Training 2024 preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Callipygian

Team Player
May 18, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
I feel like we need a thread dedicated to discussing our team (and possibly others) in the lead up to season 9. The following link has already been posted, possibly more than once, but belongs here too:

I think pre-season training officially begins 3 June 2024 but I have no doubt many (and probably most) of the players will be back in training before then if last season is any guide.

I saw a posse of about 10 AFLW players at the Swans unofficial practice match on Thursday, together with Aliesha Newman. Other players I saw included: Paige Sheppard, Aimee Whelan, Bella Smith, the Hamilton sisters and Mon Ham. They looked very casual and low key - might have been easy to miss them. So at least that many of them are around. They could be training at Swans HQ already for all I know, I reckon it's likely.

Not much more to report for now but I'm glad to have somewhere to post stuff about the team before the season begins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like we need a thread dedicated to discussing our team (and possibly others) in the lead up to season 9. The following link has already been posted, possibly more than once, but belongs here too:

I think pre-season training officially begins 3 June 2024 but I have no doubt many (and probably most) of the players will be back in training before then if last season is any guide.

I saw a posse of about 10 AFLW players at the Swans unofficial practice match on Thursday, together with Aliesha Newman. Other players I saw included: Paige Sheppard, Aimee Whelan, Bella Smith, the Hamilton sisters and Mon Ham. They looked very casual and low key - might have been easy to miss them. So at least that many of them are around. They could be training at Swans HQ already for all I know, I reckon it's likely.

Not much more to report for now but I'm glad to have somewhere to post stuff about the team before the season begins.
Well spotted. Hopefully the guys acknowledged them. Nice that the guys and girls support each other.

While I was at Swans HQ for the AGM I saw that on one of the screens above the indoor playing field they had a timetable about who is using the indoor field and when. And "AFLW" featured a number of times - so looks like some of them are already back training. Great stuff!

The girls are definitely back training in earnest. Pretty much all of them are here in Sydney, except for Brooke Lochland who is temporarily overseas for a mate's special occasion or something. They are gearing up to play in the VFLW. I'm not quite sure how that's going to work - how can we field an AFLW team in the VFLW? There's the potential for us to field literally our senior team but presumably that's not going to happen...? Would we basically field all the least senior players on our list who are fit but omit the likes of Molloy, McEvoy, Lochland etc??

Anyway, I have learned that they are going to play an intra-club scrimmage match on Tramway on Easter Monday. Unfortunately I'm not sure exactly what time, except it will be later arvo/evening.

The girls are definitely back training in earnest. Pretty much all of them are here in Sydney, except for Brooke Lochland who is temporarily overseas for a mate's special occasion or something. They are gearing up to play in the VFLW. I'm not quite sure how that's going to work - how can we field an AFLW team in the VFLW? There's the potential for us to field literally our senior team but presumably that's not going to happen...? Would we basically field all the least senior players on our list who are fit but omit the likes of Molloy, McEvoy, Lochland etc??

Anyway, I have learned that they are going to play an intra-club scrimmage match on Tramway on Easter Monday. Unfortunately I'm not sure exactly what time, except it will be later arvo/evening.
Yeah, I've got no clue who is in the VFLW team and I'm still a bit confused by the whole thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back