Which players are in your current team?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
33bfca9df8.png

f0abf97cba.png
Ed

I think Danger is the biggest lock in the whole thing. Kelly gone, I expect him to end the year with a second Brownlow around his neck.

Agreed.

Danger #1 lock.

Expecting another year of only individual accolades for Danger.

Surprised it hasn't already happened TBH, thought a Vic club would have poached him by now so he can 'officially' start his AFL career.
Swear Brodies name gets thrown up every year 🤔

80 average last year from 8 games. I think he got injured early in one game, so take that 19 score out and his average is now 89

But what does the addition of another inside midfielder in Greenwood, who will play every game, do for him? Brodies position is hardly guaranteed.

Seems a nothing pick for mine. He's not a money maker and he's not a keeper, so you better hope he can average 95-100 to make it worth while at 435K

I'd take the punt on spuddy Hannebury before selecting Brodie. At least there's proven premo history, a 96 average from last year and is 20k cheaper.

Brodie a terrible choice. That score of 19 was not injury related, he was played in the fwd line. 78% tog that which is actually good for him. Usually sits <75.

Will score when he plays as insid mid.
Just not guaranteed to play!

Suns board hopes he does though
Reportedly his tank improving, seemed to be the worst runner at the club for last few years.

Last edited:
No love for Adam Treloar in this thread? Currently have him sitting in my team at M4 behind Cripps, Bont and Titch

He's underrated for sure
  • Averaged the most disposals in H&A last year
  • Pendles and Sidey aging, Beams MIA
  • Finished 9th on average
  • Has Grundy sending it to him
  • Collingwood to be competitive again
Hard to see the upside though - of the top 30 mids in SC only two had as bad or lower points per disposal @ 3.4 (Gaff 3.4, MCrouch 3.2).

People are off him due to what appears to be capped upside (hard to see him averaging more touches, doesn't look like he will improve his points per disposal).

But I think he is relatively safe too (hard to see him averaging less touches, doesn't look like his points per disposal can drop any further).

Also a s**t player in general. Makes the worst decisions with the ball in hand, fu**s up more transitions than he gets right.

For around the same price I'd rather take a gamble on Worpel improving again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The King of 2020.

Moist.
Also a s**t player in general. Makes the worst decisions with the ball in hand, fu**s up more transitions than he gets right.
Really can’t argue with this. He is a great tackler and an endurance beast but his ball use makes me vomit.
I’m not taking any Hawthorn s**t trucks apart from Titch maybe. Maybe.
Edit: Sicily is tempting me though.

Last edited:

Not a fan of Worpel for 2020; think with Mitchell coming back they'll have limited upside. Clarkson won't want Mitchell cranking out 40+ most weeks the way he was, Worpel will have to share the load with him on the inside, and Wingard should see time around stoppages I'd guess.

Mitchell is priced around the 115 mark which while below the 129 he had in 2018 is not too dissimilar to 2017 (118) which I think will be closer to the average he ends up with. Still a potential Top 10 Mid keeper there.

Worpel is priced at 97, and unless he's got ~15 extra points per game in him, won't be a keeper. With a presumably actually fit Wingard and Mitchell both in the side.

Sicily also likely to return to the loose role that sees him score well means he'll steal some of the share too.

Not a fan of Worpel for 2020; think with Mitchell coming back they'll have limited upside. Clarkson won't want Mitchell cranking out 40+ most weeks the way he was, Worpel will have to share the load with him on the inside, and Wingard should see time around stoppages I'd guess.

Mitchell is priced around the 115 mark which while below the 129 he had in 2018 is not too dissimilar to 2017 (118) which I think will be closer to the average he ends up with. Still a potential Top 10 Mid keeper there.

Worpel is priced at 97, and unless he's got ~15 extra points per game in him, won't be a keeper. With a presumably actually fit Wingard and Mitchell both in the side.

Sicily also likely to return to the loose role that sees him score well means he'll steal some of the share too.

I'm not sure how many people actually end up with 8 of the Top 10 scoring mids in their team by season's end.

If he can improve to 105, which I feel is reasonable considering he'll have another preseason under his belt under the guidance of Sam Mitchell, then he's scoring in the realms of other players like Zerrett, Parker, Pendlebury, Matt Crouch & Coniglio based off last season's scoring.

I dare say many sides would have had one of the above mentioned in the list at M8 by the end of the year.

Wait wait wait. Let me guess. He's flying in preseason?
Ed is always flying in Pre-season. He’s our fittest player. If you don’t like $50k leave him out of your team. 🍆
Mr Ed and his many expressions are worth the price tag. Will average heaps.

5FB3AEF4-F618-48BB-BB17-EB57FB38C34F.gif

You're assuming Polson doesn't steal all his points

It's why i'm not starting Cripps this year gaiz.

Polson is the danger man of the AFL. There's just not enough points left for the Carlton players when he gets time in the guts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back