Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

That's you speaking of Mills in the context of him being a midfielder. What about Mills as a defender?

He's 189cm, capable of playing on talls and smalls, has obvious leadership qualities, he will be 23 this year... same age that one Dane Rampe started his career at, at 187cm, capable of playing on talls and smalls, now fulfilling his obvious leadership qualities as co-captain.

Have I been having some of my grandma's green samosas again? Because I feel like I'm the only one who thinks Mills will enter his prime at the exact moment that Rampe passes on the torch and will need his shoes filled. Everyone's saying Mills will be like Hodge, or he'll go into the midfield, or he'll be the next Nick Smith. He will be the next Dane Rampe. Bookmark this post.

A 7 is pretty generous. Let’s not go overboard that’s a very fair and good rating. Generally I do rate mids more I won’t say otherwise but I’ve been fair here. Generally most sides only have 2-4 players who are 9-10 out of 10. He’s not in that group. Would I rate him over say a Parker who I’d rate an 8, no. Just below is fair.

A 7 is pretty generous. Let’s not go overboard that’s a very fair and good rating. Generally I do rate mids more I won’t say otherwise but I’ve been fair here. Generally most sides only have 2-4 players who are 9-10 out of 10. He’s not in that group. Would I rate him over say a Parker who I’d rate an 8, no. Just below is fair.

Yes but do you think that rating is fair?

Ive no idea how people on here can't see Mills for the fantastic player he is ???? I guess their eye sight is going?

As per Luke Parker's post, he's currently a good ordinary player, nothing more.

Hopefully that changes this season

Mills averages over 18 disposals with over 80% efficiency playing a "not loose" role across half back. Over 6 marks.

He's an elite player in the medium sized backman role.

Describing him as "good ordinary" or a "7/10" just makes one look like a w***er.

Vlastuin has been named as a better option by some. And Vlastuin is certainly among the best in the role. Their stats are almost identical and Mills is 3 years younger.

Last edited:
He was clearly capable of playing and coming through unscathed. That's what literally happened. Then he was having a solid preseason until a few niggles crept in, and then they decided to do surgeries.

The idea that they decided not to do surgery that was really necessary until now, because they wanted to hide the possibility that they pushed him too soon is proper crazy.

The club is flawed and could make different and better decisions, but the "this is a cover up" stuff is qanon levels of deranged.

On Nokia 7.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

agree. Let's move on. His knee stuff is not related. Sports people, who rely on their legs, get shrapnel in the knee all the time it is a side effect of constant sideways movement or shock to the knees from impact movement. Dancers get it too. So a clean up of either calcium build up or bone fragments is not unusual for sports people and dancers at the highest level. Not a big deal really. Just a clean out.

That's you speaking of Mills in the context of him being a midfielder. What about Mills as a defender?

He's 189cm, capable of playing on talls and smalls, has obvious leadership qualities, he will be 23 this year... same age that one Dane Rampe started his career at, at 187cm, capable of playing on talls and smalls, now fulfilling his obvious leadership qualities as co-captain.

Have I been having some of my grandma's green samosas again? Because I feel like I'm the only one who thinks Mills will enter his prime at the exact moment that Rampe passes on the torch and will need his shoes filled. Everyone's saying Mills will be like Hodge, or he'll go into the midfield, or he'll be the next Nick Smith. He will be the next Dane Rampe. Bookmark this post.
But he plays more like Hodge than Rampe.

But he plays more like Hodge than Rampe.

Does he though? I would say Dawson was more of the Hodge type last year, playing loose to use his intercept marking and reading of the play, then making smart decisions and using it well to exit defence.

Mills' game was very much one-on-one based last year. He played on talls like Finlayson and Himmelberg to smalls like McDonald-Tipungwuti and Walters. Basically mirrored Rampe's season, only taking the second or third forward while Rampe took the most dangerous.

There were only two or three games I can recall where Mills played that loose role, and I don't think that was accidental.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mills averages over 18 disposals with over 80% efficiency playing a "not loose" role across half back. Over 6 marks.

He's an elite player in the medium sized backman role.

Describing him as "good ordinary" or a "7/10" just makes one look like a w***er.

Vlastuin has been named as a better option by some. And Vlastuin is certainly among the best in the role. Their stats are almost identical and Mills is 3 years younger.

using the line “makes one look like a w***er” is probably the wankiest thing I’ve ever read on this forum

using the line “makes one look like a w***er” is probably the wankiest thing I’ve ever read on this forum
You need to spend more time on the main board then

Has the Swans mentioned anything about this and if there’s a stream?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Announcement advises limited facilities so I highly doubt they'll be streaming. Swans will probably just use their own equipment to film and review afterwards

Mills isn't that good really, people rate him on potential, not performance. He's an ok player, not a match winner, or even close to one.

Mills isn't that good really, people rate him on potential, not performance. He's an ok player, not a match winner, or even close to one.

Oh right well if we are judging on performance and not potential I would delist Blakey, Rowbottom, Dawson, Florent, Hayward and McCartin as their current performance is not blowing me away so no point keeping them around!

Agree

Rampe is a unique individual.....

Chances are Mills wont reach that level.

He might... But i doubt it.

Fair enough. I understand why one might not see it. Hell I think i'm actually alone in my belief that Mills will eventually play Rampe's role. I don't even know if I really want that to be the case or not, but it's just what I think will happen.

Mills was drafted at pick 3,,,, because hes s**t?
Mills has been selected for the Allies to play play Vic,,, because he's average? 7/10??
Mills finished 1st in the Swans B&F over the second half of 2019,,, because all the other Swans are s**t??

Ill back the recruiting staff that bid on Mills at P3, and The Swans recruiters who decided to match the bid, to know more or be a better judge than any BF posters
You don't make a State of Origen team on potential, you make it because you're a bloody good player.
Doesn't matter what club, to do that well in a B&F means you're simply a bloody good player. Oh, and the people making those judgements know a lot about footy. A lot more than BF posters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back