pledger and that was enough to qualify for the ballot.

Last edited:
I've been having huge issues getting emails from the club lately. I seem to get them for my daughter's membership but not my own. I got absolutely nothing about the showdown ballot and had to contact them myself. I've only received a voucher email for my daughter, but when I queried it I was told there would be a list at the Store with my name on it with my name on it as well.

They said they'd fixed my email issues but we'll see what happens when the St Kilda ballot comes up.

My membership has been paired with my mum's since I was 8 back in 1997, and despite the clear fact I'm now a 31 year old and despite the fact that we talk to membership services about it every single year since I've been about 15, despite the fact our membership levels have changed, and the obvious fact we've completely moved seats because we're at a new ground, I still don't get emails. Every time we ring we get told they've fixed it, but it never does.

assume this information will of interest to most if it hasn't already been posted..

just spoke to someone from the club in relation to ticket access to future home games this season.. was advised that the ballot will be held according to priorities.. priority one being 100% pledge 11 game members.. priority 2 being 75% and above pledge 11 game members and priority 3 being 50% to 75% pledge 11 game members..

these will be the only members inc. in the ballot.. obviously any future games will be determined by how many people the government will allow entry..

wouldn't give any information on how many 11 game members had pledged 100% and couldn't answer if you'd be able to enter back to back ballots if you received a ticket or whether receiving a ticket may affect future priority..

assume this information will of interest to most if it hasn't already been posted..

just spoke to someone from the club in relation to ticket access to future home games this season.. was advised that the ballot will be held according to priorities.. priority one being 100% pledge 11 game members.. priority 2 being 75% and above pledge 11 game members and priority 3 being 50% to 75% pledge 11 game members..

these will be the only members inc. in the ballot.. obviously any future games will be determined by how many people the government will allow entry..

wouldn't give any information on how many 11 game members had pledged 100% and couldn't answer if you'd be able to enter back to back ballots if you received a ticket or whether receiving a ticket may affect future priority..
Before the showdown KT said we had 28,000 100% pledgers would go into the ballot.

Edit - looks like its not 100% pledgers.

“Clearly it’s a really important ticket to get and they are scarce. All of our 11 game access members who have committed and pledged to the club this year, and that’s about 90 per cent of them, 30,000 which we think is a remarkable effort.

“They will go into a ballot and they will be drawn out over the next couple of days until we get to the right number. We’re trying to make it as fair as we possibly can. As I said, it’ll be a ticket worth having.”

So as a fully paid up 11 game Platinum member (Yes I finally succumbed Hinkley you mother*er!!) I pretty much will get into every game then?

So as a fully paid up 11 game Platinum member (Yes I finally succumbed Hinkley you motherf***er!!) I pretty much will get into every game then?
Depends if they get the clearance for 25,000 every game.

I wonder how many tickets they have to leave for the SMA members. Guess we will find out from what the crows do this week.

No chance for minimum pledge members then?

I also assume anyone who elected for a tax deduction won't be able to enter the ballot (since you can't be seen to receive something for the donation)? Other clubs made that clear in their terms, but Port didn't.
I selected the tax-deductible donation option and was in the ballot for the showdown. I expect to be in future ballots as well, since there has been no communication from the club to indicate otherwise.

I had the same situation for 3 x platinum memberships and 1 x black diamond.
What made it worse was that I couldn't access all the memberships via the Ticketek Magic Internet Page so I couldn't pledge before the date specified anyway.

I will say that it was resolved quite quickly when I spoke with them.

I must need to do that with my daughters memberships, as I can’t access their memberships on the Ticketek page either. I will email the club tomorrow morning.

I must need to do that with my daughters memberships, as I can’t access their memberships on the Ticketek page either. I will email the club tomorrow morning.

There's a link in the top right of the account page under your name that says "Switch Accounts", if there are any linked accounts, you can access them there.

Back