Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite enjoy the jarring difference between the perfect vocals and the impromptu breathless shout out to the crowd.

Just give me some real sport. No dancing. No gyrations. No political messages. And to think I enjoy two blokes fighting for the ball. Such a simple person I am.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Superbowl XIV was a good contest that blew out a little in the final quarter. Either side would have been worthy winners and KC were a little lucky with that TD.
I went to the Millenium Bar and found it a little underwhelming tbh. Nothing special at all.

Win games / keep your job

Does he think Reid would have kept his job if the Chiefs turned in the same win % as Lyon or Richardson in the last few years ?

No mention of the amount of young wonderkid types that are getting head coaching jobs in the NFL these days

I used to like Duffield but he is throwing out some very poorly thought out stuff the last 18 months or so

Maybe he is feeling the heat of some young hungry reporters breathing down his back

Current ages of NFL head coaches

40 Kingsbury
49 Quinn
57 Harbaugh
45 McDermott
45 Rule
41 Nagy
36 Taylor
37 Stefanski
56 McCarthy
61 Fangio
45 Patricia
40 Lafleur
50 O'Brien
58 Reich
55 Marrone
61 Reid
56 Gruden
51 Lynn
34 McVay
38 Flores
63 Zimmer
61 Belichick
56 Payton
38 Judge
41 Gase
52 Pederson
47 Tomlin
40 Shanahan
68 Carroll
67 Arians
44 Vrabel
58 Rivera

AFL

44 Nicks
58 Fagan
38 Teague
47 Buckley
51 Worsfold
39 Longmuir
43 C.Scott
40 Dew
47 Cameron
51 Clarkson
43 Goodwin
38 Shaw
53 Hinkley
47 Hardwick
48 Ratten
49 Longmire
43 Simpson
49 Beveridge

I don’t follow NFL but I think AFL has been evolving rapidly with expansion and endless tinkering to rules, drafting, fixturing and the like. I wonder if that may effect coaching careers.

Notionally, and based on nothing at all, I would predict that the peak age for an AFL senior coach may be between 45-50. If you’re over 50 you need to have a track record, experienced across all aspects of coaching with a defined game plan and strategy. Under 45, you are the new breed, complete with L plates, more focused on bringing fresh ideas and change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bin Chickens have somehow managed to make their team song even worse:

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

The Bin Chickens have somehow managed to make their team song even worse:

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:
Don't mind it to be honest. The chorus is the only thing that will be sung in the changerooms and that hasn't changed.

Still prefer ours ;)

Well let's be honest, the endless digs at our song when theirs increasingly sounded like an embarrassing relic from 1986 (which of course it was) meant that a change was long overdue.

I don't mind the re-record per se, but why move "kings of the big game" from a soaring crescendo of notes to just a plain recitation? And I see that the "wise men of the east" have been replaced by "grow as champions from within" (eh?) and "West Coast magic" (fairy dust?).

So all remains as of before. I imagine Port may be the next to have another go at what is now sounding quite dated as well...

I just read that Kerr was in some medical trouble today in Kalgoorlie. It’s alleged that he had alcohol poisoning and discharged himself from the hospital. Don’t know how to share the link from my phone but it’s on watoday. Sad to hear if true.

Well let's be honest, the endless digs at our song when theirs increasingly sounded like an embarrassing relic from 1986 (which of course it was) meant that a change was long overdue.

I don't mind the re-record per se, but why move "kings of the big game" from a soaring crescendo of notes to just a plain recitation? And I see that the "wise men of the east" have been replaced by "grow as champions from within" (eh?) and "West Coast magic" (fairy dust?).

So all remains as of before. I imagine Port may be the next to have another go at what is now sounding quite dated as well...

Surprised they could get Hungry Jacks and SGIO into the lyrics considering all the product placement in that video

We're the Eagles...West corp Eagles

And we're here to sell our souls

Get your insurance , Burger King after the game

We're the Eagles

Sold out againnnn

Surprised they could get Hungry Jacks and SGIO into the lyrics considering all the product placement in that video

We're the Eagles...West corp Eagles

And we're here to sell our souls

Get your insurance , Burger King after the game

We're the Eagles

Sold out againnnn
Nah, Hungry Jacks have dropped the ball in recent years. There are three Jacks on the West Coast list and not once have they leveraged that in their advertising. Amateurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back