2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep there's no question. Our club doesn't like negative attention so it makes snap decisions.

Back in the 90s and Craigy years it was jumping at shadows. Now, we bring the negative to ourselves.

I wish we were as quick to flick other underperformers and not just head coaches.

Is it partly because of limited options we have to hang onto the deadwood for longer than we should. I don't see the club and state as a destination for quality people working in the industry. Word would have gotten around pretty quick that the AFC has become a toxic employer.

Last edited:
If we didn't give up our 2013 picks for the Tippet fiasco Patrick Cripps would be wearing a crows gursney, we would have taken him at Pick 8 in the draft.
LOL

What you mean is YOU think we'd have picked Cripps...

LOL

What you mean is YOU think we'd have picked Cripps...
Is there not an interview where we expressed interest in him, or said at the time if we still had our picks that's who we would have taken? I'm sure it has been discussed here before, it was an off hand comment after the fact by one of our recruiting team
Tim O'Brien was who were looking at for 2012 1st pick im sure Cripps was mentioned as 2013 one too

Sad situation for him, but A) He can blame his own union for it and b) He's still much better off than thousands of other people in the country
I guess if he didn’t carry on like an arse hat in his formative years, he’d be up there with Dusty getting $500+K a year instead of getting his first game at 26yrs and earning $25K this year.

Geelong’s bottom line dropping quicker than Selwood in a tackle.
luke-skywalker-impossible-gif.880706

It's a good question, I mean I think I question most things these days but like I said, I want to believe.

Since 2018 I think I've just been less surprised by our failings. But I want to believe we can do the right thing.

Hell I've been a Sturt fan my whole life and my local club didnt win a senior flag for over 30 years..... I've seen so much wrong that if I was to be affected by it I'd never watch any sport.

I followed West Torrens so how did you think I felt - was in Darwin when they made the 1993 GF. Flew down for the day as I thought I would never see them again in one (slightly wrong on that now).

You go thru the lows to appreciate the highs. We haven’t covered ourselves in glory the last 8 years but we have had patches so we as supporters and members persist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every single time we've shown a glimpse (or a patch) of something, we pull out a gun and put a hole our foot.

Many times this was simply at Thursday night selection, but there have been some truly baffling and ridiculous monumental f-ups over the course.

Is there not an interview where we expressed interest in him, or said at the time if we still had our picks that's who we would have taken? I'm sure it has been discussed here before, it was an off hand comment after the fact by one of our recruiting team
Tim O'Brien was who were looking at for 2012 1st pick im sure Cripps was mentioned as 2013 one too
In the lead up to the 2013 draft Cripps was certainly not spoken of as a top 10 pick by any of the scribes more as a later 1st round pick mainly due to his suspect endurance at the time, from memory he finished at the tail in the 3km run and had poor results in all of the "endurance" tests. Twomey had Cripps going to the Saints at 18 in his Phantom Draft a week before the 2013 draft.

Phil Bunn I think would have been our WA scout at the time so he'd be the guy to ask. I suspect we might have taken lightning quick mid Nathan Freeman if we retained the pick who unfortunately had his AFL career cut short by crippling injuries.

Not sure if he mentioned it in this from a couple of years ago.

Is it partly because of limited options we have to hang onto the deadwood for longer than we should. I don't see the club and state as a destination for quality people working in the industry. Word would have gotten around pretty quick that the AFC has become a toxic employer.
Particularly as unlike our neighbours we don't want to open the account for anyone semi highly rated.

His union is paying him additional cash from a player welfare fund.

His union serves its members. There doesn't seem to be a massive outcry from players. Admittedly, every flog with a mobile has been attacking the players, so they probably don't want to say much publicly.

Do you really think any kid just coming into the game would stand up to the players union? Even if they have figured out they've been sold up the river with this deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back