Game Day 2020 - the F*** Right Off Grand Final from the F*** Write-Off Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Might as well have a game day thread for the culmination of this s**t truck of a final series.

Greg Pickaver (of Roy and HG fame) was saying on the Drum last night that this Covid19 GF is a Trojan Horse. That there will never be another afternoon GF again.

I'm going for Richmond Geelong. No Richmond. No maybe Geelong...

FMD!! Is there no other choice? Could the heavens open and a deluge of biblical proportions just wash our sins away and take the Richmond and Geelong football clubs with them? Or as Chad Morgan would sing "... and then the heavens broke open and the rain it started to fall, and the whole flamin' town got washed away and there was no-one left at all".

Yes, that'd do it just nicely. Somewhere around three quarter time, covered live on TV.

Otherwise it's Geelong by 13. And Dangerfield for the Norm Smith, just to heap misery on misery.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ablett will win the norm Smith even if he has 3 touches for sentimental reasons in his last dance
Or Martin for the same reason being the only three time winner

Can’t stand the Cats, I noticed lots of new October 2020 cats supporters on BF, never change Geeeeloooong.

But at least if the cats win it, they will quietly * off over a cliff then.

Richmond are going to hang around like a bad smell for a couple of years yet.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm in the minority by the looks of it.

Geelong have a few flogs, but their performances over a few years probably deserve 1 flag.

Richmond are equally floggy, they are not an all-time great team, so 3 flags would greatly overstate their worth.

Reckon Geelong will want it a bit more and win by around 3 goals.

whyBulldogs

Debutant
Oct 5, 2020
North West
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They are both floggy.just enjoy the friday pre GF off and hope for a tight GF unlike last year super boring GF. Couldnt stand that game from neutral perspective. And Can’t wait trade period instead

doggy_dog

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Should be a good game but think Richmond will be too good in the end. 14 points. On Lambert for Norm for something different but will not be surprised at all to see Dusty take home another

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go tigers

Can’t cop Dangerflog and Gablett

Have to agree, Ablett had his golden run and ends off a great player regardless but the smugness of Dangerflog is overwhelming.

Go tigers

Can’t cop Dangerflog and Gablett

....and Scott and Hawkins and Dalhaus winning another without us.

It just comes down to numbers really....Geelong seem to have more personnel to hate than Richmond.

Oh, and the whinging at umpires culture too...

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Johnno on Fox just put up footage of Shane Biggs as his all time favourite GF moment. Love it.

Edit: Forgot to add. #neverforget

No real interest, it feels like a H & A game.

Don’t strongly dislike either team ; have a sneaky admiration for both. Geelong have remained at the top for ages. A well run club.

Hardwick was probably a bee’s appendage from getting sacked & by dint of getting in good helpers he’s on the top.

Good to see folk around Melbourne wearing footy colours but that’s it.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm in the minority by the looks of it.

Geelong have a few flogs, but their performances over a few years probably deserve 1 flag.

Richmond are equally floggy, they are not an all-time great team, so 3 flags would greatly overstate their worth.

Reckon Geelong will want it a bit more and win by around 3 goals.

This is how I feel. Geelong are my least favourite team after GWS but they’ve been up there for the past decade and probably deserve another one. Dangerfield has his faults but he’s an amazing footballer and would be justified in getting a premiership medal.

That said I get the feeling this will be a slog and the tigers will come out on top. Dusty will win the NS if he comes close to 20 touches and a goal or two, no matter what anyone else does.

I have bet on Ablett in case the cats win and he gets the same bias in voting, but I’m not confident.

Not sure it's going to be a fast game with elite footballing skills on display.

Here's the radar just now:
1603520322218.png

From Nine News this afternoon:

Wild weather could delay tonight's AFL Grand Final at the Gabba with lightning and heavy rain set to pummel Brisbane this afternoon.​
Queensland's Bureau of Meteorology released a severe thunderstorm warning for the state's north west and Gulf Country just after noon today.​
The warning said the storms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding.​
The forecast for Brisbane is 70 per cent chance of showers "most likely in the afternoon and the evening" with a chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.​
The potential for lightning during tonight's grand final match between Geelong Cats and Richmond Tigers could trigger suspending the game under the AFL's National Extreme Weather Policy.​
Under the policy, if lightning is predicted within 10km of the venue at the scheduled starting time the game time may be delayed by up to an hour.​
"This decision to delay or suspend play as well as resume play will be made by the Umpire based on information obtained from the BOM and discussions with the Clubs," the AFL policy document said.​

Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Do I want Danger to cry like Paul Licuria? Do I want to Dustin Martin to win a third Norm Smith and deny yet another Richmond player who deserves it more? Do I want Dahl to be a DUAL premiership player before Bont? Do I want Ablett to be rewarded for using Gold Coast for personal gain then dumping them to go back to Geelong?
I’m conflicted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have ordered a Lucky Meal for a Cats victory! (It just arrived.)

From the best pizza place in the West - family size pizza 1/2 capricciosa 1/2 half seafood with a serving of spag bol to save for tomorrow. Free delivery and $10 off through Menulog.

I received an email today for six free deliveries from Uber Eats for the next two weeks, but I've run out of footy games. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back